Thread: Any advice from fellow Vu brides?

Default Any advice from fellow Vu brides?

So currently putting together a very rough draft of a guestlist. We took the package allowing 120 day guests and 200 evening guests and being honest, we're actually struggling to fill the spaces with people we genuinely want there during the day. We could probably will those gaps if we really tried, but it would be more for the sake of it. I'm wondering if anyone else has found themselves in a similar situation, as I am thinking that maybe if we don't use those spaces, The Vu would allow us to have the odd venue extra free of charge, ie. overnight stay in the log cabin, chair covers or LED dancefloor?

i will email or enquire when I'm next visiting, but I'm just curious to know if anyone (not just Vu brides) has found themselves in a similar position? x

To be honest I doubt they will give you anything but you don't ask you don't get. their package states for 120 day guests it won't matter to them if you have 80 guests for 120 because this is what you have paid for. Personally I would bump evening guests to day guests to fill the numbers and get your money's worth.

Give them a call and see if there is anything they can do wont hurt to ask.

When's your big day? I'm a vu b2b as well :-) xxx

Still got over 2 years yet - 18th April 2015! What about you?

I feel like I vaugely remember Kelly saying something along the lines of having brides in the past who haven't used the whole guestlist numbers, so they have thrown in extras like chair covers. I might be wrong or mis-understood what she told me. I did get in touch and express interest in having their bolt-on package. They normally take £3.75 per chair cover, but I've saw other brides mention they've used cover hire companies substantially cheaper than this and I'm starting to wonder if the bolt on package is actually a good deal where the chair covers are concerned.

KiaraP

I found for us that the bolt on package was really worth it. The cars in particular were a must for us and its been handy to get them included with that package (reduces the amount of deposits etc to worry about). Also I think for the price for extra drinks and canapés etc for the numbers has worked out great.

I have also heard (or read on here) before that if you don't use the full numbers you can have things other things included. Might be worth asking for extra drinks for guests or something along those lines. It is always worth asking, my OH managed to wangle free centerpieces just by asking what we could get thrown in if we booked with them xx

Super Senior Platinum Member FutureMrsAdie's Avatar

I got married at the vu in September. I took the same package as you. We asked if we were under numbers if we could get some extras. We were told a day guest was £35 a head so if we were short they would add extras up to the value. We ended up with 100 day guests so we got £700 worth of extras which we used for canapes and extra drinks. I doubt they will offer this unless you ask. If you dont ask you don't get.

Can i ask your opinion/advice. We have booked the Oasis suite and went with the 75 day guests. I find the venue were quite confusing when we first booked the venue in 2010 in making it clear about the 2 deals. We asked if the 120 day guest deal was for the whole venue or if we could have it as we are in the oasis(bigger side). I was told at the beginning we could chose either and we went with the smaller 75 as thought we wouldn't need more that that haha and now we are up to 110 day guests. We asked the question when we were in not that long ago and were told that the 120 deal was only for people hiring out the whole venue?

Do you know what is right as dont understand if i am using the bigger venue and it can hold that amount why we cant use the deal??

Look forward to hearing your thoughts

Super Senior Platinum Member FutureMrsAdie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyMrsB2 View Post
    Can i ask your opinion/advice. We have booked the Oasis suite and went with the 75 day guests. I find the venue were quite confusing when we first booked the venue in 2010 in making it clear about the 2 deals. We asked if the 120 day guest deal was for the whole venue or if we could have it as we are in the oasis(bigger side). I was told at the beginning we could chose either and we went with the smaller 75 as thought we wouldn't need more that that haha and now we are up to 110 day guests. We asked the question when we were in not that long ago and were told that the 120 deal was only for people hiring out the whole venue?

Do you know what is right as dont understand if i am using the bigger venue and it can hold that amount why we cant use the deal??

You might be better just paying the extra £35 per head for your extra guests. I know when I booked in 2010 for our 2012 wedding the Oasis package was about £4000. I paid £7000 for the whole venue package. You have 35 extra guests and at £35 per head that works out at £1225. To upgrade to the full venue package would cost you much more. At our wedding the only used the oasis suite for the meal and then opened the rest of the venue in the evening so there will be enough room for your 110 guests in the oasis suite.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyMrsB2 View Post

As far as I was aware, if you took the package with 75 guests you only got 1 half of the venue and if you took the package with 120 guests, you had the whole place to yourself.

By the time you added on your evening guests, plus the extras you'd like to invite, the room you have booked may not accommodate your total number of guests and being able to extend to the whole venue would depend on whether the other half was spoken for by another bride and groom. Hope you manage to get something sorted. When is your big day? X

As far as I know the package with the 75 guests is for the vu suite which is the smaller of the two. This is the package that we have booked and it has the top table then another 8 tables at 12 people per table so you are best to find out what you actually have because if its that room then it wont hold your amount of guests x

Hey Thanks all for your answers, at the moment we have the oasis suite and have the package for 75 day guests and are having to add on the 35 guests at £35. Its not a major problem but i was just really confussed getting told different things from different people. x
    Jen

If no-one has booked the other half of the venue, maybe they'll open the dividing wall to give you and your guests more space x

Quote Originally Posted by b2bappelbee View Post
    As far as I know the package with the 75 guests is for the vu suite which is the smaller of the two. This is the package that we have booked and it has the top table then another 8 tables at 12 people per table so you are best to find out what you actually have because if its that room then it wont hold your amount of guests x
    hi I am the same we have the vu suite for 75 guest but we phoned up because I went over the numbers and they said we are allowerd 92 to the full meal so its a win win

I have booked the oasis room for 75 evening guests package but we will be having 92 now so we are paying extra for that. It all changed not long ago you can hire the whole venue or the oasis room which is for 75 guests or if u have less numbers its over at the waterlilly for ur receptionb then you go over to the smaller room for drinks then back to the waterlilly for your evening meal and reception so when two weddings are on they are separated this is just new x