Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: the wedding diet

Default the wedding diet

After successfully losing 9lbs since January - March I put 7lb back on in one month due to Easter and birthday and being unwell. Am angry at myself as I worked really hard to lose it and it just seems to go back on so easily. The result is I now have 19lbs to lose to get to my wedding goal of 10 stone. Anything under that would be a bonus but am being realistic! Has anyone tried the 5:2 diet? I have done a lot of reading on it and was thinking of changing tact to see if it will kick-start me. I just feel if I can't lose a little weight for my wedding I will never be able to do it. supposed to be a woman's best motivation. I worry about my arms and although my dress isn't strapless, they will still be on show more than usual which am nervous about. Are there any brides who have had success on it? Also has anyone tried metafit and would they recommend it?

I am doing the 5:2, and can honestly say it is the easiest diet I have ever done. I have lost about 9lbs in 5 weeks, which for me is great going. Since you can still have treats, I've not felt the urge to binge or felt like a failure if a day didn't go to plan. It also fits in with normal life. I have also lost serious inches, bought a pair of size 12 jeans at the weekend, which I last did about 15 years ago in my teens!!! I was a size 16 when I started.

fantastic well done! how do you do the fast days? do you take the 500 cals or just go for complete fast which have heard a lot of people do also. well done on the new jeans! great feeling isn't it?

Super Senior Member

I'm doing the 5:2 diet aswell, and it's hard to begin with but then gets easier as your body gets used to those 2 days you're 'fasting'. And, as lilygirl says, you don't feel the need to binge on other days because you can treat yourself on the other days (obv in moderation). I find the 'fasting' days easiest when I'm busy, so don't necessarily notice the hunger pangs and tend to go to sleep earlier those nights too.

I've yet to try metafit, and really need to get myself to go the class, as it's supposed to be really good for losing weight/toning up. x

ok cool. Sounds like its worth giving a go. We can all keep each other company on the way!

Super Senior Member

On 'fast' days I take the 500 cals, I don't think I'd cope with a complete fast! How you split the 500 cals I think depends on each person. Some prefer to graze throughout the day, some fast during the day and use the 500 cals for dinner. I don't eat anything til around midday, then will maybe have a tin of soup or a porridge pot, then make up the remainder of cals for my dinner. Oh, and drinking lots of water also helps! x

On fast days I have recently been having nothing during the day (when I'm working), maybe miso soup at lunch, and then using my 500 cals for dinner and a wee treat at night. It is much easier than you expect, as MissN said, lots of water, and I also have black coffee, really helps too.

I would suggest you get some chewing gum, as I find my teeth feel like they are coated during the day, and i know bad breath is meant to be a side affect of the fast days.

Super Senior Member

Soup is your best friend on the 5:2. Make a big pot that is just veg and stock - remember to count all the cals as they do still add up. Making a big loads of roast veg and some tinned tomatoes. Quorn is good for dinners as its lower cal than meat and if you haven't yet got into quinoa its a great low cal alternative to cous cous or rice. There is a huge thread on the You and Your Wedding forum with heaps of advice for meals less than 300 cals then have a couple of 100 cal snacks.
    Some people prefer to split their calories into 3 meals but I think its best to eat as light as possible during the day so you can have dinner. Lots of herbal tea. Good luck. Xx

Super Senior Member

I did mission clean and lean and it was brill. Lost a stone. Still carrying on with the basic principles and managing to maintain.

http://missioncleanlean.com/

Super Senior Platinum Member MissMartin's Avatar

I'm kind of doing the 5:2 diet.....I fast 2 days a week, usually a monday and a thursday..... when I do, I prefer not to have anything. On eating days, I'll use myfitnesspal and stick to 1200 calories. On fast days I'll sometimes find that if I'm really struggling, then I'll have a wee something at night, toast and boiled egg...a bowl of cereal and im content.

I also have 'spike/cheat' days now and then..... for example I'm going out drinking all day on Saturday and we are having lunch. I'll eat/ drink what I want as I find it's good to still enjoy yourself every now and again.... I do this roughly once a fortnight. Apparently its good for you as your metabolism slows down....so having a spike makes it speed up as you've taken in so many calories.

I've been living this way for a couple of months now and I've lost a good bit. Ordered a size 10 dress from Asos and it came other day and fits I had been using my fitness pal on its own and went down to a 12 from a 14 but now i've combined it with fasting, i've dropped down to the 10 even quicker.

today is my first fast day girls! Have decided to go with nothing until dinner but I guess will have to see how I feel at lunch. Lots of good tips and your success so far are inspiring me! I know a while back kate moss I think was publicly lashed by the media for saying it but I am a firm believer in 'nothing tastes as good as thin feels'! That feeling when you get into your new size ten dress is worth every effort and I try and picture moments like that when confronted with cakes at work (which are my downfall!). good luck everyone and keep up the good work

I wonder if anyone would be interested in holdings a little May 5:2 challenge? We could take a start weight on 1st May next week and track ourselves on here. I could keep a note and then we could see results at the end of the 4 weeks? I have done this on a myfitnesspal forum and it was quite boosting. No worries if you would rather not share weights etc just a thought

Super Senior Member

I quite like that idea, gives us all doing it a little motivation and encouragement. We could also share low cal meals as ideas? And if anyone is not keen on sharing their weight, they could possibly share their weight loss/no loss/gain? x

super MissN! I will add you to the sheet first! So our first weight in and start date is Wednesday 1st May. A week today! Hopefully more will join us

I'm happy to join this challenge too. I need to be at my final weight by the end of June, as that is pretty much my final fitting, so every little helps.

I'm also on myfitnesspal, I find it really helps on fast days (managed to have enough calories for a creme egg one day!)

have added u in lilygirl! x

Super Senior Member

I need all the encouragement to lose weight too, as not only to lose weight/tone up for my wedding next year but I'm also bridesmaid for my best friend who's getting married in September this year! x

I'd like to join too, if I can?

I'm not getting married until 2014 but would like to lose an stone overall, and be at least a couple of pounds lighter for when I start dress shopping!

Super Senior Platinum Member MissMartin's Avatar

I'd like to Join, I go my hen weekend 8th June so would like to drop some more pounds by then....

excellent ladies! I have added you into sheet the more the merrier!

Platinum Member

Totally up for this too kittylee I think it will help me stick to it knowing that I have to fess up to cheating and not losing anything lol. I've been doing my fitness pal but started 5:2 last week. Last week was easy but I'm struggling today, boo. It will be worth it though! I've been having strawberries mid morning then saving the rest til dinner.....must not eat anything else today haha x

Senior Platinum Member

I'm up for this too ! Went to my first meta fit class in 8 weeks, back in the zone. And I've booked to give boot camp a try on Friday xx

Super Senior Member

I will go for it too! My colleagues are doing it too.

Me too, extra bit of motivation!

Can I join you girls too? I have a stone and a half to lose in 4 months - eek! Need all the motivation I can get!

Xx