Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG it's now time for my countdown

Platinum Member

Default OMG it's now time for my countdown

I just realised this morning that it was 4 weeks till my wedding yesterday and therefore time to start my countdown, eek lol.

I have enjoyed everyone else's countdown so far so I hope you guys will enjoy mine just as much and maybe it will help you get excited about your own upcoming weddings just as others have for me.

My first post isn't very wedding related unfortunately as yesterday started off with me volunteering for the Rangers charity foundation, which this year supports four charities including the prince and princess of Wales hospice and ABF the soldiers charity. I volunteered at their walk for heroes event which must have raised around 15,000 and counting. It really is a great charity foundation as they work really hard every year to support numerous charities and some of their staff even take part in death defying stunts to raise money personally. They are a really good bunch.

We left the charity event early as we had to rush off to a family christening. Although this wasnt wedding related it was really nice as some of my guests for the wedding were there so it was great to see them and have a chat before the big day and also to introduce them to my beautiful baby daughter. It was a great day and can't wait till next time I see them lol.

Hopefully my posts get a bit more weddingy in the next few posts and looking forward to hearing all your advice going forward if I start to turn into a bridezilla lol

Platinum Member

YAY, another countdown - I can't believe yours is here already :-)

Sounds like a lovely weekend and a great chance to see some of the family before the big day, fantastic.

Looking forward to the daily countdown now!! xx

Created by Wedding Favors

Super Senior Platinum Member MissMartin's Avatar

Looking forward to reading your countdown

Exciting!

Yay!!!!! More countdowns!!! I love a good countdown and can't wait to read yours too!

I've just started mine too! Couldnt wait any longer lol. Look forward to reading yours :-) x

Platinum Member

Thanks guys, I hope I don't bore you too much and I hope you help make the weeks fly in (but not too fast lol).

Ooooo Mrs_R_to_be, when is your wedding?

Platinum Member

So today I emailed the humanist to make a few changes to the ceremony as she had forgot to change some things I highlighted previously and I also changed a few things around. It's looking good now, nice and personal, not too soppy (as that's just not us) and most importantly short lol. I really don't want a long drawn out ceremony and the less time folk are looking at me the better ;-)

I have a wee surprise for h2b with regards to the wedding and the ceremony so he won't get to see the final version. I could tell you girls the secret ............................. but I'm not going to lol. I've decided to keep it a secret from everyone so absolutely no one here knows what's going to happen. You girls can read all about it on my countdown ;-)

Is anyone else obsessed with their plans and spreadsheet? I look at it every day even though I know I have nothing to do in that regard for a few weeks lol.

At the weekend I also got some wee things from the pound shop for the favours for the kids.

I need your opinion on weather these are age approrpriate though, as it's been that long since I've bought these kind of things for kids (and my Mia is too young yet lol).

For 2 x youngest girs (age range 4-6)
    Hair Bands
    Tiara and veil
    Fairy Wands
    Doll
    Magnetic Write Board
    Sticker Book
    Colouring activity pack
    Loads of sweets

For 3 x Older girls (age range 12-15)
    Nail Art stickers
    Nail Polish
    Cute little Notepads with pen
    Pencil Case
    Glow Stick
    (and I'm going to get them some teen mags hopefully with some free stuff)
    Loads of sweets

For 1 x boy (aged 8 or 9)
    Boys Candy Gift Set
    Whoopie Cushion
    Slime Pod
    Battery bug
    Glow stick star wars saber
    Star wars yoyo
    Loads of sweets

Also going to buy some disposable cameras for all 6 of them. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by amoricksen View Post
    Thanks guys, I hope I don't bore you too much and I hope you help make the weeks fly in (but not too fast lol).

Ooooo Mrs_R_to_be, when is your wedding?

18th May so coming in very fast! I'll soon be able to say I get married this month!! :-)

Loving your bit about your spreadsheets! I seem to have spreadsheets for everything and my dad keeps mentioning them so I think they'll be included in his speech! He keeps saying he will refer to people as Mr Pink/Mrs Orange as per my spreadsheets....i've maybe went a bit OTT!! LOL x

Platinum Member

I'm spreadsheet mad at the best of times, the guys at work call me the spreadsheet queen!!!!

