Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 6 months to go....Time to step up the beauty regime.

Super Senior Platinum Member MissMartin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nearlymrsT View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but what's a munchy box?!
    A pizza box that comes with chips,pakora,nan bread and various other not very good for you stuff in it

Where is the best place to get Liz Earle stuff, I am terrible I have a non existing beauty regime any help on what I need to get product wise would be fab! X

I bought it from their website

This is my New Years resolution, as well as my health kick! Have gone from not taking my make up off at night and the occasional face wash in the shower each morning to wash wash each morning, moisturising every morning, cleanse and tone each evening so removing my make up, night cream every night, weekly face masks and facial exfoliate every 2-3 days. Have definitely noticed a different in the clarity or my skin. Also upping my water intake, so hard working as a nurse, barely have time to pee sometimes! Xx

Hey,
    Just bit the bullet and ordered the January essentials from Liz Earle cant wait to try it!!! x
    Jen

Super Senior Member AnotherMrsBrown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jenzil_25 View Post
    Where is the best place to get Liz Earle stuff, I am terrible I have a non existing beauty regime any help on what I need to get product wise would be fab! X
    John Lewis sells it
    FORUMTICKER.NET Ticker

Hey!
    I suffer from acne and the doc has suggested I start a treatment which im not sure if im keen on but im determined to get my skin under control before the wedding. Since xmas ive started using Proactiv, I had heard of it before but you could only get it online but boots have started selling it. Its a bit pricey - a cleanser/toner/finishing cream for 40 but if it works then im happy, tried everything. So far so good, skin has cleared up a bit although I have only been using it once a day instead of the recommended twice. Fingers crossed

It wouldn't be a skin regime for everyone but if anyone is suffering from bad skin it might be worth a try!

I must admit I have not read all of the replies so apologies if someone has already recommended. I am a home economics teacher and I get bad dermatitis on my hands from washing so often and flour etc. The only hand cream that allows me to stop using my steroid creams during holidays etc is apicare repair me intensive treatment cream. I generally buy it online and it is quite expensive, but if you suffer from dry hands I can guarantee you it will make a difference. I searched for years and tried and binned many different creams before finding this.x

Oh my goodness!! I had not even thought about any of this, except teeth whitening! I am very overwhelmed! Thankfully got a while to think about it! Thanks for the person who started this! Oblivious to beauty regimes!
    Laura and Paul, Glenskirlie Castle, 19/04/14

nearlymrsT

Quote Originally Posted by MissMartin View Post
    A pizza box that comes with chips,pakora,nan bread and various other not very good for you stuff in it
    Wow! So a takeaway for the indecisive then? You get everything

I'm thinking about being brave and having my eyebrows threaded. I've never had anyone go near them and I like having them thick so I've always been worried that they would take them all off! I assume they only do what you want them to, will pop into Jenners on Monday and speak to them I think.

I've got Liz earle stuff today so going to start this tonight. Also just been for a massage which was great and got a free back scrub done!!
    FORUMTICKER.NET Ticker

Quote Originally Posted by nearlymrsT View Post
    Wow! So a takeaway for the indecisive then? You get everything

I'm thinking about being brave and having my eyebrows threaded. I've never had anyone go near them and I like having them thick so I've always been worried that they would take them all off! I assume they only do what you want them to, will pop into Jenners on Monday and speak to them I think.
    Threading is good, but for some reason I always sneeze getting it done!

I love how this thread started on beauty regimes and descended into chat about takeaways! Lol x

I've just ordered Liz Earle January essentials stuff too after reading all your comments! Can't wait to start using it. I really should start drinking more water, but it's so cold I just want to drink tea all the time! x x

Ive just started to use the Liz Earle stuff and the moisturiser is so much better already noticed after two days. My t zone now not shiny like it usually is !
    Last edited by AnotherMrsBrown; 23-01-2013 at 06:00 PM.
    FORUMTICKER.NET Ticker

nearlymrsT

Quote Originally Posted by MissMartin View Post
    Threading is good, but for some reason I always sneeze getting it done!
    Haha. I sneeze sometimes when I pluck them.

I went to see the girl at the brow bar in Jenners yesterday and she looked at me daft when I asked her to do my eyebrows. She said they look like they were done a few days ago and she couldn't believe me when I said I've never had them done before. She said there was nothing there for her to do unless I wanted them thinner which I definitely don't so it would seem I'm not doing a bad job with them.

I bought teeth whitening stuff from my dentist whilst it was on offer; 300 down to 150 (4 syringes). The brand is poplarnight, you can buy it yourself straight from the website and at a fraction of the cost - think I was about 40 for 8 syringes. I had a mould (is that how you spell mould?) made by my dentist, but you can buy moulds from that website. I used the 16% strength and it didnt give me any sensativity problems.

I've just had a look at the Liz Earle website and they are doing an offer just now, just incase anyone is interested I thought I'd post the link (if it works lol) and a description of what you get..

http://uk.lizearle.com/skin-essentia...banner-jan-ess

The blurb....Order your cleanse, tone and moisturise essentials for 41.00 before Wednesday 30th January, and we'll send you a complimentary Gentle Face Exfoliator 70ml, worth 13.50 – for beautifully smooth and radiant-looking skin. Plus, you’ll enjoy free UK p&p* on your entire order.

I was going to try it but I've just been for microdermabrasion, its my first so I'll maybe post back to let you know how it is in a couple of days. I did try skin peels before xmas, I had three and they say you should have six but I hated how my skin went all dry and flakey for about a week after it and didn't find much difference after that apart from more spots around my chin which I'm still dealing with plus I don't think my skin agreed with the products I was to use, my aim was for a fresher look and lessen the fine lines so hopefully microdermabrasion will help as the skin peels didn't.

I'd smoked for over twenty years so tried the teeth whitener from my dentists too, to help with the stained teeth, it has helped and was only sensative the 1st night but after that and since I've been fine, that was a few months ago so I think I'll do it again just to freshen them up before the wedding.....

About the smoking thing, I don't want to be smoking in my dress and have been trying to stop for years, I've tried the strong patches (which I overdosed on lol, wasn't a pretty sight ), chewing gum and last year tried the electric cigarette but was thinking I was addicted to that I used it for about 3 months early last year then fell off the wagon and started it again end of last year, I found it a pain in the back side to be honest, the cartridges and battery was always running out and had to take double the amount out with me just incase it ran out and was costing me a fortune as they never lasted as long as they said they would!!

So on Tuesday I went to the pharmacy for the free stop smoking kit and am currently on my third day on the lesser strength patch and inhalor for back up and I am now in no doubt I was addicted to the leccy fag as I'm having all the withdrawal symptoms again I'm determind tho as I know what its doing to my health and skin as well as not wanting to smoke in my dress....

I'm sorry for going on about it in this thread but I felt the need to blurt it all out (maybe a bit therapy for me??) coz I'm a grumpy b**ch with the other half, put it this way he'll not be in the house much this weekend and he daren't leave anything lying at his backside lol x

Well good luck with the stopping smoking Honey. I havent smoked myself but after seeing my sister and mum give up I can see how hard it can get.
    FORUMTICKER.NET Ticker