Thread: Make up

Default Make up

Hi all,
    currently looking at trying to book a make up artist for big day next march ( don't need hair done as going to local salon). I've been looking at the following people:
    Alexis Miller
    Laura Gray
    Jennifer Peffer
    Leigh Blaney
    Eye Candy
    i don't really know how to narrow out down and they all are pretty much in the same price bracket!
    can anyone recommend any of the above?

hello! Where are you based? I've booked Rosie Fraser as my sister works with her a lot and recommended her. she's lovely too. I've also heard Karen Bowen is good too. x

Hi There,

I offer consultation and trial with deposit only before booking with my make up packages, do your above chosen make up artists offer this? If some do you could trial and see who works best with you?

Also do any work with products you may like better than others?

All the best

BS Make Up Artistry

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

Hi. Haven't used any but while looking at makeup artists I did look at one of yours and she wanted 100 for bride alone. There was no way I was paying that. I have a trial soon with Jacqui Harrow who is doing my trial for 25 and makeup on the day for 35 x

Mrs sneddon can you pm me with who was wanting 100 because i wasn't aware of this??

Hi Mrsbe2be, unsure if you have booked anyone yet but I would highly recommend Karen Bowen for make up, her prices are very reasonable and her work is fab!

Have Pm'd you x
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Quote Originally Posted by Nik1973 View Post
    Karen Bowen is 100 for trial and on the day..... Don't think you are wanting to pay that much!!! Good luck with it all
    100 for trial plus the wedding day is pretty good I think! 50 each is good, espesh for the quality you are getting. I am sure I am around the 300 mark for me plus 3bms and travel !

plus this includes eyelashes..

I had my trial with Laura Gray a few weeks ago & she is lovely - I was really pleased with the result! Plus she won the vows awards last year so she has obviously pleased a lot of brides haha!!! X

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSneddonToBe View Post
    Hi. Haven't used any but while looking at makeup artists I did look at one of yours and she wanted 100 for bride alone. There was no way I was paying that. I have a trial soon with Jacqui Harrow who is doing my trial for 25 and makeup on the day for 35 x
    I I have booked with Jacqui as well. Still to book my trial. When is your trial? Could you please let me know how you get on. I should really get a trial booked as its only 6 months to my wedding. Xx

Quote Originally Posted by debbie doo View Post
    I I have booked with Jacqui as well. Still to book my trial. When is your trial? Could you please let me know how you get on. I should really get a trial booked as its only 6 months to my wedding. Xx
    I have my trial on 6th April. It's my friends wedding so thought I'd see how the make up lasts etc I'll let you know how it goes afterwards x

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSneddonToBe View Post
    I have my trial on 6th April. It's my friends wedding so thought I'd see how the make up lasts etc I'll let you know how it goes afterwards x
    Thank you. I might do that as I have a few weddings coming up. Great idea! No point getting a trial when your not going anywhere. Xx