Thread: Photographer/Videographer

Super Senior Member

Lightbulb Photographer/Videographer

Hi all,

Do most photographers have a videographer person aswell? Just thinking it would be easier to deal with one supplier, as opposed to two, as we're looking for both.

Also, does anyone have an approx price of how much this may cost for both? From the prep before the ceremony, through to 4/5 dance maybe?

Thanks!

Super Senior Platinum Member SpecialSundae's Avatar

Most photographers don't have a videographer as well. There are some companies who do both and most photographers would be able to recommend videographers they've worked with, but they are quite different disciplines.

Honestly, unless you strike upon a company who does both in the style you like, I'd recommend looking at separate photographers and videographers. We paid around 2200 for both and don't regret a penny of it. Our photographer was 1400 (including a pre-wedding shoot, post-wedding shoot, an album and all digital images) and our videographers (we had three) were 799.

Craig (McBeth Photography) was there from first thing in the morning until about 10pm and Scott and his team (Mallard Productions) arrived around midday and left around the same time as Craig (although I'd asked the videographers not to cover the prep, they did get a lot of establishing shots etc during the time I was getting ready).
    Fairy Gokmother

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialSundae View Post
    There are some companies who do both and most photographers would be able to recommend videographers they've worked with, but they are quite different disciplines..
    couldn't agree more
    I'm often asked to recommend photographers as there are so many to choose from.
    I'm sure the it's the same in reverse.
    Last edited by TRMedia Films; 15-02-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Super Senior Member

Are their any recommendations of videographers people have used in and around the Glasgow area?

Super Senior Platinum Member SpecialSundae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MissN View Post
    Are their any recommendations of videographers people have used in and around the Glasgow area?
    Mallard Productions, who did my wedding.
    Fairy Gokmother

We got White Balloon Films to do ours. Alina's got a creative/fashion background so her work is really glamorous. Their website is www.whiteballoonfilms.co.uk. Good luck!!

I would recommend Jon at Creative Wedding Films, I am sure he is Glasgow based, that is who I have booked for my wedding and his online samples look great!

Steven at Gryffe Weddings. You should have a look at his website, there are loads of examples of his work on there.

I'm using Derek Sweeney at Ultimate Moments.... He is a fantastic guy.... Very reasonably priced compared to all others I had quotes from. I'm not too fussed on the production, as long as its good HD quality, and all captured on the day.

If you want value for money, then contact Derek.

I was just discussing the other day with another videographer how different the two products are. Check out a few websites and get an idea of what you want as it can be a bit of a mine field. There are some super cheap people now but they dont always provide a great end product!

Good luck!
    www.swiftproductions.co.uk
    T 01387 248176
    M 07980 477434
    E swiftproductions@live.co.uk

Advertisers

Please note; If you are looking for a videographer in the directory, they are listed under 'Wedding Films'. It would be easy to assume that this is a recommended list of wedding movies that you could watch such as 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' or 'Muriel's Wedding' etc. The directory has chosen to replace the previous classification of 'Videographers' to this other obscure classification for some reason.

Super Senior Member

Thanks for the advice & suggestions!

I'd definitely recommend Gryffe weddings and I know there are lots of brides on here who would say the same. Yvonne was great on the day and Some guests didn't even notice her!

Hi There,

I am really interested in seeing further work. Did you book an appointment to discuss and see samples in person?

Thanks
    Debbie

Hi Debbie,

You can see all our recent work on the portfolio page on our website here:

http://www.gryffeweddings.co.uk/portfolio/

I'm always happy to meet up with couples before confirming any bookings, if you want to have a chat. Or you can always pop round to our office to see more examples of our work.

Thanks,
    Steven

Gryffe Weddings
    Wedding Videographer

Some moments are meant to last forever.

www.gryffeweddings.co.uk