Thread: Beauty Treatments before wedding - where to go/what to get?

Default Beauty Treatments before wedding - where to go/what to get?

Hi girls,

I am getting married in 7 weeks and I would like to book some spa treatments as Im off work the Thurs/Fri before my wedding on the Saturday.

I was planning to go for a facial, hot stone massage, sugar back scrub and mini microdermabrasion on the Thurs along with some waxing which would cost about 140 in total at Fake Bake in Glasgow city centre.

The next day i planned to return with my mum and sis to get a spray tan and gel nails done (a further 150 for us all)

It isnt like me to spend this amount of money on beauty treatments though and Im considering getting a wee 5pm deal elsewhere. The only problem is that the cheaper deals are often for small unprofessional salons so I wondered if anyone could recommend somewhere I could go on a budget? Or do you think I should just splash out as I do have the money for it, I just wouldnt normally spend so much on a luxury like this!

I know it's a nice problem to have but it is doing my head in trying to decide! The past year has been so difficult with the saving and budgeting it is hard to part with cash like that but on the other hand it is my wedding so maybe I should just go for it.

I dont want to end up in a cold unprofessional salon somewhere; can imagine i'll really need to relax by that point!

Has anyone else got any recommendations for salons or even what treatments to get?

nearlymrsT

I'd be careful getting a facial so close to the wedding, I had an allergic reaction to one the other week and my skin didn't calm down for about five days. I don't know Glasgow so can't personally recommend anywhere but there's been deals on ITISON for different treatments and most have been with very reputable salons in Edinburgh so I imagine you can find similar for Glasgow.

I have to agree with nearlymrsT, I was told I had to have my facial done at least one week before the wedding, I think the Thursday might be too close x

Thanks, I didnt even think of that - you are both right!

Maybe im trying to cram too much in just for the sake of it, I might stick to wax/tan/nails the Thurs/Fri before and maybe go for a massage/facial the weekend prior.

Decisions, decisions!!

I think I'm going to go on the sat before my wedding for a facial, massage (the nice relaxing things) then on the thursday before my wedding I'm getting waxed, eyebrows and nails done. I go to Tracey Hall in Glasgow www.tracey-hall.co.uk she's really good and can put packages together or she has already put together bridal packages. She's just on her own in her own premises but I really like going to her

I went to see the beauty therapist at Fake Bake today and she assured me it's fine to have my treatments done 2 days before the wedding and it will give my skin a nice glow for the day if I do them then. Im also getting spray tan and gel nails done the day before so I'll be very pampered!
    Will let you all know if I come out in a rash though - imagine!!

Platinum Member

I think Fake Bake have some deal on 5pm (or one of those sites today) that may be worth a look??

Even if it costs full whack it will be well worth it, apart from the beauty aspect it will be time for you to chill out at a very hectic time which can't be a bad thing.

xx

Created by Wedding Favors

there is a salon called american nail bar in falkirk they have little chinese people doing your nails they are amazing and the only cost 20 a set very good price and the quality is great aswell xx

Also airth castle spa often has deals on for 99 pound for 2 people for a whole spa day and u can pick ur treatments and add extra on aswell i would also watch what u are having done on your face maybe just the faical a week before the wedding i find that they make my face break out in spots i did have the nuskin ones done tho and i would recomed that the night before the wedding it lifts and wrinkles and makes your skin so soft and glowing for your make up to go on the next day xx