Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 6 months to go....Time to step up the beauty regime.

Super Senior Platinum Member MissMartin's Avatar

Default 6 months to go....Time to step up the beauty regime.

Hi ladies,

With W-day getting closer (At an alarming rate), I'm thinking that it's time to step up looking after hair,skin (all that malarky)

I've purchased some Liz Earle products for my face, I'm hoping to start up regular Microdermabrasion and I'm currently using an app that helps me drink the recommended amount of water a day (as I'm terrible for not drinking enough).I'm also taking Silica Complex that are supposed to be good for hair growth/Condition.I'm planning a body wrap nearer the time and maybe having my teeth whitened.

I'm thinking I should probably start exfoliating my shoulders ect at least once a week and I should probably start think about looking after my hands as they will possibly be in pictures.

What are you doing/using in the lead up to your wedding?I'd like to hear about your plans as I want to be feeling my best on the day. Also....can anyone recommend a good hand cream?

Super Senior Platinum Member

Miss Martin, you have really made me start to think about my own as I have 8 months to my own big day x

Oooh me too, I really need to step up on the skin exfoliation/body lotion front to have nice smooth skin on the big day (8 months). I am thinking of going for regular manicures until the wedding as my nails are really brittle and could do with some professional care - hands will not only be in pictures but everyone will want to see the rings as well! I love the Hand Food hand cream by Soap and Glory, not too greasy and easy to work in and it smells yummy!

Have my 6 month check up with dentist next week so will ask him about teeth whitening then, where are you thinking to go for a body wrap as that is something I was thinking of too but not sure of where to go? xxx

I don't know where to go for one yet, I remember some of the girls on here who got married last year had them done before their weddings and thought they were quite good.

I've got a few fillings to get and then I'll look into teeth whitening, I would like to get it done through my dentists, but I keep seeing adverts on Groupon and the likes and thinking 'Hmmmmmm'....

nearlymrsT

I really need to get my act together, my psoriasis prone skin is really suffering at the moment! I have got a couple of itison vouchers for dermalogica facials and massages so I'll have to get those booked in. I'm also a bit of a nail nibbler currently it's only my little fingers that are suffering but I really need to stop myself!

I use a Jergen's hand cream which is really nice. If you can put it on when you go to bed and wear a pair of gloves, it will lock the moisture in

Can anyone recommend a deep conditioning product for fine (and sometimes frizzy) hair?

Super Senior Member

I am trying to stop biting the skin around my fingers. I am currently on tablets for acne, which just started in August. I can't have any facials until I am off that. I am going to ask my dentist about whitening.

Platinum Member

I started sorting my skin out a few months ago with the help of Lush products, invested in one of their shampoos last night which is supposed to be amazing. I need to book a few facials and body treatments next. I tend to break out in lots of horrible red blotches so also heading to the health shop to see if I can find something that will help - sometimes they look like little bites but aren't and I am not sure how much PhotoShop my photographer has the patience for :-)

I'd highly recommend the Clarins Hand and Nail cream, it's the only one I have ever finished (and bought more than once).

Created by Wedding Favors

I use the Neutrogena Norwegian Formula hand cream, you only need a tiny amount and it's been great for my hands! I've still got until next October but figure there's no harm in taking care of myself a wee bit more! The Body Shop scrubs are great, so is the boots natural collection vanilla one. Need to start drinking more water as well, and leave the diet coke alone, what app are you using MissMartin? Xxx

Hi, it's called 'Drink-o-matic'. I set it to go off at times when I know I'm in the house ect so I have the time.

This is day 4 and I can honestly feel a difference in my skin already....I've had a breakout around my chin but I guess thats my body getting rid of some toxins.The rest of my face feels really soft.

I'm drinking about 6x330ml glasses a day, which is such an improvement as I usually only have a can of diet juice with my dinner. Hopefully I can keep it up.

I just got a lot of Liz Earle stuff through this week and I love it. Sooooo lovely!

My best friend/Moh decided to tell me that she got given a Liz Earle pampering kit for xmas and she gave it away!

She said 'I only use soap and water, so there was no point in me having it......I don't even know what half the stuff was for'

I replied by saying....'Do you know how much I just spent on that stuff? 'lol

Super Senior Member AnotherMrsBrown's Avatar

I've got just under 8months now and was thinking of getting the Liz earle stuff- it good ladies??
    Read good reviews online but don't know anyone that's used it. I don't have spot problem really but my t zone can get shiny quickly. I'm also getting my teeth fixed and whitened before wedding and want a body wrap!
    FORUMTICKER.NET Ticker

I've not started using mine yet.....

