Thread: Mr and Mrs Reilly - Saturday 18th May 2013

Default Mr and Mrs Reilly - Saturday 18th May 2013

Hi everyone! Just back from honeymoon today and decided to start my report :-) We also got our DVD preview of our pictures and I love them! Don't know how we will pick an album! The pictures will be going online so will post the link later.

Friday 17th May - Day before the big day!

Woke up early as had quite a lot to get organised! It was a glorious day and I wished it would stay like that for the Saturday.
    Needed to go to the bank and take out money for our band as well as pay some money in.
    I then went to my friends to collect the favours; she made cake pops for us as our present and she done an amazing job! They were delicious! I'll attach a picture of them.

Once favours were collected I came back to our house and H2B and i collected all the final bits and pieces for the venue as well as pack overnight bags- both for after the wedding and me for staying at my parents on the Friday evening and took these to the hotel. We then went for a nice lunch together - nice having that time alone before the madness set in!

We then came home and chilled out then H2B went out at 5pm with his best man for a few drinks - I got a bit tearful as the next time I would see him would be on the day! I got myself together and got organised for heading to my mum and dads to stay for the night. Before I left, I left the box I had made up for Grant on the bed which had socks, mints, cuff links, wee smellies, a miniature and an oh so cherished journal. My dad then came and picked me up!

My BMs came round about 7pm and they were laden with bags! More surprises!! My friend Andrew, who was an usher, also came down which was lovely. I gave the BMs the gift boxes I had made for them and they were so happy with them. They then surprised me; they had 2 wedding day helium balloons, a beautiful Swarovski bracelet to wear on the day and a lovely card and note thanking me for having them as BMs! It was such a beautiful gift and I really appreciate all the help and support they gave me on the lead up to the big day!

I thought that was it, but no - H2B had given them gifts to give me! He bought us two bottles of pink champagne along with personalised champagne flutes, a wedding day Yankee candle as well as a cd called "now that's what I call a wedding". I loved them all however another box appeared! In it, a necklace and earring Swarovski set to match my bracelet with a note saying to my beautiful bride, to try and make you more beautiful if that's possible - as soon as I read this, the tears started! I then had an envelope to open which had a cassette in it of "Wonderwall" by Oasis which was to be our first dance with another note saying this was the first piece of music he had bought and couldn't believe it was our first dance, again, the tears started again! Then finally, a letter from him saying he couldn't wait to marry me and spend the rest of his life with me and that he was marrying his best friend! I was shocked - Grant's very laid back and keeps his feelings close to his chest so to read this letter was lovely! I couldn't stop crying lol. Everyone had a wee blub at this! We then had a glass if champagne and just chatted! The BMs left about half 10 so it was time for bed.....my last sleep as a miss!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Platinum Member

What a romantic man - I'm almost in tears here myself :-) Can't wait to hear all about the big day x

Created by Wedding Favors

Saturday 18th May - The big day finally arrived!

I had a fairly ok sleep however woke up at 5am for a bit then again at half 6 and that was me! My mum was up so came into my room and we had a nice wee chat! It was all very calm and relaxed! I had been checking the weather forecast and it wasn't good news with rain to be on all day however when I woke up I checked outside and it was fair so I really wanted it to stay that way!

I got up about 7 and had a quick shower then had breakfast. The hair and make up girls were coming for 9am and the BMs were coming about half 8. I felt remarkably calm and it didn't even feel like I was getting married! Lol. I had a nice leisurely morning before the BMs arrived. They arrived all excited and it started to dawn on me however I was excited, no nerves! Cheryl (make up) and Kelly (hair) arrived at 9 on the dot and it was ready to start getting ready! My MIL2B went first and her hair and make up looked great! Then onto the bridesmaids, again, looked amazing and they were both happy with their hair and make up. My mum went next then finally my turn. I still was feeling calm and was really enjoying the morning! The florist also arrived with the bouquets, they were beautiful! i had decided on tulips and didn't know what to expect but they were beautiful!

We were all ready by about 12.20 which gave us more than enough time for some lunch and then to get ready. The cars were arriving for my mum and BMs at 1.35 and myself and my dad at 1.40 so we had ample time! I then went upstairs with my BMs and mum to get ready! My BMs dressed in one room and my mum helped me in her room. Once I had the hoop, dress, veil on as well as seeing my hair and make up all done and looking like a bride it hit me that I was getting married and the tears arrived! I couldn't stop and was so conscious of ruining my make up I tried desperately hard to stop! I then went to see the BMs who started crying, cue more tears from me! My dad then appeared and told me I looked lovely; I warned him I didn't want tears as he's not that kind of man and if he did, I don't think I could have coped so he done well!!

We then headed downstairs and took some pictures. By this point, it was pouring with rain and the sky was black - there was no chance of it clearing! I felt disappointed however I know I couldn't control the weather and I didn't want it to spoil my day!

By 1.20 we were all ready to go and just waiting on the cars! I hate being late and vowed I would be on time....this didn't go to plan however! More on this soon!! My BMs parents arrived outside along with a few neighbours etc ready to see us leave, cue more tears for me!! Lol. I was trying so hard to stop myself crying but it's difficult!

It was then 1.40 - no sign of BMs car! I was getting quite twitchy as I knew it was late. People outside were motioning to the top of the road that both cars were there so I couldn't understand why they weren't here! My BMs mum took a walk up to try and hurry them along lol. Finally, at 1.45, both cars appeared! The BMs car was continually peeping its horn; turns out it was having a fault and the peeping wouldn't stop!!! It did eventually but put us behind a further 5 mins. The BMs then left and it was time for my dad and I. The rain was still bucketing it down so it was rather hard getting down stairs whilst holding my dress and making sure I didn't fall so I didn't have the most lady-like of exits! The tears had stopped thank goodness and I was glad we were finally on our way!

