Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sunday 26th May - My Wedding Report

Platinum Member

Default Sunday 26th May - My Wedding Report

The wedding is over and we had a brilliant day. As our honeymoon isn't till next week, I thought I would start my wedding report.

For those of you that were reading my countdown, I ended a couple of days before the wedding, so I will pick up where we left off there.

Yay! We've been waiting on you! Hope you had an amazing day! X

Super Senior Platinum Member

Congratulations, looking forward to reading your report x

Platinum Member

So, the last post in my countdown was as follows:

So yesterday (Friday), I went and sorted h2b's surprise (more in a mo) and then home to get ready for going out last night.

To give you a bit of background, h2b has lived in South Africa since he was a boy and all his family are there. All his friends are all over the world and when we were arranging the wedding they all said they would make every effort to be here and it seemed like he would have a bit of a reunion with family and friends. Come closer to the wedding and for one reason or another (mostly money and work) his friends and family all told them that they couldn't make it over. To say he was gutted was probably an understatement but in typical man fashion he said he was ok about it. Even his best man had to cancel the trip due to work and he had to ask another friend to be best man (turns out that this is the only friend making it now). I was gutted for him myself.

We travelled to South Africa for his sisters wedding last year, but she hasn't returned the favour and while we understand the expense of coming over, we are aware that she has recently received a big bonus and wage rise and has had two years to save up for this so it is upsetting that she hasn't made the effort. His other sister and her family also said it was unlikely they could make it due to work and school committments. I felt so bad as the guests would be mostly from my side but we got on with it.

So yesterday, I told h2b that I was going out with some guys from work before we went to Mr Singh's India for dinner for mil2b's 70th. I lied.

Platinum Member

So skip to later on and I text h2b to tell him I am having fun with my workmates but will be heading soon to meet him and asking if he is at the restaurant yet. He texts back to say that he is on the way now. I text again ten minutes later and tell him that I am just waiting on a taxi. Apparently at this stage he moans to my mil2b and step-daughter to be that I should be in a taxi already lol

Platinum Member

Oh I am so delighted you have time to tell us all about it now. Congratulations Mrs - and PLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEE type quickly x

Created by Wedding Favors

Platinum Member

So I pitch up at the restaurant fashionably late and meet Mark Singh as I come in. Mark is amazing, a real gem of a host and definitely worth the meal price alone at Mr Singh's. So Mark directs me to my table at the back of the room where everyone else is waiting. My mum, dad, sister, mil2b, step-daughter to be, daughter Mia and fiance Stuart. Seven of us in total. I apologise for being late and sit down in the seat next to Mia's pram so I can look after her during the meal. I chat a bit about how I had a good time at the works do and how my colleagues were drunk when I arrived etc, all a big lie.

Quote Originally Posted by carirw View Post
    Oh I am so delighted you have time to tell us all about it now. Congratulations Mrs - and PLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEE type quickly x
    I think we all agree - I was just away to put the laptop off when I seen your report had started! Big Congratulations and I cant wait to read the rest xx

Platinum Member

So as I am sitting chatting, I am getting excited as I know what is about to happen. Stuart is chatting away to me and suddenly looks up with a shocked look on his face and then looks at me with a 'I'm going to kill you look' lol

Platinum Member

Standing in front of him is his sister Denise and his niece Olivia who have come all the way from South Africa to come to the wedding. Mil2b turns round when she sees Stuart's face and immediately starts crying. She has been with us for 7 weeks now and I am sure she has been missing them as she usually sees them every day or so in South Africa.

Platinum Member

OMG how did you manage to persuade them to come AND hide it from both your husband and MIL??

Created by Wedding Favors

That is such a lovely surprise, how did you keep it a secret? X

Platinum Member

It's not over yet ladies, there is more ...........

Keep the story coming x

Platinum Member

Loving this!

Platinum Member

So lets roll back two months, beginning of April. Mil2b is with us from SA and keeps telling Stuart that she is sure that his sister Denise will come to wedding (the other sister, not the one we went to see in SA for her wedding). Stuart is not so sure as he knows that she is very very busy at work, is a bit scared of travelling on her own as she has never done it and her kids are either working or going through exams so can't come with. Her hubby David owns his own Company so is so busy there is no chance he can join them.

So he doesn't get his hopes up. I texted Denise a few weeks before mil2b got here to tell her if she is coming over and wants to keep it a secret and surprise h2b, she can tell me and I can arrange it all this end. She says she will let me know.

Once Mil2b has arrived denise emails to say that it looks like she is coming and is hoping to bring her daughter Olivia also as she doesn't want to travel on her own. She is sorting it with the school about missing any exams and allowing her to pass on her year marks and she wants it to be a surprise. I was over the moon.

Fabulous surprise! And huge congratulations - hope you had a wonderful day! X

Super Senior Member Laurabelle84's Avatar

Absolutely LOVING this! xx

Senior Platinum Member

Love it! Congratulations, can't wait to read the rest ! xxx

We need more!!

X

Super Senior Member

Amazing!!! Been waiting for this can't wait to hear how the venue was - 10 months till ours at Oran Mor. X

Super Senior Member

Ohhh I'm loving the surprise!! What a wonderful thing to do x

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

congratulations! Hope you had your perfect day! Such a lovely think for you to do! xx
    Friday 1st May 2015

Platinum Member

Thanks Ladies.

So NO ONE knows that they are coming over except me. My mil2b keeps going on about wether or not Denise will come over and I have to keep a straight face. Denise sets the scene and tells Stuart and mil2b that she isn't sure if she will make it as she has two big audits due at work, so she starts to put the doubt in and make them think it's unlikely she will make it.

I love my mil2b but she is acting a bit obsessed by this subject and talks about it every day. Then one day she says to Stuart and I, that she was there when I called Denise and said to her 'if you are coming and want to keep it a secret I won't tell Stuart'. I could have killed her. I was mortified but I covered it as best as I could and said 'no what I actually did was ask denise if she was planning on surprising Stuart and if she was, I told her that she would have to tell me as I would have to arrange a meal for them both' but I assured both mil2b and Stuart that Denise said she wouldn't keep it a secret and would tell us. That night I said to Stuart 'what if I had been trying to keep it a secret she would have spoiled it'. Stuart said not to worry he was confident that they wouldn't make it.

Relief!!!!!!

Super Senior Member

Jings, what a report so far!

Looking forward to the rest!