Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sunday 26th May - My Wedding Report

Platinum Member

So roll on a few more weeks and Denise and I are planning the fine details of the surprise, emailing every day (under the heading 'baby Mia') and when she texted me I changed her name to a friend of mine so Stuart thought it was my friend texting. I also changed my iphone so that it just came up 'message' instead of the first line of the message.

A week later Denise tells me another piece of news ..............

loving your report so far!! Can't believ you managed to keep it all a secret what a wonderful surprise for your husband! Keep it coming, I'm checking the forum like 3 times a day now!

Super Senior Member

Oh my god, the tension!! x

Platinum Member

So lets go back to Mr Singh's two days before the wedding. Denise and Olivia have just surprised Stuart and his mum and we are all chatting about how it happened and Stuart looks up to another surprise ...............

Quote Originally Posted by amoricksen View Post
    So lets go back to Mr Singh's two days before the wedding. Denise and Olivia have just surprised Stuart and his mum and we are all chatting about how it happened and Stuart looks up to another surprise ...............

What?? The suspense is killing me!! Haha

Senior Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mhairi_D View Post
    What?? The suspense is killing me!! Haha
    Ahh me too lol ! x

More! Lol you're going to get me into trouble at work! I keep checking for another update!

X

Platinum Member

This is killing me too haha!! I neeeeeeeeeeeeed to know! xx

Platinum Member

Haha sorry guys, I know I'm stretching it out a bit but it's a lot to write so I am doing bits and bobs in between looking after Mia etc.

So Stuart looks up and standing in front of him is Denise's two sons Keagan and Luke, Stuart is in total shock with the beginning of tears in his eyes and his mum is now gushing. The whole table is teary and so happy for Stuart as there was very few of his side making it over. What a great moment.

Platinum Member

Oh wow that is amazing!!!! How fabulous a wife are you :-)

Created by Wedding Favors

Platinum Member

But it's not over yet ............. lol

So roll back to when Denise had some more news for me, it was that Keagan was going to be coming along too, she just had to sort out his school work etc but now all three were coming. I was over the moon. It was more than I could have hoped for.

Or was it.

A week later she emailed to say that Luke could come along too. What an amazing email that was lol

Platinum Member

So at this point, mil2b and Stuart still hadn't heard from Denise and when the text came in to tell them that she couldn't make it they were both gutted but Stuart put on a brave face. My mum and sister came up that night and we told them Denise couldn't make it and I even managed a little tear. I acted all embarrassed like I didn't want them to see me crying lol. I seem to have a knack for acting lol. They all commented later how upset I looked lol. So the plan was set.

But there was more to come ........
    Last edited by amoricksen; 28-05-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Platinum Member

We are back to two days before the wedding (I hope this isn't confusing everyone lol) at Mr Singh's and Stuart's two nephews, his niece and sister have all surprised him. Mark from Mr Singh's was in on the secret and he had set up a table for four next to us so his family could join us for dinner. It was such a buzz watching everyone's reaction and I was just so happy I managed to keep it a secret.

So as we are sitting chatting, Denise's husband David pitches up as the final (well nearly) surprise of the evening. Queue more tears lol.

Platinum Member

This is the best wedding surprise story EVER!!!!

Super Senior Member

I'm loving this!

Super Senior Platinum Member

What a fab story, keep typing please? X

Loving your report! Having a wee peek using hotels wifi on our honeymoon :-)
    What a great surprise you organised!!xx

This story is so incredibly sweet and wonderful. What happens next??....

Platinum Member

So again lets go back to a week before the wedding and this is when Denise texted me to let me know that David had just surprised her and the kids by telling them that he would be coming to Scotland with them, the kids were so happy and so was I. We had a full house lol.

They were arriving on the Friday before the Sunday wedding at lunchtime so the plan was set.

On the Friday I went to get my nails done with a couple of bridesmaids, my mum and mil2b and after I was finished (Worst nail job I have ever had lol) I told them I had to go pick up a surprise pressie for h2b. So off I went to the Premier Inn on West Nile Street to meet Stuart's family. When they arrived I helped them check in and the discussed the plans for that evening. I let them settle in then back to the nail bar so fiance was none the wiser.

Platinum Member

That night I get ready to go out for my 'works night out'.

