Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My D.I.Y. projects

nearlymrsT

Default My D.I.Y. projects

I took photos of the stuff I've done so far to email to my mum so I thought I would pop it all on here too

It's all quite minimalist, not necessarily very 'weddingy' but it's very us!

These are signs I've done for the bar area. I thought I should have something in the room as that's where people will congregate after the ceremony and during the evening reception. Our personalised m&ms will be in a bowl here too. Might be having white tissue pom poms dotted about too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC11909.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	7970

nearlymrsT

These are our british heart foundation favours, made the cards the same size as the ones they originally come with so that I can re-use the plastic packaging. These are very personal as my dad died of a heart attack 16 months ago and my brother and I have since been diagnosed with heart conditions so these were an important purchase

Name:	SDC12004.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	7971

nearlymrsT

This is our card box. Quite proud of this as I am not one for getting my hands dirty. The chest was a shabby chic wood effect with floral paper stuck to the top. It was horrendous! 6 from TKmaxx though. I sanded it all down and gave it about half a dozen coats of white paint. It really needed it. It looks really nice and I'll be able to use it after the wedding too

Name:	SDC12010.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	7972

nearlymrsT

These are our table names. Dulux paint colours because we met at Homebase.
    On the back there are different quotes about love. We have to decide who gets the Teal Tension table. May be the grandparents

Name:	SDC12016.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	7973

nearlymrsT

Name:	SDC12019.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	7974

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

WOW!! You've done loads and they are fab!! Love it! I'm hoping to do a fair bit of DIY but don't know where to start!! you've certainly inspired me to at least try! well done! x
    Friday 1st May 2015

Loving the wee cards you put your pins on - we have the same pins for our wedding -they are so lovely!

Everything is lookk amazing! xx

Super Senior Platinum Member MissMartin's Avatar

Brilliant!

I would want to be put in Teal Tension....It's my favourite colour (I have a pot of it somewhere!)

Super Senior Member Owl proposal's Avatar

Well done these are fab! I love how personal it all is!

The card box is lovely & you could use it for all your keepsakes after the wedding

These are all fantastic- you've done a great job! The card box looks brilliant and I absolutely LOVE the signs for the bar area

nearlymrsT

Thanks everyone if I inspire people to do their own DIY stuff then that makes me happy!

I will post a pic of our invitations in a bit. I had bought plain white envelopes and stuck big round gold stickers on the inside to give a polka dot effect so guests got a bit of a surprise when they opened it. It worked really well but I forgot to take a photo of them. Doh! Here's a link to the stickers I used though http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1808471828...84.m1497.l2649 They come in lots of colours and although it took h2b and I a couple of nights work to get them all done it was worth it in the end. Think it was about 500-600 stickers in total!

nearlymrsT

Here's the invitations. Guests loved the way we worded them as we wanted them to be light hearted and give a clue to how the wedding day will be. Our note about dress code went as follows: 'Suits, kilts, pretty dresses and big hats are very welcome. Possibly with the addition of wellies and a brolly for the Scottish weather.'

Name:	SDC12025.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	7975

nearlymrsT

invites laid out

Name:	SDC12027.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	7980
    Last edited by nearlymrsT; 23-01-2013 at 10:13 AM.

Your DIY is fabulous!!! Keep posting as your ideas are brilliant!! Xx

Super Senior Platinum Member

Love your DIY projects x

Amazing DIY, love your invitations with the paint pots. X

All your DIY stuff is fab, I love it! Well done!

Super Senior Member Mrs_G to be's Avatar

love the wording on your invitations - your DIY items are all lovely - well done

Getting married on 23/06/12

wow everything looking great, I love your table names so personal to you, though where is sexy pink lol??

xx

nearlymrsT

Quote Originally Posted by mrsandynicky2b View Post
    wow everything looking great, I love your table names so personal to you, though where is sexy pink lol??

xx
    Thanks

H2b didn't want Sexy Pink as he was worried who we would put on that table!

KiaraP

Quote Originally Posted by nearlymrsT View Post
    This is our card box. Quite proud of this as I am not one for getting my hands dirty. The chest was a shabby chic wood effect with floral paper stuck to the top. It was horrendous! 6 from TKmaxx though. I sanded it all down and gave it about half a dozen coats of white paint. It really needed it. It looks really nice and I'll be able to use it after the wedding too

Name:	SDC12010.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	7972
    I love the card box! So simple but it looks lovely - I was going to have a bird cage but I think you've gone and changed my mind xx

how did u make the bar area signs there are beautiful xx

nearlymrsT

Quote Originally Posted by kazzlovesjohn View Post
    how did u make the bar area signs there are beautiful xx
    I did them in Adobe Indesign and got them printed with photobox.com. A4 satin prints I think they were. Really cheap to get printed. The frames were a bit pricey from John Lewis but we bought them so that we could use them for wedding photos after

Loving your diy invitations!

If you don't mind me asking how did you go about them?

Buy already sized card? What software did you use to print them and your invitation wrap around?

Thanks x

nearlymrsT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsBurnieTB View Post
    Loving your diy invitations!

If you don't mind me asking how did you go about them?

Buy already sized card? What software did you use to print them and your invitation wrap around?

Thanks x
    Thank you! I actually got them printed by Edinburgh Copyshop, they are based on St Marys Street. Great guys, would highly recommend them. They printed and cut them all to size for me, and creased the band that went around the invites. Took a lot of stress out of the process, my home printer wouldn't have coped with all that.

I designed everything in Adobe Indesign but the guys at the copyshop accept files from any software package if you make them a pdf file. The design took a few months to get right but worth it in the end.