I have one spreadsheet, but about 10 tabs lol and I am also a colour mad fiend on spreadsheets. At the moment my s/sheet has more green than red so as I use the traffic light system, that's a good thing lol

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

Loving the spreadsheet ideas ladies, as I am more of list writer I don't use them much, however I think with the amount of stuff I'm looking at right now I'll feel alot better about my planning if i can put it all down in colour coded spreadsheets..FUN!!
    amoricksen...looking forward to reading your countdown, 4 weeks will fly in! Looks like you've done a great job with the kids goodie bags x
    Friday 1st May 2015

love another countdown....it does make your own countdown that much more exciting! I'm getting married next week!! Eeek.
    I've several spreadsheets - for wedding budget, wedding spending, the guest list which is now doubling up as keeping track of gifts purchsed from our gift lists. i've a wedding planner jotter which i had a month by month to do list plus kept records of everything i've booked. I've my wedding folder with all the important booking details. Got my honeymoon list too. has kept me very well organised!

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

Love a good countdown! lol I think the stuff for the kids favours are fine x
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Platinum Member

Cheers guys, I just wanted a wee token thing for the kids to keep them occupied for a bit.

Yeh, reading the others does make it feel more real. Oooooooo Caroline, next week. How exciting.

Great, love the countdowns too! Looking for yours now Mrs R to be! X

Love countdowns!!! Not long now :-) xxx

Platinum Member

Ok, so far today has consisted of a visit to Tesco's oooooo exciting. Went for a wee walk in the lovely sun (lets hope the sun stays for all the weekend brides) to get some shopping with my mum and my mother in law to be.

My mother in law to be is staying with us. She came over from South Africa four and a half weeks ago and is here till week after the wedding so another 3.5 weeks. Now I like my mil2b but 2 months is gonna be hard and it's made worse by the fact I'm on maternity leave so we are together ALL day lol.

Anyway, back to wedding stuff. Tonight I am going to try and sort out some of the wedding bits and bobs, which are in the bedroom, into boxes with instructions etc . I can see it far enough to be honest lol but I keep putting it off and it needs done. It will get me away from mil2b for a few hours at least lol

My hen party is on Saturday and I have NO idea where I am going. I know we are going for a meal but that's about it. There are about 19 of us going so it will be good to catch up with the girlies before the wedding.

Platinum Member

OMG has anyone else been totally lost without the forum lol

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by amoricksen View Post
    OMG has anyone else been totally lost without the forum lol
    YES!!! I actually did some work haha!! xx

Platinum Member

I'm on maternity leave, with my future MIL here full time .......... I've been going demented lol

Platinum Member

So last night I sorted some things into boxes and presents into bags. I've still to wrap presents and have to buy some things for the bridesmaids, little bottles of wine, chocs, thank you card. Any other ideas? Cheap and cheerful ladies, as I have already paid for dresses, shoes, jewellery, alterations, hair, make up (for some) and flowers, phew lol.

I made a few more changes to the ceremony words as it didn't feel right, so I changed it around a little and feel better now.

We got a few more RSVP's for the evening (I had to chase them up lol). We also received a few more presents on our honeymoon gift list this week and we got some money from my aunt and uncle. All going straight to the credit card to pay for the honeymoon we have already booked lol.

My hen is in 3 days - can't believe it.

Platinum Member

Still need suggestions ladies for some other little things to buy the bridesmaids as a thank you, all suggestions welcome lol.

So, not much wedding stuff today however I did have a nice day. My gift for h2b came. I got him an LTD watch which is a ceramic watch. Very nice, well at least I like it lol, but made sure I bought it with time to return it after the wedding if he doesn't. I got it at half price so it was a good deal. I really hope he does like it.

Took my baby along to Water Babies today and she had her first swimming lesson at 15 weeks old. She was so good, didn't cry once, took it all in her stride. I even put her underwater for a few seconds and she was brilliant, no tears. I was so pleased as I was sooooo worried about putting her under water lol.

How has everyone else's day been?

Aww how cute, swimming already my 8 year old is just about there, by the time your wee one is eight she will be a wee mermaid by the sounds of it lol

Loving your countdown :-)

Your watch for h2b sounds lovely! We're not doing presents as such and will probably get something on honeymoon :-)

Your gifts for bms sound great! That's kinda what I've gone for too! I also got mine dressing gowns for the morning of the wedding; bought white waffle cotton ones from Primark and iron on transfers online - much cheaper doing it like that so maybe another idea? I also got mine some lip gloss and wee soap and glory miniatures! It's such a costly time and all these wee gifts add up!xx

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by angus1 View Post
    Aww how cute, swimming already my 8 year old is just about there, by the time your wee one is eight she will be a wee mermaid by the sounds of it lol
    Aw I hope so. She was really good. Just chilled out about it all so I hope it lasts. It's quite expensive but if it saves her life one day it will be well worth it.