I had asked a couple of girls at work to facebook me and ask if I could make works night out on the Friday for a few hours (I am on mat leave at the moment). Turns out there really was a department night out that night lol so they invite me on Facebook and I tell them on fb that I can only come for short time as I am going for meal. Sorted.

On the night, I even offered not to go to try to put h2b off the scent knowing that he would tell me to go and enjoy myself lol.

So Stuart drops me off in town and I head to the hotel bar. I text Denise to let her know I'm here and will wait in the bar till they are ready. I did have to chase them up a couple of times after as they had fallen asleep lol. When they are ready I then ordered a taxi to Mr Singhs. I suggested they walk in, in stages so they surprise everyone a couple of times lol and I'm glad it did as it worked so well.

Platinum Member

Once everyone got over the shock, we had a lovely meal were the kids got to try haggis for the first time and Mark was amazing, talking through the curries with the visitors as he knows their curries will be different in South Africa. They actually made a curry that wasn't on the menu for a few of them so I thought that was a nice touch.

When the deserts arrived, we had the final surprise (of the evening) when the staff brought in a desert for mil2b with candles and the whole restaurant sang happy birthday to her. She was so chuffed. They took a photo of her and gave her a copy (which they always do for celebrations), however they gave Stuart a copy too so he could keep here. That was such a nice touch.

That was the end of the surprises ....... well for that night at least lol

I am loving reading your report! You've done a fab job!

X

Platinum Member

So now we are up to the day before then wedding. Stuart's eldest daughter still doesn't know that her cousins and aunt and uncle are here so we don't tell her. Her mum is dropping her off at ours on Saturday as we won't have time to go there and back so when they arrive I ask the girls mum if she wants to come in for a cup of tea, as I'm sure she will want to see the family too. So we are all sitting having tea and Denise calls to say they are in the estate and just looking for the house, so I popped outside and gave them directions, then came in the house and pretended it was some drama with the cakes lol.

When denise and the family pitch up outside, I could have killed the best man as he saw them arrive and kept trying to announce it to everyone, even though he knows we were trying to surprise Stuart's daughter and ex wife. So I had to keep talking over him to try to make him realise he has to shut up, but he wasn't getting the hint and eventually I had to say to him 'in a minute' in quite an abrupt manner lol. It worked.

Anyway, the door went and I asked Stuart's daughter if she could answer it and when she did, there was all her cousins and aunt/uncle, I think it was the first time in a while that girl was speechless lol.

Platinum Member

This is all so amazing, I can't believe you managed to keep all of that a secret and plan everything so perfectly. I can only imagine how amazing your wedding was - please please tell us soon :-)

Platinum Member

So surprises all over for the day, we get all the decorations delivered to the venue, quick meeting with Louise to discuss the plans, pick up and deliver the cake, and then I head to the hotel with the bridesmaids to meet some friends for a wee drink the night before our wedding. It was a lovely way to spend the last night and we had a great time having a wee laugh. They bought me some silly things for the night of the wedding, you can guess ladies lol and we had a giggle.

MY h2b's youngest stayed at the hotel with me and his eldest was staying at the hotel with her boyfriend.

Everyone else arrived at 9.15 on the morning of the wedding. My make up artist Craig Alexander Wilson got here before the girls and had written me a nice card, which is actually featured in my photos by the photographer. Craig was excellent, really lovely, friendly, helpful and just great to be around. Anyone who has booked him is very lucky, although I believe he is giving it up now (he is honouring all his bookings of course). He was amazing all day. I only had one problem where my eyelashes started to fall off, but that can happen to anyone.

Next to arrive was Lidia Attino, my hairdresser for the day. Lidia was good, the hair all looked lovely, but if I am being honest and I want to be honest, the style didn't stay in for long on a few of us and my hair was falling out before I left for the venue, but more on that later.

The girls arrived then and we started the process of getting beautified for the day. I popped along to get some sandwiches from Greggs that I had ordered the day before and we sat and munched and talked and got ready together. It rushes by ladies so plan ahead where possible and give yourself plenty of time.

Next to arrive after that was Kirsty, our photographer from Imagine Images. Kirsty and Ross were amazing. So friendly, personable, helpful etc. We have seen a sneak preview of some of the photos and they look great. She had them up on facebook the next day which was so nice to see after all the planning.
    Last edited by amoricksen; 14-06-2013 at 12:02 PM.