Thread: First Makeup Trial this week and no clue what I want :/

Default First Makeup Trial this week and no clue what I want :/

Hi Girls,

I have my first makeup trial with Lynsey from Findlay Makeup on Thursday after alot of recommendations on here. The only problem is, I don't know what kind of look I'm going for and have no idea what I might like. Did you know when you went for your trial what you wanted or did you have a chat or look at pictures to decide what you did and didn't like? Lynsey said i can bring along pictures of anything I like, did you do this? I do know that I will be having a very light spray tan (im beyond pale) for the wedding so I'm going to get that done the day before so Lynsey can match the foundation to my skin colour but that's as far as I go in terms of knowing what I want

Mairi x

Platinum Member

I had my trial with Craig Alexander Wilson and he just asked me what I normally do and then asked about venue, dress, hair etc then said 'I know what I'm going to do with you' and I just left him to it lol.

The make up was perfect (well after a slight tweak to the blusher as he suggested trying both looks so I could decide which I preferred).

Unless you have something really specific you want, I think a good make up artist should be able to suggest what would work for you. Good luck and let us know how you get on.