Thread: How to chose a celebrant?

Default How to chose a celebrant?

Hi Ladies,

How did you chose a celebrant for your wedding? We are thinking about an interfaith and humanist ceremony and not sure how you go about contacting celebrants...do you just phone them?!

Any advise greatly appreciated!

M xx

Super Senior Member

It depends how far in advance you are booking. We were just under a year before our wedding when we started looking and most were booked in our area. I looked at the profiles on the HSS website and saw who I liked the look of who was reasonably close and emailed them. We finally found Brenda Reid, who was free and luckily we really liked her. Last time she came to visit us she told us that the celebrants are so booked up that one of the ones from the Highlands is travelling round the country in a campervan to do weddings!

Yes look on the website and see who you like the sound of. We worked our way through the list of our favourites but a lot were booked already so just do it quickly is my advice

Super Senior Platinum Member FutureMrsAdie's Avatar

I went onto the humanist society of Scotland website and read through the profiles of the most local celebrants in my area. I found someone I liked and just fired off an email.

Thanks ladies, we are all sorted now

Mxx

How soon would you advise contacting a celebrant since they book up fast? I have two years to go but would hate to leave it and not get someone!!
    xxx

Hi Gemz,

I get married in 20 months and booked my celebrant in April. Just check if they are taking bookings 2 years in advance, not everyone does.
    Engaged in New York February 2013, getting married February 2015

We contacted 5 and only one had a availability/got back to us, but she was the one we liked the sound of best so we got lucky there! We are getting married in 11months, but glad we have done it now, would maybe recommend doing it sooner if u have a celebrant in mind

M xxx

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FutureMrsAdie View Post
    I went onto the humanist society of Scotland website and read through the profiles of the most local celebrants in my area. I found someone I liked and just fired off an email.
    I did the same as Mrs Adie and we had just over 2 years to go! We were lucky enough to get an appointment to see Mary Wallace and just clicked with her right away, she's fab! Can't wait to meet up for our next appointment x
    Friday 1st May 2015

Thanx Will have a wee look with OH over the weekend - any celebrants to avoid or that any of you have had bad experiences with? x

Slightly worried reading this thread as have just confirmed our date and its 8 months away - worried they will all be booked up.

Best get emailing.

Platinum Member

Don't worry, you will find somebody and at least you're not getting married in the middle of wedding "season".... Do get on it soon though so at least you'll have some choice ;-)

Created by Wedding Favors

Thank you - I emailed 3 last night and we have found a lovely person - so deposit is paid...Now to sort out catering