Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sunday 26th May - My Wedding Report

Platinum Member

So we all had our make up done and my hair was done but on walking about I felt like it was falling out on one side. I mentioned it to Lidia and she said it was probably the hair clip as it was quite heavy, so she sat me down and tried to take it out without messing up my hair too much. Not an easy task. I did feel at this stage a little pressured into just accepting that it was ok, but I was worried about it falling out so I pushed Lidia to secure it more. In securing it more my style changed a little and I wasn't happy with it so asked Lidia to fix it and she did, a bit, but did say to me and my sister that she couldn't keep messing with it as one side was all neat and the other side was getting messy now. I am fairly easy going so said that was fine, it felt more secure now so just leave it. I should have pushed it. Definitely push it ladies if you are not happy with it as you can't change it once they leave.

The style also didn't match my trial, but it was close enough and I didn't push that either. I actually like it in the photos I have seen so far, but at the time I wasn't overly happy with it as it wasn't what I expected. I was so chilled out though all day, I accepted it as I knew it would never be perfect.

Here is a photo of us getting ready on the day and me trying to settle Mia who was getting a little tired.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	9085

Super Senior Member

I'm sitting teary eyed reading about all the surprise visitors sounds lovely you did a fab job keep going though!! X

You look stunning! Must admit I've went and had a wee nosy on the Facebook page, your photos are fab! Feel confident we've picked a great venue and photographer now! Keep the report coming really enjoying it!

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kayls View Post
    You look stunning! Must admit I've went and had a wee nosy on the Facebook page, your photos are fab! Feel confident we've picked a great venue and photographer now! Keep the report coming really enjoying it!
    Haha I would have done the same lol. Thanks very much for the comments and you defo have picked a good photographer, if she can make us look that nice in the photos lol.

We did have a few issues with the venue, which I will get to later, but suffering from the cold just now and struggling to write it all up. Will get to it soon hopefully.

Loving your report! I'm back from honeymoon so can fully catch up on all the goings on! I've just started my report too :-) xx

Super Senior Platinum Member

Your pics are stunning, I also had a wee look. Your dress was gorgeous and your bouquet turned out really well x

Platinum Member

Aww thanks everyone. I'll check out your report Mrs R_to_be

Here is Stuart with his family and friends over at the bar in Oran Mor for some dutch courage

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	9093

Super Senior Platinum Member

I think that will be my H2B too x

Platinum Member

So it was time to get into the dress, what a mission that is lol. But after a bit of effort the dress was on and being laced up. We were running late, totally unintentional as I intended to be on time, but it just didn't work out that way.

My dad came up to the room to see me in full dress mode and I gave him a little gift. In fact I had given all the bridesmaids and my mum the same gift that morning, and my h2b had given the same gift to his mother in the morning, with a twist. I gave everyone a double silver photo frame and on one side I had a photo of Mia (the ones that Imagine Images had taken as part of our engagement shoot) and on the other side it was left blank, so they could insert their favourite wedding photo after the wedding. Each person had a different photo of Mia, either their favourite or one chosen by me. It seemed to work really well. I also gave everyone cards, with lots of soppy personal messages. My mum was the only one to cry, they obviously weren't soppy enough lol.

At this point Mia was getting a bit tired and starting to cry a little, not full blown crying, just tiredness and my niece got her in the pram and went for a walk in the corridors with her. We were finally ready to go and we headed off towards the lifts, which we had to go into in shifts as they are tiny at the Hilton Grosvenor.

So when everyone was downstairs we started to head across to Oran Mor, around 10 minutes late. I wanted some photos walking across Byres Road, so Kirsty was running in front of me and getting into position at key points for the photos. We also took a few downstairs on the stairs outside, we were now around 15 minutes late by the time we got up the stairs.

At this point I was still really, really calm, no nerves, no emotion, nothing. It was so weird lol. So we get to the top of the stairs and my mum and dad go up in the lift with Mia. My dad comes to meet me on the stairs and my mum and mil2b are with Mia, then the music starts

Platinum Member

I forgot to say, Stuart had a list of things that he had to bring with him on the morning of the wedding, he forgot half of them, including his speech lol.

