Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Sunday 26th May - My Wedding Report

Platinum Member

Anyway, lets get this report finished at last

So we sat had the toasts before the meal and it was my dad up first. He was very nervous about doing a toast as he doesn't like public speaking so he had a few drinks to help him along lol. He was brilliant as it turns out and apart from moving the mic away from his face a few times he was super. He was funny and had everyone in a good mood for the rest of the speeches. Stuart was up next and he forgot his speech at home, so he had to wing it. He forgot about all the thank you's so kept asking 'who else do I need to thank' lol. Eventually he got there and managed to thank everyone. He handed out presents to his mum, my mum and dad and we also bought a wee gift for my aunt and uncle who were also celebrating their anniversary. They looked so chuffed and even sent us a wee thank you card after the wedding thanking us for thinking of them on our day.

Next up was the best man who did a good job, although maybe minus a few stories from his friends to embarrass the groom lol. All in all the speeches were great and we then settled in for our meal.

As I said earlier the food was lovely and the service was very good.

After the meal we got a few more photos, this time with Mia and with Stuart's two daughters.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	802.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	9260

Platinum Member

Name:	822.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	9261

Platinum Member

Name:	882.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	9262

Platinum Member

Name:	880.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	9263

Platinum Member

As we were getting the photos taken the tables were being moved out to the outside so that the dance floor could be free. At this stage Corra were a little late in arriving for set up, but when we got back downstairs they had arrived and Jayne was there to greet us. She went over what we wanted and suggested starting with the first dance and do the cake cutting after that which we were ok about, we were happy to take her lead as they know best what works and said yes. It was only then that it occurred to us that this would mean things were delayed a bit for Kirsty & Ross from Imagine Images as they are meant to leave after the first dance and the cake cutting was meant to be before then. However I spoke to them and they were amazing. They said there was no rush and they would be happy to wait till then.

So this is what happened. When Corra called us up for the first dance, we told the wedding party we didn't want to be up there on our own for long and had told Corra this too. So we were announced and started our dance ........ Songbird ....... the Fleetwood Mac version. It was lovely and then Corra announced for the wedding party to join us. They all sat there watching us and we had to signal over to them a few times before it clicked and they joined us lol.

Then it was onto the father daughter dance and I chose 'I can't help falling in love with you' as my dad is a huge Elvis fan. It was at this stage my dad got emotional and almost cried and I told him he better stop or he will set me off lol. So instead he started a slow jive with me, something he promised he wouldn't do as his heart can't take it too well nowadays. Again the rest of the wedding party joined us and it was just lovely.

Corra played another two songs before I signalled to remind her about the cake cutting (as I was so conscious of keeping Ross and Kirsty back ..... but they were amazing about it) and then she announced the cake cutting) although not that loudly as my mum and sister and many others missed it lol.

After the cake cutting, we said our goodbyes to Kirsty and Ross and just enjoyed the party, including some Gay Gordon's, which is not easy in a long dress, with flat shoes and a slippy floor (the floor was very slippy).

The rest of the night was great, we just danced and spent time going round the tables to chat, but still managed to miss lots of people out.

It wasn't the end of the surprises for the night as after the buffet (which looked lovely but we didn't try) Jayne asked us onto the dance floor and said that there was a surprise for both of us and pointed to the back of the room. We had no idea what it could be and then she told us that someone wanted to sing for us and we saw my little second cousin, who is 12 years old come from the back of the room. Abbi sang 'don't stop believing' and she was amazing, everyone gathered on the dancefloor to watch and clap for her. What a nice surprise.

We had a lovely day, even with the issues we had and I can't believe after all that planning it's all over.

Thanks to anyone who has managed to get to the end, I know it was a long one lol.

Name:	913.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	9265

Super Senior Platinum Member

Beautiful picture x

Platinum Member

Name:	922.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	9266

Platinum Member

Name:	934.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	9267

Platinum Member

Name:	964.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	9268

Platinum Member

Name:	974.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	9269

Platinum Member

Name:	748.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	9270

Platinum Member

Here is a link to all the photos if anyone wants to have a look http://www.onlinepictureproof.com/im...eddings/351727

password is dockerill

Beautiful photos annmarie! Given me a good idea of how mine will look in a years time lol, with the same venue and photographer! Your cake is utterly amazing too! Have really enjoyed reading your report. Congratulations again

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soon to be Mrs Armour View Post
    Beautiful picture x
    Aw thank you

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kayls View Post
    Beautiful photos annmarie! Given me a good idea of how mine will look in a years time lol, with the same venue and photographer! Your cake is utterly amazing too! Have really enjoyed reading your report. Congratulations again
    Thanks Kayls, if you have any questions about either before then just pm me and I will do my best to answer and help.

