Thread: Bit lost...

Default Bit lost...

I am new to this and now the initial excitement has worn off and we've started thinking about what we want it all seems a bit over whelming and I don't know where to start?
    I think we have decided (the first of many decisions) to go small and just have immediate family parents and siblings which takes us to 18 people. And are looking at a date in march or April next year (thought it was a long way off but in wedding planning terms seems very soon)
    So we are looking for a small venue for ceremony and photos (something picturesque maybe with a outdoors and small enough so we won't feel drowned as a small party) then on somewhere for a meal in or around Edinburgh.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Platinum Member

It is really overwhelming knowing where to start, but you've done the improtant thing (saying yes!) and thought about numbers. Once you have your date and venue everything will fall into place from there. We went to the Glasshouse for H2B's birthday last year and loved it. We actually commented on how nice it would be for a wedding. With those numbers you could have your meal in one of the smaller rooms and the outside bit is lovely too, really old (the scenery) meets the modern of the hotel. Don't know if you can actually get married there but I think that would be lovely xx

Congratulations! Welcome to the crazy world of wedding planning
    Agree with siobhan_flute, venue & date are the first thing ou need to do. Then the next big things are booking ceremony (finding church, registrar, humanist etc.), photographer, band (if you having one), and then thinking about 'save the dates'. Once you've done that you can start thinking about your dress!! Then chipping away at everything else.
    As for venues, I think Monteiths cater for small weddings - great photo ops on the royal mile!
    Good luck and happy planning x

Thanks it really is a crazy world I must thank my married friends from sheltering me from it until now.

Quote Originally Posted by elopeornope View Post
    Thanks it really is a crazy world I must thank my married friends from sheltering me from it until now.
    I know exactly what you mean xx