Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Our Hockey Themed Wedding 8th March 2013

Default Our Hockey Themed Wedding 8th March 2013

Been Married Over 2 Months Now, Never Get 2 Mins Peace To Do A Report, And Don't Know How To Start So Here We Go.

The Day Before

We have 3 children so, my MIL came to look after our youngest as other 2 where at school, so we could go and set up the venue, We were doing our own sweetie buffet which my husband said was my job when I first suggested it but it then some how turned into his little project that I had no say in, but I must say he done a great job setting it all up, while me and my BM (Husbands Sister) helped me put out the table names and our centre pieces and setting up our alternative guestbook, while we waited on my parents coming with our wedding cake that a family friend was making for us, I was rather excited to see the cake as we hadn't seen anything of it yet. Well there was a traffic jam on the way to the venue which held my parents up for over an hour so I was getting stressed out, and well I was about to get ten times more stressed out when the cake came and its not what I asked for, was fuming to say the least, and the family friend wasn't pleased that I didn't like it, she never done what we wanted she decided to change the design which we are both not happy with.
    The we went home, and hubby got all his stuff sorted and was going to stay at his mums the night before, with our 2 sons and my other bridesmaid's husband, so as soon as he went off, I got my daughter Flowergirl sorted and off to bed so me and my mum and MIL, 2 Bridesmaids and other 2 Flowergirls can get showered and bathed and fed, we got the lil ones off to bed and sat around chatting and having a few glasses of wine, when they gave me a box which had a lovely coathanger in it, that was made into my new name ( Mrs Townsend) I love it and a little prince charming slipper candle as I love candles and it was to say that my new hubby was my prince charming. We then headed off to bed around 11ish, I couldn't sleep so decided to watch some tv, but must have fallen asleep as woke at 3am with the tv still on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cost hanger.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	8909

The Morning Of The Wedding
    I woke around 6:30am, as I heard my daughter whos only 1 up wandering around her room shouting on mummy, so decided to go and get her before she woke anyone else up, but my mum had already bet me too it, and told me to go back to sleep for a bit but I was too excited to sleep, so I got up and dressed and went to the shop to buy rolls and bacon for everyone, which I never even had any of was too busy sorting everyone else , the hairdresser arrived about 9am she was fantastic, Hair by Samantha Jane she's wonderful, listened to everything that we wanted and I loved my hair, my good friend Lynda was doing my make up and she came about 9:30am she was wondering helping everyone out with make up, Im not a big make up wearer and I loved my make up on the day, Door bell went around 10am, was rather confused as to who was at the door lol, I was shouting someone to answer it but was told no I had to get it, when I opened the door was a lovely lady with a bouquet of flowers and a big box of chocolates for my Hubby, well that was me crying my eyes out, hes not a big romantic and hardly ever buys me flowers I was a wreak thank god I hadn't had my make up done yet, well my mother was driving everyone mad getting in the way every 2 mins, I was calm as everyone kept saying, it got to about 1pm and it was time for everyone to get there dresses on , my daughter was first she looked lovely she loved wearing a pretty dress as she said over and over again, the limo turned up 15 mins early which meant that my hubby was at the venue waiting for us as he got the limo first, when the BM's and Flowergirls and Mothers got in the car I was left at home with my dad and I started cleaning my house so it wasn't left in a mess, just what I should have been doing in my dress but yeh had to do something other than just sit about waiting, then the limo turned up it was time to go, was so nervous, neighbours out wishing me luck and saying how beautiful I looked.

Name:	Chocolates.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	8910
    Chocolates From My Hubby Was So Emotional That He Sent Them.

Super Senior Member Mrs_G to be's Avatar

aww how sweet of your h2b - waiting on the next installment

Getting married on 23/06/12

Ceremony

Arrived At the venue, had some photos taken of my arriving, had a kind of butterfly fluttering in my stomach, the registrar came and met me to see how I was and to tell me the other half was as calm as can be lol, the manager of the hotel came and said it was time to go in to the room, As soon as I had the music I was so nervous, I walked down the aisle to the instrumental version of Gary Barlow - Forever Love, our ceremony was lovely, We had balloon decorating the room that just made it look lovely our colour scheme is blue, yellow and white, which are the Fife Flyers Ice Hockey Club Colours due to us being big Ice Hockey Fans, with the registrar making jokes about my hubby having to say I Love You everyday, as its something that he never does, felt like 5 mins but was more like 30 mins for the ceremony, was very nice tho, signed the register We Played Westlife - Queen Of My Heart and hubby managed to get ink all over his hands somehow, had some pics taken then we made our exit to Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen Due To our Son loving the song, but he got a bit upset when it played as he thought we were making him dance for everyone, Everyone went and had a glass of cava while we waited to get photos taken and for our dinner to be ready.

