Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Have you decided on your favous?

Default Have you decided on your favous?

Hey,

Getting married in July and now it's decision time for a heck of a lot of things, favours being one of them!!

What are you having for yours if you are having them at all?

Thanks

XxX

At the mo we are only having favours for the day guests (money saving!) and we are having whisky minatures for the guys and floating candles for the ladies in organza bags. Ebay is definetly worth a look for favour ideas!

Jx

Super Senior Member

Im doing a sweetie buffet and letting people help themselves to favours!

I love sweets, and needed something to decorate the hall with so a sweetie buffet seemed perfect!

x

Aw the sweetie buffet idea sound fab....I love it!!! I love sweets 2.....a bit too much.Sounds like a daft question but r you still havin a proper buffet??? Feel free 2 lauf if thats a daft question......I'm new 2 all this weddinh chat,hehe xx

Super Senior Member

lol, its not a daft question, this wedding malarkey is bloomin confusing!

Yes we will still be having an evening buffet, the sweetie buffet is just favours really

x x

Nice idea castle-bride! Everyone loves sweeties! Its a really lovely touch!

Jx

Aw sounds fab....I might even do a little mini one for the kiddies . R u ust doin it urself or does ur venue do it for u??xxx

I have really been thinking about just getting something edible to be honest. I have thought to myself, how many weddings have I been to and how many of the favours did I remember to take home, quite honestly and badly, none!! Oops!!

i figure if we get something edible, at least everyone will have a nice little treat that they will eat when they get in! Or I can eat them if they dont!! hehe!!

Also think the minatures drinks are a great idea, as wedding venues are notoriously pricey for drinks so its another bonus for the guests!

I love the edible favour idea!

The best wedding I was at was when the favours were tablet - my favourite We have opted for little honey pots that say "Meant to Bee" on them - so cute! We're giving the guys scratchcards and getting them to scratch after the meal - hopefully we'll have a big winner

xx

Thanks for all the posts ladies! I'm having a 'candy bar' too. I've seen jars in Ikea and Asda. Where have you got yours from? Have you managed to get scoops? Am hoping to get printed paper bags with our names and date on too,

Well a girl can dream!

XxX

Super Senior Member

Ive bought 3 big bowls from Ikea so far, think they are called Trigg or something. Bought metal scoops from a girl on the confetti forum.

I bought striped sweetie bags from ebay, seller caller Carrierbagsolutions. Got 100 bags for 99p! Im going to buy more vases and jars, fill them with marshmallows and haribo, and all sort of lovely sweets lol! Got some ribbon to tie round each jar to tie it in with my theme, and have some table diamonds to scatter on the table too.

Im hoping to do a wee sign that says something about helping themselves to the sweets, like Love is Sweet...... Help yourself to a treat! But that sounds a bit sickly! lol

And I bought wooden letters from ebay, from Barry19850 that spell out SWEETS. H2b is going to paint them in our colours and put them on the table too, just for a bit of decoration

x

You sound like you have it all planned Castle-Bride, it is going to look amazing. Since reading all of this I have changed my mind on favours for the evening guests. We were maybe going to do something small, if at all, but I love all the ideas of old-school sweeties and tablet!

My mind is going daft with idea's. My h2b is going to be bored with me gibbering on tonight - ha!! :-0

Jx

Super Senior Member

lol, the sweetie buffet and my butterfly theme is the only thing Ive kept since the start of my planning, and with 4 and a half months to go Im not changing anything!

Im sure your h2b will love hearing all your ideas, and if he doesnt, well, who cares!

I know alot of you girls are having tablet as favours

How are you presenting them?

What are you using to put them in?

nicx

Super Senior Member

I really like this idea

Looks like some nice ribbon and some cellophane? (sorry, cant spell that lol!)

x

Wow they look great. I was just going to pop a few squares into an organza bag but that looks lovely. You 'll be able to buy cellephane from places like Flowerscene in Kinning Park - probably get ribbon there as well. Also, don't know if you would be interested but you can buy cute wee personalised stickers from ebay that have either your initials or initials and wedding date on them. You could use them to hold it all together at the back??

Hope you have some handy bridesmaids to help!

Jx

There is a fantastic company online for personalised ribbon - Creative Ribbon. We got ribbon the colour of our bridesmaids dresses with our names and the date of our day on it. 14.99 for a 10mtr roll and they delivered next day - they were brilliant!

Super Senior Platinum Member Mrs McDermott's Avatar

Hey Jackiestar how do i find the personalised stickers on ebay? Mrs McD2b-x-

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McD2b View Post
    Hey Jackiestar how do i find the personalised stickers on ebay? Mrs McD2b-x-
    Hi Mrs Mcd2b

If you search Ebay Shops in the advanced search option for 'Archies Gifts'. They sell what they call envelope seals but they are small stickers which are personalised. They have a nice thistle one which might tie in with your theme.

Also the shop called Favour Factory is worth a nosey as they sell some lovely things.

Happy shopping - let me know how you get on!

Jx
    Last edited by JackieStar; 14-04-2010 at 09:20 AM. Reason: too early to spell correctly!

OOOh likin that idea Jackiestar...thanks much. I will def check it out.

Mrs McD2b-x-

What can I tell you, wedding planning and researching has taken over my life. Is that sad???

I do hope not cause I love it, hee! Good luck!

Jx

im having charity pin badges and tablet for the ladies and a wee whisky miniature for the blokes

I think i'm going to have a little favour box. I'm getting the woman who did my invitations Lovat Press, to do them as she can do a band that matches my invitations that is wrapped around the box so it will all match in. I think it will look really cute on the tables.

Still not sure what to put in the box, was thinking tablet too. Ooh decisions!

xx

Hi Samantha i can tell you that this idea does look fantastic! I went to a wedding where the favours were the small square boxes which were filled with fudge mmmmmmmmm you know the ones that you used to get at the van for about 5p!!! She also had put in a couple of petals and some table trivia cards to help get strangers talking to each other -this went down a treat btw- and also a wine glass charm. Was quite a lot in the box but it was a lovely favour to keep-apart from the fudge obviously... Mrs McD2b-x-

Hi Samantha,

We are doing candles for the ladies, you can get some lovely small decorated onces and novelty ones that could maybe fit in the boxes.

Fudge, tablet, wee choc balls or coated almonds are always good - everyone loves a wee munch!!

Jx