He opened his gifts in the morning and sent me a text to say he loved them. I got him a mug with his fav pic of me, a pen with 'To Mr ....... from Mrs .......'. a groom 2013 t-shirt with his name on the back, a t-shirt with the logo 'under new management', socks 'so you don't get cold feet', keyring and mousemat with Mia's face and his big present. I bought him a ceramic watch. He was desperate to wear it but it was too big and I was going to get links removed but wasn't sure he would like it, so he had to leave it unfortunately. This is the watch

Name:	watch.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	9095
    Last edited by amoricksen; 01-06-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Platinum Member

I had also written Stuart a lovely card, telling him how much I loved him and how I couldn't imagine my life without him.

Stuart forgot to get me a card and he was gutted. I was so chilled it didn't bother me at all and told him not to worry, it wasn't the end of the world. He did however buy me some lovely Swarovski earrings I had been admiring for a while

Name:	9025332.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	9096

Platinum Member

So back to the ceremony. I was met at the stairs by mark who was looking after us for the day. Mark was helpful and led Susan Douglas Scott, our humanist over to meet me. She explained what would happen and seemed surprise when I said the younger bridesmaids would sit down during ceremony, but she went with it. I told her the order etc and we were set. I could peek into the venue from the stairs so be aware of that as they can probably see you too. We were ready to go. The music started, instrumental version of guns and roses November rain, which is beautiful and only then did I feel a little emotional but I held it together. My mum and mil2b went first pushing Mia in the pram, then my eldest stepdaughter, then the youngest, my niece and finally my sister. They were told by the photographer to walk slow but the eldest hotfooted it down the aisle lol. Then it was time for dad and I.

Platinum Member

Dad and I started to walk down the aisle and I could see Stuart at the end of the aisle but I didn't want to look at him as I knew he was emotional and I didn't want to set him off lol. I was also quite emotional when I heard the music so I looked around instead and caught some people in the crowd. I just smiled and kept walking, I was not nervous, I was so calm lol.

When I got to the bottom of the aisle I looked at Stuart and I meant to say how good he looked and he said the same to me that he wanted to say how I looked but we just got caught up in the moment I think and forgot lol.

Susan started the ceremony by asking everyone to not post anything on facebook until after the evening guests had arrived, so they could enjoy the experience too and then she started with the vows.

I really can't remember much of it, or the order even though we pretty much wrote it lol. She did tell the story of how I proposed in Jamaica (I am sure you all know the story so I won't repeat it ........... if you don't let me know and I will post it later) and then she went onto the things we love about each other. Mine were

Ann Marie loves that stuart is an amazing dad to Shannon, Siobhan and Mia, she loves that he supports her in everything that she does but most of all she loves that he will give her and her friends a lift home after a drunken night out. She also added 'you know who you are' and I pointed them out in the crowd lol.

Stuart's were

Stuart loves how Ann Marie always puts everyone else first, that she always seems to keep him on the right path, but most of all that she loves him despite his unique sense of humour.

Then it was onto the first reading.

Platinum Member

I'm loving this! How amazing, everything you arranged was so special xx

This is fab what a nice surprise for hubby, cant wait to hear more! Congrats xxx

Platinum Member

Sorry folks, just back from my honeymoon so will finish the report soon

Platinum Member

Next up I think was the first reading. Our friend Angela read Captain Corelli's Mandolin:

Love is a temporary madness; it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides.
    And when it subsides you have to make a decision.
    You have to work out whether your roots have so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part.
    Because this is what love is.
    Love is not breathlessness,
    it is not excitement,
    it is not the promulgation of eternal passion.
    That is just being in love, which any fool can do.
    Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away,
    and this is both an art and a fortunate accident.

Those that truly love have roots that grow towards each other underground,
    and when all the pretty blossoms have fallen from their branches,
    they find that they are one tree and not two.

Platinum Member

I think (it's so easy to forget as it flew in lol), after that it was time for the vows. Susan said to the guests, 'we have now come to the most important part of the ceremony'. At this point, and I really don't know what came over me, I turned on my heel and made as if to leave the venue, pretending I was bailing the wedding. There was not a sound in the hall and I thought 'oh no, no one has got my joke' but when I turned and returned, they started to get it and there was a few giggles ...... phew!

It was not planned, no idea why I did it, just thought it would be funny and I'd been trying to make Stuart laugh so he wouldn't cry lol.

Anyway, we went onto the vows and exchanged 'I Do's' and rings and then sealed it with a kiss. Neither Stuart nor I could get our rings on each other, so we had to help each other out and Stuart put mine on the wrong way too but all was good.