Attachment 8917
    Coming Down The Aisle With My Dad x

Name:	62.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	8918

Signing The Register x

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	8919
    Our Ceremony Room Decorated x

Meal

We had photos taken, that I felt where a bit rushed, and we aren't happy as we hardly got any photos taken with my hubbys side of the family, but that was due to my mother being a moan wanting photos taken that we hadn't asked for, why are mothers so annoying sometimes, We where then called for our dinner, I was rather hungry by that point , due to not eating in the morning as was so nervous, our meal was a choice of

Starter
    Chicken Goujons With Dip And Salad
    Or
    Scotch Broth Soup

Main
    Macaroni Cheese And Chips
    Or
    Fish And Chips

Dessert
    Warm Apple Pie And Ice Cream
    Or
    Chocolate Pofitaroles
    Or
    Lemon Cheesecake

Dinner was very yummy, and was looking forward to speeches as my hubbys not a big talker and had said he wasn't doing a speech so would be funny to see what he says, well I wasn't expecting anything, so I was totally blown away when he said a few words then had made a power point presentation, was so lovely and I ended up in tears, the best man and my dads speech was lovely as well, time was going by so fast, it was time to cut our wedding cake, we had lots of comments about how lovely it was even tho it wasn't what we asked for but people loved our personalised cake topper, it was brilliant much better than I had hoped it would be.

Name:	152.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	8920
    Hubby Giving His Speech

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	8921
    Our Cake

Name:	10.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	8922

Our Cake Topper

Evening Reception

Time was going far to fast for my liking, it was not 7pm and people had began arriving for the evening reception, well it was a great time, seeing people that I hadn't seen in a while, I moved to fife nearly 2 years ago so was very overwhelmed and happy that loads of friends and family travelled from Edinburgh to come to Our wedding, it was then at around 8pm that time came for us to have our first dance we had been dreading it all day, as we aren't big dancer, We had our First Dance to Backstreet Boys - I Need You Tonight, then we played Josh Groban - You Raise Me Up, and then breathed a sigh of relief that the first dance was over, we spent most of our time speaking to guest arriving, and at tables, I then needed to struggle with my dress to go to the loo for the first and only time that day and night, wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, Me and my Girlfriends had a wee boogie to Steps 5, 6, 7, 8 and Tradagy, then it was buffet time which me and my hubby never even got any of, it was then time for the end of the evening, our son ended up falling asleep on a chair around about 11pm, and our daughter had been sleeping in her buggy since about 9ish , we had loch Lomond as our last song of the evening then it was time to say goodbye and make our way to bed, well my hubby helped his mum and sister take our kids to there room for the evening and my mum had to help me out of my dress, when he came to the room we sat and read our cards from our guests and then I ran down to the hotel reception to see if we could get some juice and a packed of crisps as we where both hungry, and we went off to bed we where both shattered, we had a fantastic day.

Name:	579027_10151382401469652_2130073714_n.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	8923
    Our First Dance

Name:	120.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	8924
    My Dress I Loved It So Much

Name:	edited pic.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	8925

Our Beautiful Family

Name:	116.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	8926
    Us With Our Bridesmaids And Flowergirls

Name:	127.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	8927
    Us With Our Best Man And Ushers

Name:	168.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	8928
    Photo The We Had Taken In Mirror I Love It

Name:	169.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	8929

Another One In The Mirror

Our Wedding Suppliers

Hotel - The Lomond Hills Hotel In Freuchie Fife
    Its Such a homely and very beautiful hotel, we both loved it the moment we viewed it and booked it straight away. The owner and staff are lovely too which makes things so much easier.

Decorators - Enchanted Events
    Supplied our balloons and chair covers which just transformed our venue to just what we wanted.

Cake - Family Friend

Dress - http://www.indesigngown.com/
    This dress was beautiful and I loved the website, and it was so fast at delivery and all made to my measurements , could not have been more happier with my dress.

Guestbook
    We ordered the Ice Rink Online, And Cut Out The Hockey Pucks Ourself On Black Card

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	8930
    Our Guestbook

Invites - Made By Our Auntie

Super Senior Member Mrs_G to be's Avatar

you look very happy - so glad you had a great day - I love reading wedding reports

Getting married on 23/06/12

Platinum Member

awwwww looks like you had a superb day and what a lovely family. Congrats xx

Super Senior Platinum Member

Congratulations, looks as though you had a fab day x

Love the family pictures, definitely one for the wall! Your dress is gorgeous, and your menu sounds very yummy! x

Congratulations!! ;-) you look gorgeous! I want your menu at my wedding!!! ;-D xx

Platinum Member

Congratulations, you look lovely and what a gorgeous wee family you have! xx

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Saza713 View Post
    Guestbook
    We ordered the Ice Rink Online, And Cut Out The Hockey Pucks Ourself On Black Card

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	8930
    Our Guestbook

Invites - Made By Our Auntie

My H2B and I loved your guestbook. We both think your hockey themed wedding was fab and want to wish you all the very best. Even though we are meant to be your arch enemies (Braehead Clan Supporters!!!).

But seriously, what a lovely report and fantastic wedding. Congratulations from one pair of hockey die hards to another!!! xxx