5 mins into the journey, I spotted the BMs car in front with the bonnet open! It had flew open going down a rather large hill! Great!! I know this wasn't the drivers fault and I was so thankful there were no injuries but I was starting to get angry! It was now 1.55; we were due to get married at 2 and the venue was still 20mins away! I hate being late so I wasn't happy. We finally arrive at the hotel and I'm just glad to be there finally! People had been worried as they knew it wasn't like me to be late and poor Grant didn't know what to think!

Few pictures attached of leaving the house in my lady-like fashion and my dad beaming on his way to the car! :-)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	9088

Me leaving the house

Super Senior Platinum Member

How lovely and so romantic x

The Ceremony

We had chosen to have a humanist ceremony and decided on Gillian Stewart. She was wonderful and everyone commented on how lovely the ceremony had been. A lot of our family members hadn't been to a humanist wedding before so they weren't sure what to expect!

When we were all finally out the cars and sorted it was ready to go! Neil, the duty manager, motioned to Gillian we were there and the string quartet began playing Pachelbel's Canon. The BMs then started their walk and then it was our turn! I was so nervous but managed not to cry! I focused on Grant as I walked down the aisle as I thought if I looked around and seen anyone crying, that would start me off again! I finally reached him, said hi and sorry for being late! He looked nervous and was also roasting! They had been in the ceremony room for an hour by this point! The ceremony began and I genuinely can't remember much of it! It flew in! I'm so glad we have a DVD! We had a unity candle so signed this and Gillian done two readings for us. I seemingly sped through my vows Grant later told me! We were then pronounced husband and wife! I was so happy and it was an amazing feeling! We signed the schedule and got pictures taken! I couldn't believe it had flown in so fast and I managed to keep the tears away!Click image for larger version. 

Views:	174 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	9090

Saying our vows

Signing the schedule
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	176 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	9092

Super Senior Platinum Member

You look stunning, congratulations x

You look absolutely stunning and your dress is gorgeous!!! LOVE your flowers!! ;-D xx

Aww, Mrs R! Just a wee bulb through most of this report! You look gorgeous and it's nice to hear all the details! Hope you had a fab honeymoon and can't wait to read the rest of your report! X

Platinum Member

Awwww you look stunning. So nice to read your report and can't wait to read the rest.

Congrats you look beautiful, thanx for sharing xx

Platinum Member

Loving this! You look stunning I love your cake pops too, sweet. Where did you get your candle? We're looking to have one too xx

Quote Originally Posted by siobhan_flute View Post
    Loving this! You look stunning I love your cake pops too, sweet. Where did you get your candle? We're looking to have one too xx
    Thanks siobhan! We got them online, just typed in unity candles into google. Sure it was inthepinkcandles.com we used :-) x

Thanks for all your lovely comments ladies! I will post more later!

Here is the link to all the pictures if anyone would like a wee nose :-)
    http://www.jacquiegrant.moonfruit.com/

Platinum Member

Thanks for the candle info and also for putting link to photos up, they're beautiful! The dresses and colours are perfect! And I love your tables, all the details are lovely xx

Sorry for the delay, here's the next part of the report :-)

After the ceremony, Grant and I headed over to the main hotel to mingle with our guests for 10 mins or so before the photographer wanted us! It was a lovely chance to speak to people briefly!

The weather still hadn't cleared up unfortunately however there was a tiny dry spell so got a few pictures taken outside with the wedding car. Back into the hotel to get the pictures taken; first bit was Grant and I then the wedding party joined in. The hotel has a big stair case so we then headed there to get pictures! Although the weather didnt perk up I can honestly say it didn't bother us!

Once the photographer got the shots we went back to mingle before being called over to do the receiving line. I didn't want to do this at first however glad we did as we got a chance to speak to everyone briefly and thank them for coming.

Here are some more pics....

Views:	67 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	9102

Views:	47 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	9103

Views:	43 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	9104

Views:	29 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	9105

Speeches

We decided to do the speeches before the meal so my dad, Grant and best man could all enjoy their meal.

My dad went first - he wasn't nervous in the slightest and doesn't mind speaking in front of people. He brought out his speech, seemed to be pages upon pages lol. It was excellent! Spoke about Grant briefly and how proud etc he and my mum were. He was mainly sentimental but did 'rip' me slightly about my love of wedding spreadsheets lol. There were a few bits in his speech that I cried at but he done excellent!

Grant was next - Grant is fairly quiet and speaking in front of a room would not be that enjoyable however he was amazing! Thanked everyone for coming and thanked the BMs for all their helped. Spoke about how thankful we were for our parents helping as well as how he wanted to thank his parents for his good upbringing :-) . Then about me how beautiful I looked and how he was the happy he was today etc, cue more tears from me! He managed to do a well balanced speech with the right among of sentiments and laughs!

Then on to Kris the best man - this was the speech I was dreading! Lol. However he done excellent too - kept his swearing to a minimum and left out a lot of 'colourful' stories shall we say?!

All the speeches were great and everyone commented on how good they had been!

Next up was the food! I do enjoy my food however I hardly touched my meal which isn't like me! Think I was just overcome with everything and didnt feel hungry however again, everyone commented on what a lovely meal it had been.