Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My D.I.Y. projects

Fantastic thanks for that! They really are fab!! Will give their website a wee look xx

nearlymrsT

I've just printed some more copies of our Order of Ceremony but ran out of card, I'm sure h2b has been using it for other things The front is pretty simple, just with our names, the date and then an extract from our vows. On the back we have an Einstein quote at h2b's request. Here is the centre though, using the same range of fonts and colours from the invitations.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC12086.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	8230

nearlymrsT

and here's two tissue pom poms that I made the other night. I've tried making them before as a trial but these are the real deal not sure how many to make yet, I need to visit the venue to try and work it out. They are going to hang along the pathway in the garden if the weather is good. If not then I hope to have some in the bar area, not sure if we can hang them up inside but I'll work it out somehow. Even if one appears in the loo!

Name:	SDC12094.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	8231

Quote Originally Posted by nearlymrsT View Post
    and here's two tissue pom poms that I made the other night. I've tried making them before as a trial but these are the real deal not sure how many to make yet, I need to visit the venue to try and work it out. They are going to hang along the pathway in the garden if the weather is good. If not then I hope to have some in the bar area, not sure if we can hang them up inside but I'll work it out somehow. Even if one appears in the loo!

Name:	SDC12094.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	8231
    These are fantastic!! Did you follow a tutorial? x

nearlymrsT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTaylor2be View Post
    These are fantastic!! Did you follow a tutorial? x
    I loosely followed this one http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2012/0...aper-pom-poms/ Ignoring the multi coloured steps obviously. It's the best one I found for tissue paper size and quantity advise. These are the medium size that she talks about using 12 sheets of paper. It's quite therapeutic making them actually. x

I loosely followed this one http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2012/0...aper-pom-poms/ Ignoring the multi coloured steps obviously. It's the best one I found for tissue paper size and quantity advise. These are the medium size that she talks about using 12 sheets of paper. It's quite therapeutic making them actually. x
    Thanks for sharing! And well done on all your DIY- it's brill x

Your DIY looks really good, I think your pom poms look amazing what a good idea! X

I love those pom poms! x

nearlymrsT

Thanks made two more today with the help of my bridesmaid, she came over to help cut and fold the order of ceremonies and she's very pleased to have left with a new skill of making pom poms! I'm about to make some smaller ones, think it will be nicer to have varying sizes.

I've just printed some more copies of our Order of Ceremony but ran out of card, I'm sure h2b has been using it for other things The front is pretty simple, just with our names, the date and then an extract from our vows. On the back we have an Einstein quote at h2b's request. Here is the centre though, using the same range of fonts and colours from the invitations.

Name:	SDC12086.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	8230
    Your DIY-ing is fab! Your invites are lovely. Your orders of service did you just print them on your home printer? They are beautiful :-) x

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

Wow your DIY stuff is amazing! We are looking to make over a box but instead of being used for cards we are making it an "advice box"! lol Might go check out TK Maxx to see if I can find a bargain x
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

nearlymrsT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMcQuade2B View Post
    Your orders of service did you just print them on your home printer? They are beautiful :-) x
    Thanks Yes they were printed on my home printer. Quite impressed with the quality actually considering it's a plain old inkjet printer. I used 200gsm card, it's the thickest my printer will accept according to the manual. I've got a few more to print now that I have more card, just hope I don't need more ink!

nearlymrsT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSneddonToBe View Post
    Wow your DIY stuff is amazing! We are looking to make over a box but instead of being used for cards we are making it an "advice box"! lol Might go check out TK Maxx to see if I can find a bargain x
    I like the sound of an advice box! I got mine from the Edinburgh store, it's such a random shop I usually avoid it as it's so messy it stresses me out, but this was a good find.

