Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Our wedding at Venachar Lochside!! 4.5.13

Quote Originally Posted by carirw View Post
    Ooooh nice shoes!!
    Red or Dead Shirley shoes, soooooo comfy, and got sooooo many compliments on them, probably more than the dress!! Best purchase ever hehehehehe

Evening

The night just flew by, everyone was up dancing and having a brilliant night. We were meant to have an outdoor BBQ but as it was STILL raining, the food was all cooked and served indoors, we had locally sourced burgers and sausages and they were a big hit, so much that we actually ran out of them My poor dad didnt get one. Was slightly annoyed as people were taking platefuls back to their tables and then there were ones not getting eaten and just lying on the tables.... Slightly irritating as there were people not getting any! I had also brought crisps and dips up to the venue and they were to be served at night and they forgot. I didn't notice as I was too busy talking to people, wasnt until the next day, but oh well, done now!
    The cake was served up as well, and again, I didnt see it, but apparently the slices were huuuuuuuuuge, absolute wedges, so I'm a bit annoyed about that too, as again, a lot of people didnt get a bit (us included) My sister said the next day that her 5 year old son brought a slice back to table and it was a massive wedge, she gave him into trouble and asked where he got it, he said they were all like that. Wish she had told me as I would have got them to re-cut the slices. Everyone said how delicious it was, and I've had their cakes elsewhere, but still a bit sad we didnt get any of our own cake

The night continued to fly in, and before long, it was the end of the night, and Loch Lomond was playing. Think our English guests were quite surprised at how raucous it all got! My FIL said the next day that we all know how to throw a good party!!
    So sad its all over, but it was amazing, a perfect day (apart from the weather) and I cant wait to see our official pictures!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9351_10151330244805378_331935057_n.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	8881

Recommendations

Venue
    Venachar Lochside. We went here for our second date 3 years ago and fell in love. It is "us". Simple and surrounded by the Trossachs and sitting on Loch Venachar. When we got engaged there was no other place we considered. Alice, the wedding co-ordinator, was so helpful, and answered my many, many emails all very quickly, and did everything to make the day as perfect as possible. Its quite a small intimate venue, max 65 during day and 120 at night, which suited us perfectly. Our guests all loved it, and many will return for lunch or dinner!

Celebrant
    Mary Wallace was our humanist celebrant and we liked her the second we met her and there was no other choice for anyone else to marry us. She helped us so much, and helped write our amazing ceremony and we are forever grateful for all her support. Highly recommend her (and a humanist service)

Cake
    Our amazing cake was made by Karen at "a little promise", it was delicious. She creates works of art with her cakes, and prices are sooo reasonable. We've had her make a few other cakes now as well, including my hubbys 30th "scrabble" cake, much yumminess!

Photographer
    Alistair Jolly, based in Falkirk. He was recommended to us from another photographer who was booked on our day and we clicked with him as soon as we met him. Loved our pre wedding shoot with him, and we used one of the pictures for our signing frame, it looks like a picture which should be in a magazine or something. Cant wait to meet after our honeymoon to choose pictures for our album. He was so good at organising people on the day and manages to somehow command the crowd but also be in the background and non intrusive. Brilliant!

Hair and make up
    I got all my beauty treatments, nails etc at LA Beautiful in Falkirk, lovely girls and very reasonable prices. Unfortunately I couldnt get to them for my make up in the morning so got Zoe and Acacia Beauty to come to the house, she is lovely and my make up was flawless and lasted all day. She uses Lily Lolo products. My hair was done by Cheryl who works at Erstaz salon in Cumbernauld, she is my sisters hairdresser and performed miracles with my thick unruly hair!

Dress and shoes
    I couldnt justify spending a fortune on a dress, and decided to see what was available in the high street, found my dress in House of Fraser, by Anoushka G, and fell in love, total bargain and fitted like a glove! Only alteration needed was dance ribbons to put in. Had soooo many compliments on the dress and I didn't want to take it off at end of night lol. It was super comfortable and despite being clingy and not at all what I thought I would like, was super flattering!
    My shoes were Red or Dead Shirley shoes in silver glitter, I loved them, so comfy and soooo sparkly, everybody loved them, stunning and will definitely wear again!

DJ
    Our dj was Barry at Soundtec discos, highly recommed him. We met him at a wedding fair and he was brilliant! Kept our dance floor full all night long (he has an album on his FB page, was fun looking through the next day) and totally read the crowd. Called the ceilidh dances too, brilliant!
    Last edited by MrsE; 12-05-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Congratulations ur dress and shoes were stunning!! Looked like you had a fab day xx

Super Senior Member

Congratulatiosn!

Sounds as though you had a fantastic time!

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

Congratulations MrsE! Sounds like you had a wonderful day, and coped very well! I'm so glad you have such nice things to say about Mary Wallace as she is our celebrant too and I'm really looking forward to working with her..she's lovely!
    Best wishes to you both for the future xx
    Friday 1st May 2015

Sorry been ages, (not been on here much since I became an old wifey hehehehe) the password is lennie if anyone fancies a wee peek

http://portfolio.alastairjolly.com/e.../98YcIUFUCmGZU

Super Senior Platinum Member

Stunning pictures x xc

Platinum Member

Awwwww beautiful xx

Thank you for sharing all about your special day I am getting married at Venachar lochside in September and it sounds like you had an amazing day :-)

Super Senior Member

I love this venue, fab! And you look gorgeous, lovely dress. Sounds like a brilliant day