Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Our Halloween Masquearde wedding 31/10/2012 :-D Now Mrs Grant

Slightly emotional reading this

You look gorg

Xx

Platinum Member

I have gone for a black and white theme so seeing your pictures with your dress and bridesmaids dresses is making me excited ... Loving reading the report so far

Super Senior Member Mrs_G to be's Avatar

enjoying your report - keep it coming

Getting married on 23/06/12

Hi guys thanks soo much for lovely comments means a lot to me. Will get typing just now. I haven't been feeling good for about a month now and this is the first that I have put the laptop on. x

CEREMONY
    When me and my uncle arrived we got our pics took. It was not a very nice day. Seen the registar that was marrying us and she kept me right. There was French students in the class next door from the ceremony room and they heard there was a wedding on and they couldn't wait to see the bride this is what the person who was helping the registar told me lol. When I went by they all went "Aww" I honestly thought I was going to cry but managed not too. Goodness knows how I managed it but I did. I got a few pics took before I went down the aisle. They then started to play the music only the music they were playing was the wrong song the one they were playing was for the signing of the registar. I found out later on it was due to the cd player not working right. When I heard it my wee heart sank but thought its only a song I am finally going to walk down the aisle and be married to my best friend and that is what I did. When I walked down the aisle with my uncle all I seen was rob at the end of the very short aisle and was soooo excited to see him! He looked very handsome in his kilt and waist coat :-). Vows were said and all the way through I was holding robs hand and nearly burning his hand in the process with my thumb lol. I managed to hold it together and not cry we were then pronounced husband and wife and everyone cheered!.
    The song was the same song played for signing the registar but at this point I was on cloud nine and I wasn't bothered. Oh In case us want to know what song it was (journey faithfully) the song for walking down the aisle was supposed to be (you & me life house) :P The song (Billy Idol white wedding) was played for us walking up the aisle as husband and wife :-) Some more pics were took with loved ones and then more outside when we walked out. Then into the bridal car for some pics down at the old town which is just round the back from the registry office. When we got there we were to meet Norie (photographer) but it was far too wet and muddy and we decided to go straight to the Alona and get pics took there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	File0107.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	8434 A pic of Rob (in black and red) and best man Ewan x

Name:	File0158.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	8435 The Vows x

Name:	File0174.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	8436 All of us together x

Name:	File0178.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	8437 Me and rob x

ARRIVAL AT VENUE (Alona Hotel)
    From the moment we arrived at the hotel we got took care of, I had a nice lady that was carrying my train for me so I didn't get it wet when getting out the car. We did manage to get pics took outside with the car what we wanted but at this point it was lashing down. We then went straight to the reception hall to get pics took and we were lucky we had back drops to use too (thanks to my very talented hubby) the back drops were supposed to be used for night time when our guests were arriving and they would get there pics took with there masks on. So we got lots of pics took with the family, us together and then some with friends. Me and rob at this point were tired posing and all I wanted was to sit down and have a drink lol we managed to get away from photos for a bit and sat with the rest of our guests who were all had the reception lounge enjoying their champers. After we had a wee catch up with everyone we then got asked off the hotel staff to follow them that they had a wee surprise for us :-) we disappeared into a room and it looked like staff only area one of the staff members told me to open the lift which I did and inside was a uncle fester (one of the ones that you would get at Halloween time and I think asda had them at one point) was sooo thoughtful of them doing that so me and rob posed with uncle fester hehehe. The staff then said that they had more up stairs so we went upstairs and got more pics took and since we were in a theme park M&Ds anyway we decided to get pics took on the carousel. I wanted to get pics on the carousel ages ago but when I was asked after getting loads of pics took earlier on when all we wanted to was sit I said no, but since we were going by them we decided to go for it! Was great fun on it getting pics took. We then went back to see all the guests again and robs mum shouted on him as soon as she seen we were back and she wasn't happy because the flower girls never got there pics took on the carousel and they were upset. We didn't know they wanted this and someone must of promised them but don't know who. Anyway was desperate to see the room were we were having our meals and I couldn't wait any longer so rob took me to the room that him and ewan had helped set up along with the staff. It was gorgeous and was everything I hoped for and more!! the guys done a fab job! Rob had made all the centre pieces we had and all the skulls too this took him months to do it. The guy is very talented and I am very proud of him :-) It was then onto the meal before we got introduced to the guests as Mr& Mrs Grant one of the staff members asked me what I would like for my meal and she showed me a personalised menu that had "welcome to the marriage of Mr& Mrs Hunter this was wrong that's my maiden name lol so I had to say something to them they couldn't of been more apologetic "it was funny" not only that but during saying the vows when the registar asked me "do you take Robert Hunter to be your lawful husband?" I said "no but I take Robert Grant" everyone was buckled! When this happened at the meal we were in knots and all our guests at that point had seen the menus and were laughing and they were all going to cgeer louder when got introduced as Mr & Mrs Hunter lol but unknown to them we had sorted it lol. Speeches were said and what a laugh some of them are everyone did soooo well when it was my uncles go he mentioned my gran my gran was like a second mum to me growing up and if it wasn't for he and my uncle me and my other siblings would of ended up in a home and that is for sure. She was my world I miss her everyday and I know she is proud of me :-) well that was me in floods of tears lol managed to hold it in all day but that was me lol. Some gifts were given out at this point and then it was dinner time. The meal was gorgeous no complaints with it. We were all enjoying ourselves that much we forgot about what time it was we were told some of the night guests had arrived lol. So off we went to greet some of them. More pics took and some presents given. I then got kidnapped at this point with my sister to her hotel room ( we were all staying over in hotel) to freshen up as I needed it lol.

Name:	File0229.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	8438 Robs parents and my uncle and my mum x

Name:	File0239.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	8439 Love this pic x

Name:	File0258.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	8440 Me, rob, my brother and my sister x

Name:	File0276.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	8441 Robs sister and the kids

Name:	File0250.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	8442 One of all the day guests x

Name:	File0285.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	8443 My brooch bouquet my uncle bought me all these brooches were sourced from all over America. My florist Silk Flowers Audrey done a fab job and she is just as wacky as I am lol x

Name:	File0339.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	8444 Us with our masks on and the back drop rob made x

Name:	File0355.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	8445 My first time getting to see robs handy work all together x

Name:	File0356.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	8446 One of the trees rob made x

Name:	File0376.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	8447 Our table placements rob made x

Name:	File0360.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	8448 One of the many skulls rob made x

your wedding looks so cool and fun I'm getting married on Halloween next year! Looks like you had a lovely time, congratulations x

Name:	File0380.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	8449 Me with uncle fester x

Quote Originally Posted by Krystalsquish View Post
    your wedding looks so cool and fun I'm getting married on Halloween next year! Looks like you had a lovely time, congratulations x
    Thanks very much! :-) You have good taste getting married on Halloween I am sure us will have as much fun as we did planning it all the best! x

Name:	File0401.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	8450 Us on the carousel x