Thanks Yes they were printed on my home printer. Quite impressed with the quality actually considering it's a plain old inkjet printer. I used 200gsm card, it's the thickest my printer will accept according to the manual. I've got a few more to print now that I have more card, just hope I don't need more ink!
    That's fantastic quality! I have an old inkjet too I might give it a bash, you've inspired me will post a pic if they are any good. Just need to find some reading to use in the service now x x

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

you have done sooo well! You really should be proud of yourself for doing all this! I'm looking at a lot of DIY in the near future and you have more than inspired me...although I was inspired the last time I looked at your post (although you hadn't done as much) and only ended up with making my bridesmaid request cards but it was a start! Now I'm looking at other bits and bobs to make our day really personal! thank you!! xx
    Friday 1st May 2015

nearlymrsT

Quote Originally Posted by Harajuku80 View Post
    you have done sooo well! You really should be proud of yourself for doing all this! I'm looking at a lot of DIY in the near future and you have more than inspired me...although I was inspired the last time I looked at your post (although you hadn't done as much) and only ended up with making my bridesmaid request cards but it was a start! Now I'm looking at other bits and bobs to make our day really personal! thank you!! xx
    Aw thanks I just have the menus to print now but I still need confirmation from the chef as to the changes we asked to one of the dishes. I've also got the designs set up for the individual menus. Only need three of these for guests with different allergies. I've finished all the pom poms but might make a few more small ones just in case. Everything else is done... I'm going to be twiddling my thumbs now!

nearlymrsT

The table plan.

Writing it out on a mirror isn't the best idea two left-handed people have ever had!
    This took me over two hours to do, sounds ridiculous but you have no idea how much smudging occurred! Still needs a bit of tidying up but overall we are really happy with it.

Name:	SDC12109.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	8341

All that is left to print are the menus and I have got copies of the readings for our chosen people to read from. Our usher who is reading 'He Never Leaves The Seat Up' thought he had to remember it off by heart like he did with Burn's poems at school I'm not that mean!

The place settings are ongoing. Probably won't have a pic of them until after the wedding.

So that is my wedding D.I.Y. complete really. Hope some of my work has inspired you to be creative I didn't think I had done that much, but this thread and the spare room full of boxes of stuff proves otherwise. Now to get all this to the venue...

Super Senior Platinum Member FutureMrsAdie's Avatar

The table plan.

Writing it out on a mirror isn't the best idea two left-handed people have ever had!
    This took me over two hours to do, sounds ridiculous but you have no idea how much smudging occurred! Still needs a bit of tidying up but overall we are really happy with it.

Name:	SDC12109.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	8341

All that is left to print are the menus and I have got copies of the readings for our chosen people to read from. Our usher who is reading 'He Never Leaves The Seat Up' thought he had to remember it off by heart like he did with Burn's poems at school I'm not that mean!

The place settings are ongoing. Probably won't have a pic of them until after the wedding.

So that is my wedding D.I.Y. complete really. Hope some of my work has inspired you to be creative I didn't think I had done that much, but this thread and the spare room full of boxes of stuff proves otherwise. Now to get all this to the venue...
    Looks amazing. What a great idea! Brilliant table names, what's the theme?

nearlymrsT

Quote Originally Posted by FutureMrsAdie View Post
    Looks amazing. What a great idea! Brilliant table names, what's the theme?
    H2b and I met whilst working at Homebase so they are Dulux paint names

Your table plan looks fab! Well worth the 2 hours of hard graft! X

How have I missed your progress on this thread! Looks fab, still love the table names, so clever! X

Love the table names I used to work in home base too love it!!!! Love your table plan too :-) xx

nearlymrsT

Quote Originally Posted by coly87 View Post
    Love the table names I used to work in home base too love it!!!! Love your table plan too :-) xx
    Oh really? My mum used to work for them and my brother does too so it's kind of a family business! It felt appropriate to include it somehow, especially as many of our guests are current or former Homebase staff.

Hi,
    I absolutely love all your DIY you have done for your wedding! It looks amazing! I was in two minds about doing anything DIY as I'm not the most creative person but I definitely want to give it a go now!
    x

nearlymrsT

Quote Originally Posted by xxMrsMtobexx View Post
    Hi,
    I absolutely love all your DIY you have done for your wedding! It looks amazing! I was in two minds about doing anything DIY as I'm not the most creative person but I definitely want to give it a go now!
    x
    Thanks very much as I've said it's all quite plain and simple, nothing particularly fancy or weddingy going on but we like it all, Just hope our guests notice!