I think next up was the next surprise for Stuart.
    Last edited by amoricksen; 14-06-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Platinum Member

Name:	969214_10152005648559741_250409700_n.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	9179

Mum and Dad and I outside the venue

Platinum Member

Name:	971102_10152005644769741_776887376_n.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	9180

Dad and I

Platinum Member

Name:	984047_10152005648834741_1758977774_n.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	9182

Me with the bridesmaids

Platinum Member

So after the vows, Susan addressed the guests and told them how it was a surprise for Stuart that his family came over from South Africa for the wedding and how I managed to keep it a secret, she said that this leads onto another surprise for Stuart, his sister Denise is going to do the next reading, called 'These I cannot Promise' by Mark Twain

I cannot promise you a life of sunshine;
    I cannot promise riches, wealth or gold;
    I cannot promise you an easy pathway
    That leads away from change or growing old.

But I can promise all my heart’s devotion
    A smile to chase away your tears of sorrow;
    A love that’s ever true and ever growing;
    A hand to hold in yours through each tomorrow.

Stuart was so surprised as we had originally spoke about asking Denise to do a reading, but when she told him she couldn't make it we said we would ask the Humanist to do the reading, so he really didn't expect it. He was emotional already and I could see him welling up again with this surprise, but he managed to hold it together.

Susan did forget about this and ask denise about the reading in front of Stuart, but Stuart explained she wasn't doing one now, as he really thought she wasn't, so all was good.

Platinum Member

Next up was another surprise for Stuart, I had arranged for his niece and one of his nephews from South Africa to do another reading for him. He is a massive Lord of the rings fan so they read a song from the book about the Ents (talking trees to non Lord of the rings fans lol)

ENT: (Nephew)
    When Spring unfolds the beechen leaf, and sap is in the bough;
    When light is on the wild-wood stream, and wind is on the brow;
    When stride is long, and breath is deep, and keen the mountain-air,
    Come back to me! Come back to me, and say my land is fair!

ENTWIFE: (Niece)
    When Spring is come to garth and field, and corn is in the blade;
    When blossom like a shining snow is on the orchard laid;
    When shower and Sun upon the Earth with fragrance fill the air,
    I'll linger here, and will not come, because my land is fair.

ENT:
    When Summer lies upon the world, and in a noon of gold
    Beneath the roof of sleeping leaves the dreams of trees unfold;
    When woodland halls are green and cool, and wind is in the West,
    Come back to me! Come back to me, and say my land is best!

ENTWIFE:
    When Summer warms the hanging fruit and burns the berry brown;
    When straw is gold, and ear is white, and harvest comes to town;
    When honey spills, and apple swells, though wind be in the West,
    I'll linger here beneath the Sun, because my land is best!

ENT:
    When Winter comes, the winter wild that hill and wood shall slay;
    When trees shall fall and starless night devour the sunless day;
    When wind is in the deadly East, then in the bitter rain
    I'll look for thee, and call to thee; I'll come to thee again!

ENTWIFE:
    When Winter comes, and singing ends; when darkness falls at last;
    When broken is the barren bough, and light and labour past;
    I'll look for thee, and wait for thee, until we meet again:
    Together we will take the road beneath the bitter rain!

BOTH:
    Together we will take the road that leads into the West,
    And far away will find a land where both our hearts may rest.

Platinum Member

Once the ceremony was over with we signed the register and had some photos taken then we went back up the aisle. Now at this point we wanted to walk back up to 'Grow Old with You' by Adam Sandler. Now if anyone knows this song from the movie Wedding Singer then you will know that in the movie it starts with Billy Idol talking about a first class passenger singing a song for a second class passenger. This is also on the song in the cd soundtrack. However what I did was I used iTunes to fix it so the song started after Billy Idol's bit so it should have started with the song 'I want to make you smile ...........' however I think the guy who operated the cd player maybe noticed it wasn't at the beginning and put it to the beginning so all we could hear walking up the aisle was Billy Idol lol.

Not what I wanted, but I was still so chilled I wasn't bothered. We then went to meet some guests and say hi before heading over for the photos at Botanic Gardens.

Mia, just before we left the hotel

Name:	217.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	9190

Platinum Member

Name:	354.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	9191

Mia with my mum and mum in law walking up the aisle (they went up before the bridesmaids)