In other news.......I just ordered a munchy box. First takeaway in about 4 months......ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING! I FEEL VILE!

Honestly....I feel like I've eaten 4 full bin bags.....bleeeeeeuurgh. So disgusting....I want to vomit.

(I've also flooded the bathroom....but the disgusting munchy box is bigger news....)

It's really lovely - I use the cleanse&polish, then toner & moisturiser, and the pack came with exfoliator as well which is lovely. my skin feels so much more soft and feels less sore and stretched if you know what I mean. Less red as well. I hate my skin without makeup but it looks much nicer already. I also get lots of spots - seems to be helping to minimise. They used to do a spot treatment too but it's gone for just now.

My mum has been telling me to use Liz Earle for ages. It's just the price that put me off...

Should have added - but you don't need to use a huge amount of product. Especially with the moisturiser - I put it on a teeny smear at a time as it's quite rich.

Platinum Member

I have 7 months to go and definitely thinking the same way! I am trying to drink 2L of water a day which is so hard as I just don't like it but it makes me feel a lot better so will stick with it! I am also exfoliating and moisturising all over regularly, and using a Charles Worthington hair mask twice a week. I want to get my teeth whitened, going to ask my dentist what they would recommend as I don't want to end up with sensitive teeth! I have used Liz Earle for awhile and will keep that up, as well as getting some facials in the month before the wedding. I would also recommend the Soap and Glory hand cream, it's called Hand Food xx

Senior Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MissMartin View Post
    I've not started using mine yet.....

In other news.......I just ordered a munchy box. First takeaway in about 4 months......ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING! I FEEL VILE!

Honestly....I feel like I've eaten 4 full bin bags.....bleeeeeeuurgh. So disgusting....I want to vomit.

(I've also flooded the bathroom....but the disgusting munchy box is bigger news....)
    eek, where did you get it from??
    we always go to eastend tandoori in seedhill, best takeaway in the world! lol

xx
    Getting Married at Lochside House - 15th June 2013

Same with us...we prefer Eastend Tandoori....

I got it from Bombay Cuisine tonight.....Stevie's been in Manchester all weekend so I just needed something easy with stuff the kids would eat in it.

I smell of it. I want it to go away.

Senior Platinum Member

Same with us...we prefer Eastend Tandoori....

I got it from Bombay Cuisine tonight.....Stevie's been in Manchester all weekend so I just needed something easy with stuff the kids would eat in it.

I smell of it. I want it to go away.
    that the one across from the gleniffer, i went there once and got a kebab and i thought the salad tasted like dirt (hadnt washed it thoroughly) so only go there for irn bru now lol
    hope you're not unwell with it

xx

Yeah, I should've known better.

I've been so good for the past while, I've had the odd McDonalds but havent touched that kind of food, chinese, pizza ect....Think my body can't handle it!

I took one look at the Doner Meat and gave it to the cats.....at least they are happy!

Senior Platinum Member

Yeah, I should've known better.

I've been so good for the past while, I've had the odd McDonalds but havent touched that kind of food, chinese, pizza ect....Think my body can't handle it!

I took one look at the Doner Meat and gave it to the cats.....at least they are happy!
    lol happy cats, my cats are raging cos they dont get a look-in with us :P
    i do love my take aways but trying to stay off them so i can be a bit healthier and save a bit of money but finding it so difficult with working full time and trying to diy wedding stuff - take away is the easy option lol.
    kebab sh*tty (city) is alright as well, they do a good kebab deal where you get pizza, chips, 2 cans as well

xx

I'm on a take-away ban now. I'm now making it official. No take-aways allowed (except for if I'm hungover after my birthday the end of this month)

Was going so good as well.....hadnt had fizzy juice for a week....they gave me can of coke with it.

My body will hate me. I deserve spots for this.

nearlymrsT

Excuse my ignorance but what's a munchy box?!

Lorraine, now you've made me make skincare my next project now that my huge invitation project is finished, thanks. I'm terrible at looking after my skin, sometimes don't take makeup off, don't moisturise enough, need I go on?

Super Senior Member AnotherMrsBrown's Avatar

Well ill be away to purchase Liz earle stuff then when payday comes around! I also have my birthday night out then thinking of going on a detox for a while and hammering the gym - want to lose half a stone and tone my stomach up again (Xmas was filling!) c
    FORUMTICKER.NET Ticker