Thread: Kilts

Platinum Member

Default Kilts

Hi folks- I am so confused about kilts and hoping someone can help! H2B has finally chosen his and confirmed that he wants 6 ushers, plus my two bro in laws to wear them....looking at the budget it is VERY tight for this, the hire package is 100 per person. Do you think it is okay to ask the ushers and my bros to pay half of the cost so 50 each? H2B has never been an usher but if he was I would offer to pay for the outfit anyway but I know some people might be offended? We will also say that anyone who already has their own kilt can wear that so we are not dictating what they wear although would love if they all matched! Thanks folks- stress haha!!!!

Super Senior Member Owl proposal's Avatar

My sister offered to pay for her BM dress. I don't think it's unreasonable for the to contribute, if they were normal guests ie not part of the bridal party I'd expect they'd buy a new outfit of some description. Not sure how I'd feel if I had to ask them though, its a bit of a delicate one.

A lot of kilt places will do a free hire of every fifth kilt so with your numbers that would save you 200.

Platinum Member

They are doing 6 for 5 already so that brings it down a bit! I feel weird asking but the honest truth is we can afford to spend over 1200 for kilt hire but really want all the guys involved! Nightmare! I keep putting myself in the position if I was asked and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest but I am pretty laid back about these things, just don't want anyone feeling put out. Thanks xx