Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: the wedding diet

Quote Originally Posted by futuremrsmains View Post
    5:2 diet not for me, i have however joined Scottish slimmers 7 weeks ago and lost 11 1/2 lbs so not complaining x
    Well done. I have lost a lot of weight following scottish slimmers in the past. It's a great diet but I fancy a wee change. If the 5:2 doesn't work for me I'll be back on Scottish Slimmers. Xx

Quote Originally Posted by debbie doo View Post
    Well done. I have lost a lot of weight following scottish slimmers in the past. It's a great diet but I fancy a wee change. If the 5:2 doesn't work for me I'll be back on Scottish Slimmers. Xx
    Thanks I lost a lot of weight before with Weight watchers but needed a wee change! Really happy with how easy weight has came off! Good luck with your weight loss 🌟

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harajuku80 View Post

A few people at my work are on this diet and I have to say, I think it's horrendous! I don't understand how starving yourself for 2 days out of the week can be good for you. Your body needs certain regular nutrients to work properly, this can't be good long term. anyway, i still want to wish you ladies good luck with your diets and weight loss!
    I must admit I thought the same until I read the book and actually the health benefits are astounding! It apparently cuts your risk of cancer, heart disease, diabetes and dementia, amazing! And the fact you can eat 'normally' most of the week makes it easier to stick to.

Good luck with your plan, sounds very sensible xx

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilygirl View Post
    The biggest thing I have noticed is that if I eat too little on my eating days, I don't lose as much weight. This seems to be common with a lot of people doing it, so make sure you have at least 1500 calories on your normal days.

x
    Good advice, thanks for sharing I started getting scarily reluctant to eat much on my normal days, not healthy! I'm now making sure I have at least 1500 on these days and it feels like luxury even though that's still being pretty good....I even had a Galaxy yesterday lol xx

Super Senior Platinum Member

Went to my Ww class and lost the 6 pounds I put on when I was on holiday. I only have 12 pounds left to get to my target. I am aiming to lose between 1 and 2 pounds per week x x

With regard to Jillian Michaels DVD's I got the box set off Amazon and while 30ds is great I found it a bit repetitive after a while. The No More Trouble Zones is brilliant, you can select circuits that work the zones you want, perfect for me and wedding dress shape. Currently focusing on my arms/bum. I found the boost your metabolism one wicked as well. Working out 5 days a week and using myfitnesspal I've lost 17lb since January. I don't think the 5:2 thing is for me, I think I would do it if I wanted to lose weight fast and by a certain time i.e the wedding, but I know I couldn't sustain it. Good luck ladies!

Hey ladies, I hadn't heard of the 5:2 diet before. I have 3 months to go to W day and think I need a bit of help to ramp up the weight loss and this sounds fab! Just wondering though, how do you fit exercise into it? I'm assuming you shouldn't exercise on fast days? X

According to the book, you CAN exercise on fast days - I still do my Ripped in 30 workout on my fast days and don't find it any more difficult than usual. Just remember to drink plenty of water - probably more than usual as you won't be benefitting from the water content of your food! xx

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    According to the book, you CAN exercise on fast days - I still do my Ripped in 30 workout on my fast days and don't find it any more difficult than usual. Just remember to drink plenty of water - probably more than usual as you won't be benefitting from the water content of your food! xx
    Thanks for this, it's good to know I can still exercise! X

shall I count you in then Foxxy? Just a reminder to everyone else (there are now 18 of us!) that your start weights for May challenge are due Wednesday. If you could send me them in a pm that would be smashing and will make it easier for me in case I miss one on the thread. Feel free to add me as a friend too so you can find me fast. Thanks!

Super Senior Platinum Member MissMartin's Avatar

Weigh in wed morning for me

That works out quite well as I weigh myself at the chemist. I have my family focus group afterwards and usually stuff my face with biscuits, if I weigh myself it will give me motivation to fast that day.

Quote Originally Posted by kittylee79 View Post
    shall I count you in then Foxxy? Just a reminder to everyone else (there are now 18 of us!) that your start weights for May challenge are due Wednesday. If you could send me them in a pm that would be smashing and will make it easier for me in case I miss one on the thread. Feel free to add me as a friend too so you can find me fast. Thanks!
    Right, yep lets go for it! Sounds great for the motivation :-) x what's ur username on my fitness pal? X

Hiya, same name as on here have added you in!

oh meant to say I lost 2lb my first week on 5:2! hurrah the scales are moving back in the right direction!

For anyone that's wondering about 5:2 ..... I found some FAQ's that are pretty good.

http://www.52fastdiet.co.uk/viewtopi...=1&t=246#faq10

Super Senior Member

I found 30 day shred boring and repetitive. I have joined GymCube.com and am doing the 20 minute HIITs.

Great link miss martin! I actually did my first fast today and although I found this evening hard the rest of the day was fairly easy I'm looking forward to fast 2 on Wednesday

I find the evenings the hardest as that's when I usually eat the most, However...I got myself a new book and got stuck into that last night.

Was going great until H2B offered me toast....it wasn't too bad as I hadn't had a bite to eat the whole day. Back on it again tomorrow so I'll be getting stuck into my book again!

Hi ladies! OK not helpful the forum was closed all day the first day of our challenge but I will accept your 1/05/13 asap please to get you marked up. Send me a pm. Thanks!

Hi girls, thanks to all those who sent me their first weigh in's. I only have 5 so far out of the 18 brides signed up... let me know when you can girls! thanks x

I know we are now in May but too late to join?

I have a stone and a half to lose and ideally want to have it off before i go dress shopping in August - need some serious motivation!!

No Heather I will add you in. Send me a private message with your current weight.

OK more weigh ins have come in thanks girls! still awaiting 7 brides first weights

me again! just to let you know am going away to Spain this weekend but keep sending in your weights ladies and I will update asap when I return Tuesday. Then we can get our weights in for next Wednesday and see how we all got on in week one! good luck everyone xx

back from my hols and its weigh in day!!! fire them in ladies! hope you have had a good weekend x