Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any Inverness Brides?

Default Any Inverness Brides?

Hiya Girls, Just wanted to check if there are any Inverness area Brides? Would be nice to know where You are all getting married and when?
    I am getting married at the Daviot Church and then reception will be held at the craigmonie in Inverness in under 5 weeks time!

I'm not from Inverness, but am getting married in Nairn - in the Newton Hotel. A few months still to go, but getting really quite excited now!
    ***I'M A WIFE NOW ***

Thumbs up I'm near (ish) Inverness!

I'm getting married in the West. Wedding will be in Dornie and the reception in Kyleakin on Skye next year! We had looked at hotels in Inverness due to the number of guest we were having. I think we would have chosen the Lochardil. I have a friend thats having her reception in the Craigmonie in October. Do you know if there are any wedding shows coming up in the area?

Its good to see some Highland weddings on the forum too!

I'm getting married at the Bunchrew on 10th July this year Have you girls had make up trials yet? Who did you have? xx

Junior Member enchantedtoadstool's Avatar
    the North East of Scotland, approximately halfway between Aberdeen and Inverness

Hi girls i'm also getting married at Bunchrew House on 30th of June, starting to get nervous eek!
    Flutter hi again, I'm emeraldelixer on the YAYW forum xx

Oh Skye is such a beautiful place! I am getting my Make-up done by Anna Sutherland she is a mac-make-up artist in Inverness. I had my trial done and was really chuffed!

Hi Emerald Remind me again who is doing your makeup? What colour scheme are you having? How lovely are Anne and Deborah?? xxxxxxx

the North East of Scotland, approximately halfway between Aberdeen and Inverness

Sleeping Beauty Salon are doing my makeup, have you thought about who your going to have to do yours? They travel out to Bunchrew which is a bit of a bonus!
    Anne and Deborah are fab! Especially Anne she is just lovely! Everytime I see her I get a big hug xx

Talking

Oooooooooooh. I was hoping you'd say that!!! Have you had your trial? Was that the makeup you had on in your hair pic?? If it was it was fab I had a trial but not quite right for me, not really the lady's fault at all! I called another lady but they haven't got back to me but my hairdresser (Head Gardener) suggested Sleeping Beauty. What are their prices like? Going to call them first thing tomm. What are the timings of your hair / makeup on day? I'm a bit baffled by the whole thing!

I am on facebook lindsay jane craig - would love to see some bunchrew wedding pics from a face I (kind of) know

xxxxxxx

Not booked anyone for make-up yet, but am between Anna Fraser from Calm Beauty in Nairn and the make-up artist in Boath House (as am staying there the night before the wedding) - anyone heard any good / bad reports about either?!

Thanks!
    ***I'M A WIFE NOW ***

Flutter are you getting your hair done for your wedding by the Head Gardener? I've just started going there and am hoping they can do my hair for the wedding. I've not even started thinking about make up but its great to get some suggestions! Does anyone know how far they travel and rough costs?

aww thanks flutter i had just put my own makeup on that day but i'm glad you thought it was fab, maybe i should become a makeup artist! i think Sleeping Beauty was 90 for my trial and my makeup on the day but that also included a one of fee for travelling to Bunchrew, it would be a wee bit cheaper if you got it done at the salon. I'm finding the timings all very confusing too! We are booked in at the Head Gardener (me, my mum and 2 bridesmaids) for 9:30 and then the ladies from Sleeping Beauty are coming out to Bunchrew at 12 to do our makeup plus my aunties makeup as well. It's all starting to feel more real now!
    What time is your wedding at Bunchrew?
    I will go and search for you on facebook now, I'm Lyndsay too just incase you wonder who is this nutter trying to add me as a friend! xx

Ha ha, how random. I didn't realise you were head gardener too! I have just booked Sleeping Beauty so we are twins on venue, name, hairdresser and makeup ha ha ha Your make up looked pro in your hair pics! Have you had your trial yet? Would love to see what they did What time do you get married? We are at 2pm xx

Quote Originally Posted by IrishKaz View Post
    Not booked anyone for make-up yet, but am between Anna Fraser from Calm Beauty in Nairn and the make-up artist in Boath House (as am staying there the night before the wedding) - anyone heard any good / bad reports about either?!

Thanks!
    I have friends that stay near Nairn, I can ask them if they have heard any reports about these places. Who are you getting to do your hair?

Aw, thanks Karen - that would be great!

I've actually phoned Boath House this morning and booked the therapist there for my make-up, but if any of your Nairn friends say she's no good, please let me know .

I've booked April from Hair @ No. 3 (again in Nairn) - she did my hair for SIL2B's wedding last year and I was really, really pleased, so am happy with her.
    ***I'M A WIFE NOW ***

Hi all... i'm an inv bride 2 b too.. bona church at lochend, then the Kingsmills Hotel....

have picked up some make/hair tips from you all, so thanks!!

xxx

Hi chickenpie, you are more than welcome when is your wedding?
    flutter i know haha! how random! we must have really good tastes! xx

Quote Originally Posted by enchantedtoadstool View Post
    Hi chickenpie, you are more than welcome when is your wedding?
    flutter i know haha! how random! we must have really good tastes! xx
    21st August... a wee while yet but still loooots to do!!!

The day after me Chickenpie
    ***I'M A WIFE NOW ***

Quote Originally Posted by IrishKaz View Post
    The day after me Chickenpie

ace! an almost wedding twin... the newton hotel is beautiful. and lucky you staying at boath house.. it looks amazing too.. xx

I'm using the hair directory for hair, not sure about makeup but I'll look into the names suggested above. I went to Wedding Daze in Nairn for my dress, Amanda there is fantasic!!

Can anyone recommond a decent localish ceilidh band?

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    I'm using the hair directory for hair, not sure about makeup but I'll look into the names suggested above. I went to Wedding Daze in Nairn for my dress, Amanda there is fantasic!!

Can anyone recommond a decent localish ceilidh band?
    Yip - The Scone Faeries - although I have not hear them play in person, there are friends of my best friend and apparently quite fantastic at filling the floor! There are some clips on youtube Bob is lovely xx

Quote Originally Posted by chickenpie View Post
    ace! an almost wedding twin... the newton hotel is beautiful. and lucky you staying at boath house.. it looks amazing too.. xx
    I've never been to Boath House, it was H2B who suggested I treat myself, my BM and my mum & dad the night before and stay there - the photos on their website look absolutely fab, so I can't wait to stay.

Qwerty - I second that for Wedding Daze - fab people!
    ***I'M A WIFE NOW ***

I think that it is a nice idea staying in hotel the night before. I will just be staying at home I think but we are planning to rent out the holiday house behind where I live and use that for my BM's and close friends that are traveling from Aus and Canada. It wil be nice to have everyone close! What is everyone doing to transport? I have deligated this to my h2b but it would be nice to get some ideas!

We're just using nice family cars for transport - a BMW X5 and a lovely Merc. Not really into cars, so would rather save on these and spend my money elsewhere...
    ***I'M A WIFE NOW ***