Thread: Instant Camera for guest book

Default Instant Camera for guest book

Hi has anyone bought an instant camera ?

Quite like the idea of getting an instant photo for guest book. Just wondered if anyone else has done this or thinking of this and where best to get one?

thanks x

Super Senior Member

We has a polaroid a few years ago and used it to document my sisters growing pregnancy belly! I don't know about the ones you get now, but back then the cartridges only contained ten film. So ten pictures per cartridge - not ideal! A lovely idea if you can get around that. As I say, it may be different now. That was the only drawback of the Polaroid for us xx

We was also considering this but as you only get 10 pictures per cartridge it could be a bit of a faff and someone would need to be in charge of it. The films are also pretty expensive now as they are discontinued so can only get them from ebay. When I looked it was about 18 for 10 images. We also looked into the new instand digital printing ones but they only have enough battery to print out 10 images before needing recharge. Its a shame as we would have really liked to have done that. Fujifilm also do a similar one, which might work out cheaper if you can get the film in bulk?

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/ins...as/instax_210/

Just seen this on amazon. Which seemed a good price if i is the camera plus 70 prints?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fuji-Instax-.../dp/B006T0Y5RY

Super Senior Member

That looks cool! The first reviewer got it for their wedding so that looks like good omen xx

If I hadn't already spent so much I would quite like to do that too, although I think someone would need to be given the task of looking after it otherwise you know a few drunken people will use up all the pictures! If you do I would make sure you have a large stockpile of batteries too as you wouldn't want it running out during the night! There are a few cheap photobooths about too? I looked into blushbooth x

I'm doing this! We were at a wedding last weekend and it went down a storm. I'm going to buy th Fujifilm camera myself, but I think there is someone selling a Polaroid with film on the Buy & Sell section. The only warning I have read is, if you plan to have your guests write on the bottom of the actual photo itself, make sure you have the right pens! Some smudge, so go for a trial run

I liked the ideas here too: http://pinterest.com/futuremrsbeard/photo-booth-ideas/

Xx

That is true about the 10 pictures per cartridge and someone would need to be in charge of it.
    I really like the idea of it but it is an expence, and would probably not use it after.
    Hmm should I just make sure i get a digital photo of everyone and stick it on the guest book when i have them printed?

Well i need to decided asap

Thanks

Another option could be that you get funny pictures beforehand ie nick them off facebook etc and people have to find their face and write a message? Dont know if that would work though, but just thought of it

Quote Originally Posted by jodie609 View Post
    Another option could be that you get funny pictures beforehand ie nick them off facebook etc and people have to find their face and write a message? Dont know if that would work though, but just thought of it
    Sounds like a fun idea, like that!! Xx

Quote Originally Posted by jodie609 View Post
    That is a really good idea, only i don't have any of the older folk.

I'm sure you could dig up so photos of older people in the 80s or something if you ask around. Would be quite alot of work to do (which we dont have time too now) but could be very funny! x

I know, if only i thought of that a few months back, with a week to go it's to late for me too