Thread: I've narrowed it down to 3 photographers - can anyone help me decide please?

Default I've narrowed it down to 3 photographers - can anyone help me decide please?

Sorry if I'm driving everyone mad with these photographer threads, I'm even starting to annoy myself and H2B ha ha!

I have been looking for a photographer for weeks now, our venue is booked and it's the next thing on my list - I'm told they get booked up fast so to go for this ASAP. I have looked at loads and there are loads of great choices and I've lost count of how many I love. I've managed to narrow it down to 3, I've talked to them over email and they've all been so helpful and offered to meet with us, and they all take beautiful pictures. I was just wondering if anyone has any comments on any of these or has used any of them before to help me decide one from the other?

Michael at Polarberry photography -
    875 for 4 discs, hardback photobook, around 400 edited images from bridal prep - around 9:30pm.
    SD Photography -
    2 photographers on the day, 970 for 1 disc with personalised sleeve, around 300-350 edited images from bridal prep -first dance.
    Karol Makula - 699 for around 350 edited images, on 1 disc with personalised sleeve, from bridal pep - first dance.

I really love the style of them all, I'm stuck

Thanks in advance, N x

Advertiser

SD For me.

We went with SD Photography and Sarah and Darren were fab, we only did a half days photography with them but honestly they were brilliant. The pics were great and I can't recommend them enough. I've also heard good things about the other two but Sarah and Darren put us at ease and they got some great photos on the day. xx

Super Senior Member

We have booked Karol - love his style and he is a lovely guy who I believe I will feel at ease with! Its a hard decision but we had 3 to choose between all of which were similar styles, but after meeting them all Karol was the one that we both felt most comfortable with and I especially felt most comfortable with regards him being in house for bridal prep etc. X

We have also booked Karol Makula and very pleased - love his style and a really nice guy x

KiaraP

We have booked with Karol aswell, found him a very friendly and we were comfortable around him at our meeting. I did want to get a photo album in our package but I thought it is something we can create ourselves at a later date with the many websites that allow you to do this.

I find his style work just right for what we want xx

Super Senior Platinum Member MissMartin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McBeth Photography View Post
    SD For me.

I think SD as well.....funny how we think the same.......

Quote Originally Posted by almostmrsB View Post
    I've talked to them over email and they've all been so helpful and offered to meet with us, and they all take beautiful pictures. I was just wondering if anyone has any comments on any of these or has used any of them before to help me decide one from the other?

Michael at Polarberry photography -
    875 for 4 discs, hardback photobook, around 400 edited images from bridal prep - around 9:30pm.
    SD Photography -
    2 photographers on the day, 970 for 1 disc with personalised sleeve, around 300-350 edited images from bridal prep -first dance.
    Karol Makula - 699 for around 350 edited images, on 1 disc with personalised sleeve, from bridal pep - first dance.
    Meet with them all and then decide. I think you and your partner will know who you like to spend your special day with once you spend time with them each.

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yinster View Post
    Meet with them all and then decide. I think you and your partner will know who you like to spend your special day with once you spend time with them each.
    Good advice! I'ts important you are comfortable with your photographer.

Senior Platinum Member

Like the others I would advise you meet with your top three to see how you get on with them all... you need to remember you will be spending alot of time with them and want to be comfortable in their company! then once you have met with them all I would advise trying to negotiate with the price. We had a top 2 but there was a 700 price difference, we got on so much better with the more expensive company and were just honest with them saying the price was going to be the overall deciding factor in the end. We managed to get 350 off our package! I also think it helped we are having a winter wedding. Worth a try though if the cost is a biggie too! Good luck deciding xxx

Thank you so far everyone!

I plan on meeting them all, it's just hard because they're all coming from far away from us so we would have to meet halfway, which I am fine with but it's trying to find the time amongst working and everything else. xx