Thread: why cant i choose???

Platinum Member

Default why cant i choose???

argh - i had a long ranty messgage then when i clicked send my internet crashed and i lost it. now im just p**d off lol.

went shopping for my wedding dress again today and had a good experience. however i feel that im not getting anywhere. i feel that im looking at similar dresses (they've all got to be nice and not over the top with sufficient detail on the back - to please mum lol) anyways i decided that this one was my favourite today http://www.eternitybridal.com/collection.asp 2nd row from bottom, far right D836. (the pic dosent do it justice btw). my mum and bridesmaid think its 'the one' and i thought it was lovely - but why cant i make a decision and just say ok thats it??? something's not right, but i dunno what it is lol. the dress is lovely, and i was worried about it being too plain, but everyone says the detail is lovley and its not too over the top. the back of the dress has lovely detail too.

before i went shopping today my favourite dress was this one http://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-dre...oani/cheyenne/ and while i still like it, im not sure its the one either. im beginning to get really frustrated, coz i just want to have my dress already. im starting to get a bit fed up with dress shopping - not the trying on dresses bit, but the actual getting into the dresses, all tied/zipped/buttoned up lol and then knowing instantly its not right, but having to go out and show everyone anyways. i feel that the dresses im trying on all look similar and its difficult to make a decision. i want my dress to be unique, but not too fussy.... why is this so hard lol

Platinum Member

on top of all this im getting stressed with uni work - really should be doing an essay now, but struggling to find the motivation. i want to crawl into a hole and come back out in 2 months lol. i NEED to finish this essay tonight coz iv got a ton of planning to do tomorrow lol. meh

Super Senior Member

I'm the same with uni work

As for dresses, you don't sound 100%, so keep looking even if it's just a case of narrowing it down online, finding some you love, then finding places that stock them and trying them on. Can be better than traipsing round all the shops. Try Essence, Ella, Maggie Sottero, Forever yours, Alfred Angelo websites and so on...there's plenty websites to browse so if there's any you haven't done already then that's what I'd do.

BUT in saying that, go get that essay done! That's exacty what I need to do right now too instead of wedding forums!

Platinum Member

lol iv joined bootsdiets.com so thats another forum i like to check!! total procastination!! iv only got 1500 words done of a 2500 word essay :S

h2b just came back from a round of golf and when i was chatting to him about it he said straight away that i didnt sound 100% about it and to keep looking hehe i wish i could take him dress shopping with me - he knows me so well and i really value his opinion. stupid tradition lol. (also i really want to see his face when he see's me for the first time in the church, so would totally spoil it hehe) but u no what i mean lol.

Super Senior Platinum Member Mrs McDermott's Avatar

Aw Sue. I would say if you think that something just isnt "right" then its not the dress for you! Only YOU will know when "that something" feels right and when that happens, please believe me you will have found your dress!!!! Keep on looking but remember that pictures dont always do dresses justice, you sometimes have to see the dress to count it in or out. Good luck and let us know how you get on. Mrs McD2b-x-

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    lol iv joined bootsdiets.com so thats another forum i like to check!! total procastination!! iv only got 1500 words done of a 2500 word essay :S

h2b just came back from a round of golf and when i was chatting to him about it he said straight away that i didnt sound 100% about it and to keep looking hehe i wish i could take him dress shopping with me - he knows me so well and i really value his opinion. stupid tradition lol. (also i really want to see his face when he see's me for the first time in the church, so would totally spoil it hehe) but u no what i mean lol.

Oh Sue we just posted at the same time and i know exactly what you mean about taking OH with you dress shopping. Mines the same! Bless hm, he can always pick me clothes that he knows would suit me when i would do my usual and just stand there saying och i dont know and then walk right by it:-))) Mrs McD2b-x-

Platinum Member

lol another match made in heaven then.

i feel like iv trawled the internet for hours and got nowhere lol. i definately know how u need to try dresses on coz they look completely different on you than on the hanger/model. guess il wait til my placements over (5 weeks to go hehe) and try some other shops. luckily iv got plenty of time. im just getting a bit fed up lol x

Sue you will get there in the end. Just keep that thought in your head:-) After all you cant get married without one!hehe

Mrs McD2b-x-

I know how you feel Sue, I cant get excited about any dresses I try on so cant choose either. not sure if it is because I cant find what I want or that I'm just not going to get excited but for all the money we have to spend I kinda want that wow feeling.

Seriously thinking about going in a veil and my underwear

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MissC View Post
    Seriously thinking about going in a veil and my underwear
    hehe definately one for the boudoir shots!!!

Senior Platinum Member

you will know when it feels right
    obviously none of the dresses you have tried on have made you go WOW yet

so keep looking......and get on with that bleedin essay girl !!!

Hi Sue,

Maybe you should go round dress shops by yourself to make a short list and then you wont feel as much pressure, you could always get the dress shop to pretend they have nver seen you before if you go back, lol. It is your dress and should be the dress you love without having to please anyone. I only went with my sister as I didnt want too many people influencing me. Goodluck. My dress is from Morilee and I love her dresses.xx

Platinum Member

wooo finished the essay

i never thought about going myself lol. i might be a bit scared - i always dont know what to say when the girl just stands and looks expectantly at me waiting for me to say how lovely it is or whatever. but i did think about just taking one friend instead of dragging my mum lol. ooft it'll be a few weeks before i can get back out there, but hopefully it wont be too bad

thanks guys. it does make me feel better being able to chat to u's about it all mrs mcD2b - have u organised the next meet up yet???! x

Hey

Sorry to hear you are struggling I would say TOTALLY wait for the gut feeling - it will come with the right dress!

From what you are saying about your mum, maybe you are not looking at enough different types of dresses (ie to please your mum) - at least look to get inspiration. And it may help to look at different types so that you know what you DON'T want. Pick and choose bits - if you see a dress that you love the material, but not the detail, keep a picture, find out what the material is, search for dresses based on that - there will be one out there that matches it!

Another thing I keep getting more and more is a feeling that I almost don't want to choose, cos what happens if it's wrong? Getting like that about band, and about BM dresses. They are what I want, and feel great about them now they are chosen/booked, but at the time I was worried about choosing the wrong one cos I can't go back (even though really, I can!).

Finally I would say RE H2B helping, when we first got engaged I bought a ton of mags and was looking at the dresses. I asked H2B what he thought (I had made no decisions then!) and even a few little tips I found helpful - eg he said not to go with a certain type of neckline cos everytime I wear something with that I feel really self conscious and not happy. It's those sort of tips I liked! So you could ask H2B for advice without actually showing him the dress.

Good luck xxx

Hey Sue, Yey for gettin essay done:-) Was thinking about tryin to meet up just after the end of the month ie payday! Check the social group for details. Mrs McD2b-x-

Platinum Member

thanks mrsshaw2b - that makes a lot of sense. i was looking at the superthread with all the dresses that everyone's wearing and they're all so stunning - altho ones i really liked i felt might be a bit over the top for me. but i guess i just need to try them on and see what it feels like on!!!

mrs mcd2b - cant wait for the nxt meet up, u guys have all been so helpful n supportive

Advertisers

Hey. Short-term loans are beneficial for those people who need money here and now for a short period. For example, its very convenient for me. Short-term loans are issued online, no credit check loans New Orleans. All you need to get a loan is free to access the Internet. Its easier for me to even pay. I know for sure that I have 30 days to repay a loan before salary. I clearly pay everything so as not to be a debtor. How are you doing with such loans?