Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 30 day squat challenge...

Advertisers Jim - Scotland's Party DJ's Avatar

Are any of you guys doing Metafit had a look at Shaun T's Insanity programme? (appearing on all good informercials near you)

It's a very hardcore 60 day programme (so good for people who need results in a fairly short space of time) and is very similar to metafit with the added benefit that you can do it in your house and you don't necesarilly have to follow the planned workout schedule. I mix the workouts up with P90x workouts for example but you can pick and choose which ones you like and don't like.

Apart from that, the initial outlay seems expensive but it quickly winds up cheaper than doing metafit at 5 a session.

You get over 10 DVDs so it's quite good for keeping yourself motivated as you can switch things up and make sure your results don't plateau by continually doing the same workouts.

Just thought I'd mention it as I've had great results with P90x (which is more focussed on muscle building so maybe not suitable for wedding workout plans) and Insanity which definitely will get you in ridiculously good shape if you stick with it.

Jim
    Jim Moore - Scotland's Party DJ
    DJ, Vocalist, Host, Ceilidh Calling and more
    www.scotlandspartydj.com
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Brizey View Post
    Day 5 done!

First 50 or so weren't to bad but the last 20 were killer. I'm hoping it gets easier as we go! xxx
    Oh no Brizey you've just reminded me Ive Day3 to do.....lol xx

Quote Originally Posted by MrsB(to be) View Post
    Oh no Brizey you've just reminded me Ive Day3 to do.....lol xx

Just think, rest day tomorrow. you can do this. I'm sure h2b will appreciate the effort haha xx
    Last edited by Brizey; 21-03-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KiaraP View Post
    I have the student xcite membership too, but not used it properly in a few months. Will have a look into the timetable and see if I can fit in a Metafit class x
    I would really recommend it-it's tiring but a great workout! I have made a timetable up for Craigswood, Bubbles and Broxburn as these are the closest to where I stay and Broxburn was the only place that does it (Tuesday from 8-8.30pm). It's a busy class and sometimes is full so best to get there early-I go to CX before so I just sign in for Metafit when I sign in for CX. Not sure if Metafit is on at any of the other xcite venues other than these three though x
    Saturday 21st June 2014 - Solsgirth House

Quote Originally Posted by Brizey View Post
    Just think, rest day tomorrow. you can do this. I'm sure h2b will appreciate the effort haha xx
    My day 4 rest day!!

However I'm not looking forward to the next few days!!

Anyone any challenges like this for the tummy?? I need to get rid of the baby belly - eugh!! Lol xx

Mrs B (to be), have you tried Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred? I've been doing it after recommendations from some of the girls on here and wow...amazing! 20 days in I've lost 6cm from my waist! It's an all over workout but she really focuses on the abs, I think this may be the key to fitting into my dress... xx

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Mrs B (to be), have you tried Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred? I've been doing it after recommendations from some of the girls on here and wow...amazing! 20 days in I've lost 6cm from my waist! It's an all over workout but she really focuses on the abs, I think this may be the key to fitting into my dress... xx
    Sounds perfect! And well done you Not even started on the squats.....although I love my Ministry of Sound workout!

How's everyone getting on with there squat challenge? I started it then it fell to the wayside but I'm back on it like a car bonnet & doing a press up challenge god spare me!!

It will be good to hear if girls have done the challenge & if they got good results

X

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Gallacher View Post
    How's everyone getting on with there squat challenge? I started it then it fell to the wayside but I'm back on it like a car bonnet & doing a press up challenge god spare me!!

It will be good to hear if girls have done the challenge & if they got good results

X
    I started the squat challenge and got to about day 9 but had to stop as I have done something to my outer knee :/ It's really frustrating as I'm not able to do any form of exercise and I love my metafit. I have been to the doctors who has said it's just muscular but im not so sure as Ive had it 2 weeks now and have used Deep Heat, Voltarol, Nurofen, Tiger Balm and had alot of Radox Powder baths and nothing is shifting it

X
    I am ashamed to report I got about half way, missed a day then another day then another. Really want to get back into it. But there was some days where the leg pain was too much to even sit/stand let alone do 80+ squats xxx

I'm on day 6 and my legs are so sore! My H2B bought me a kettlebell to use at the same time! Definitely feel the burn more!

Quote Originally Posted by xmairix View Post
    I started the squat challenge and got to about day 9 but had to stop as I have done something to my outer knee :/ It's really frustrating as I'm not able to do any form of exercise and I love my metafit. I have been to the doctors who has said it's just muscular but im not so sure as Ive had it 2 weeks now and have used Deep Heat, Voltarol, Nurofen, Tiger Balm and had alot of Radox Powder baths and nothing is shifting it
    Xmairix

How's ur knee? Mine clicks constantly I've just accepted it cause it does this with everything now stairs lunges squats dancing lol I should maybe get the doctor to check it lol

Xmairix

How's ur knee? Mine clicks constantly I've just accepted it cause it does this with everything now stairs lunges squats dancing lol I should maybe get the doctor to check it lol
    Hiya, it's the muscle on my outer knee that's still sore 2 weeks on and I'm unable to do any exercise Both of my knees have always clicked, my h2b laughs at me lol. You should only be concerned if your knees hurt when clicking, otherwise it's harmless my doctor said x

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

You guys are all so brave! LOL I'm going to join in with the squat challenge and I think I'll start the 30 day shred DVD again! I've just got my membership for the gym renewed so I've signed up to a body pump class this week (I'm on holiday so it will be easier to fit in than if i was working!) and really want to try CX Worx or Metafit but I'm feart I'm not fit enough! LOL It's the same as I want to try a Yoga class but I'm feart I'm not advanced enough or do the steps wrong! ha! I think I'll stick to my DVD and the gym (plus the new squat challenge) and see how I go! One thing at a time Good Luck to you all! We'll be even more bootilicious in no time! LOL xx
    Friday 1st May 2015

I'm on day 9 of the challenge and did 100 squats this morning....I have to say I'm finding absolutely no benefit/difference. I'm starting to think this is a con

I've not done mine since sat cause my ass is still sore from falling on Saturday who would thought nearly a week later I still have a sore enough bum to be taking pain killers

Right, I am starting this tonight, but wondered if it would work if I did sets of 10 squats, and 10 push ups in between? Or do I have to do all 50 without a break?

Day 11 - 110 squats done....Lilygirl I just do all of my squats in a oner