Platinum Member

You all looked fabulous Ann Marie, love the pictures of you dancing with your husband x

Created by Wedding Favors

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by carirw View Post
    You all looked fabulous Ann Marie, love the pictures of you dancing with your husband x
    Thanks Carirw. The photographers were great, highly recommend them.

Platinum Member

Keep meaning to finish this off with a recommendation on suppliers

Cake - This was arranged after a friend's recommendation and we used 'Cake Bake By Sandra' for our large cupcake, cupcakes and cake pops. They were all gorgeous, although I hardly got to eat any but they were great and exactly what we asked for. She is on Facebook if anyone is interested.

Humanist - Our Humanist was Susan Douglas-Scott and she was great. We only got to speak to her on the phone before we booked her, which did worry us at the time, but we did meet her before the wedding for a chat and she sent us loads of examples (which we edited as we don't like it too soppy lol). She was excellent on the day. Guests have commented on her and how good she was, very personable and very good at what she does.

Oran Mor - The venue was gorgeous, the food was lovely, the staff were great (for the most part). I have mentioned my issues with the venue here and of course I wish they hadn't happened, but I appreciate the response I have had from the venue since then and I trust that they will address the issues for future. So I would still recommend the venue to other brides.

Flowers - We got our silk flowers from Silk Blooms and they were lovely. We did have a little hiccup with my flowers not being exactly what I ordered, but Mara did resolve this and the customer service was excellent. I would highly recommend them.

The Band - We booked Corra and they were excellent. We had Jayne as our lead singer and we thought she was great. A few guests did comment that they thought she spent too long explaining dances and trying to get guest up to dance, but I think she was just trying to encourage everyone as my guests where a bit slow to dance. Highly recommended.

Make Up - Craig Alexander Wilson was amazing. Such a nice guy, make up was great and lasted all day. Really nice to have around on the day. Unfortunately I think he is no longer taking bookings as he is changing his field, but he will of course be honouring those already booked and you girls are lucky ladies.

Hair - We booked Lidia Attino from Volume Hair. I had a hair trial with Lidia and loved it, so we went ahead and booked. On the day Lidia was lovely and she did everyone's hair the way they wanted, very nice, however most of the hair didn't last very long in the style. I was particularly unhappy with mine as it was falling out before I had even left the hotel. I had pointed this out to Lidia and she tried to sort it but did brush me aside when I kept asking for more changes saying that if she keeps messing with it, it will be messy looking. I didn't push it and I should have. The style I got wasn't what I got in the trial, but it was lovely. If it had stayed in I would highly recommend her.

Wedding Dress - The Bridal Rooms - Frasers - I bought my dress here and I loved it. The ladies were lovely when I was purchasing. A bit less once I had the dress, but no real issues. For the fitting, I did have a few issues with the dress as I felt that the front (taken up a few inches) was uneven and she forgot to do the bustle. I had to push to get it changed as I was told it was fine etc and had to go back again for second fitting. Still in the grand scheme of things, I got my dress ok and considering some other poor brides experiences lately, I had a fairly easy time here.

Wedding Rings - I actually got mine from H Samuel and Stuart got his from Smooch. We found them very nice to deal with and received his ring with no issues.

Kilts - We used Kilts 4 U and found them to be very helpful when we booked. Not the cheapest out there but we wanted a particular tartan. There was a button missing in one of the waistcoats and another one didn't fit - but I'm sure they would have sorted that if we had taken it back before the wedding (my h2b and best man half tried it on lol)

Alterations - We used Alter Girls after recommendations on here and they were great. Again not the cheapest but the alterations they did were perfect and exactly what we asked for.

Photographers - I have left the best till last. We booked Imagine Images and I cannot recommend Kirsty and Ross highly enough. They were so friendly, easy going, flexible, helpful and just really nice to have around all day. Our photo's were amazing. I hate getting my photos taken and I expected a lot of photos that I didn't like. Of the ones they gave us (around 500) I don't think I can pick one I don't like. Outstanding and an excellent price. Book them while you can ladies as I'm sure they will soon be charging a fortune for their amazing work.

Hope this helps someone as I know I used others recommendations in the build up.
    Last edited by amoricksen; 03-07-2013 at 11:11 PM.