Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wedding First Dance

Advertisers fresh_entertainments's Avatar

Default Wedding First Dance

Ok, its a topic that alot of B2b's and H2b's struggle with sometimes....what will our first dance be??

I think a great one is Westlife's "Beautiful in white".....any more suggestions of perhaps your own personal one??
    Fresh Entertainments - VOWS nominee 2013 - 2015
    www.freshentertainments.com
    enquiries@freshentertainments.com
    0141 259 0258

Super Senior Member

We are having Dollly Parton & Kenny Rodgers, Islands in the Stream, a bit cheesy but I really love the words x

Super Senior Member

We are having an acoustic version of 'Everlong' by Foo Fighters.

Advertisers Jim - Scotland's Party DJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by missblack View Post
    We are having an acoustic version of 'Everlong' by Foo Fighters.
    Excellent choice.

There`s so many great songs out there that it`s a nightmare to choose.

I`d love In Time by Robbie Robb from the scene in Bill and Ted`s Excellent Adventure where they meet the elders and everyone does the strumming motion but my girlfriend isn`t quite as into that idea as me.

I`m always excited to find out what songs my clients want as their first dance and there`s been some great ones.

My personal favourite I`ve been asked to play is Is This Love by Bob Marley and the Wailers. It`s a gorgeous song, good for a couple to dance to and the brides brother and father who had passed away were both massive Bob fans so it was really moving.

Stuart I was hoping to introduce myself at Tuesdays DJ meet but you`d left before I got the chance. I`ll hopefully get to have a chat at the next one.

Senior Platinum Member

We're having 'baby im yours' by arctic monkeys - h2bs fab band and we listened to this song when we were in Paris bk in 2008

Xxx
    Getting Married at Lochside House - 15th June 2013

Super Senior Platinum Member MissMartin's Avatar

I think were almost decided and it's going to be 'Do you realise?' by the Flaming Lips.

We've had so many happy memories with this song and some sad as well.....it's kind of been our soundtrack for the past 10 years. So we've decided to go for it

I originally wanted Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol, but I think it's pretty common and also maybe a little cheesey (I don't mind a bit of cheese but h2b not keen!)

So I think it is gonna be Caledonia for first dance, and proclaimers life with you for second dance! I'm happy with that!

Ours is eitheir gonna be Caledonia or Stand By Me ...so tricky to decide...xopen the vino n have a dance round the living room.. haha that's what we did.. xx

Ours was Use Somebody by Kings of Leon

We had Respectable by Mel and Kim. Second dance was Together in Electric Dreams. It was ace.

Hello,

We had "This is Love" by Kelly Rowland '
    X
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Quote Originally Posted by bumblefee View Post
    Ours is eitheir gonna be Caledonia or Stand By Me ...so tricky to decide...xopen the vino n have a dance round the living room.. haha that's what we did.. xx
    We've decided on Stand by me for our first dance and Caledonia for our last song. We struggled as we just dont have 'a song' so we went with something that we could dance slowly to and had a nice meaning. To be honest it will be more like a shuffle round the floor than actual dancing! lol

Chasing Cars 4 us im thinkin Ronan Keatin This i promise you but h2b's not keen he's not a boyband person lol xx

Advertisers fresh_entertainments's Avatar

Ah sorry Jim! I had to get away for my "city job"...nightshift!! Give me a call anytime!!
    Fresh Entertainments - VOWS nominee 2013 - 2015
    www.freshentertainments.com
    enquiries@freshentertainments.com
    0141 259 0258

Quote Originally Posted by vintagebelle View Post
    We've decided on Stand by me for our first dance and Caledonia for our last song. We struggled as we just dont have 'a song' so we went with something that we could dance slowly to and had a nice meaning. To be honest it will be more like a shuffle round the floor than actual dancing! lol
    Caledonia is an excellent song to end on. We have found that anything kind of traditional like that is a great way to end the night.
    I personally love Caledonia (my wife and I had it as our second dance by Ernest) and love playing it now. It's one of our favourites along with Wild Mountain Thyme.
    Stand By Me is also a great song. One I think we will be adding to our set list shortly!
    It's interesting that Chasing Cars is percieved as a popular first dance. We have not had it requested as a first dance yet.
    One of the top 10 Wedding Bands In Scotland - http://www.hireaband.co.uk/scotland-...wedding-bands/
    Like our Facebook Page - www.facebook.com/thejackdames / www.facebook.com/thejackdames1
    or visit our website - www.thejackdames.co.uk

We really can't decide on ours! We both want something that means something but H2B can't dance so we wanted something kinda upbeat! We were thinking Paolo Nutini-loving you but I love James Morrison-you make it real or maybe westlife-tonight. Second two are really soppy though.
    Laura and Paul, Glenskirlie Castle, 19/04/14

Better by Tom Baxter If you have not heard this before you must Jx
    ~~~25th of May 2013~~~

we are thinking about Christina Perry - A Thousand Years, the words are so nice plus every time we make a decision like honeymoon ect it comes on too weird!! x
    Jen

Advertisers Special Edition Band's Avatar

mrslang2b, Can I just say we had a request for Better afew years ago (it has only ever happened once) none of the band had ever heard it before, but we looked into it and it is one of the most beautiful contemporary songs I've ever heard. We played it and the couple loved it. Sometimes with obscure songs it gets learned once then shelved but we decided to keep that one in the setlist because it is so good and we even played it at Turnberry at Hogmanay there. Nice to see folk up dancing to a song that they don't really know, but just like the rendition of it we perform.

Ronan Keaton did a cover of it, but Tom's is magnificent in comparison.

My and W2B's first dance at Glenskirlie this summer is going to be an upbeat number by a cheesy duo, but Im not letting on what it is because some of the suppliers on here are invited and I want to keep it a surprise (and no it isn't Ant and Dec)

Best Regards
    Graham from Special Edition
    New Tracks Now Online
    ***** www.specialeditionband.info *****
    ***** facebook *****

Quote Originally Posted by Special Edition Band View Post
    mrslang2b, Can I just say we had a request for Better afew years ago (it has only ever happened once) none of the band had ever heard it before, but we looked into it and it is one of the most beautiful contemporary songs I've ever heard. We played it and the couple loved it. Sometimes with obscure songs it gets learned once then shelved but we decided to keep that one in the setlist because it is so good and we even played it at Turnberry at Hogmanay there. Nice to see folk up dancing to a song that they don't really know, but just like the rendition of it we perform.

Ronan Keaton did a cover of it, but Tom's is magnificent in comparison.

My and W2B's first dance at Glenskirlie this summer is going to be an upbeat number by a cheesy duo, but Im not letting on what it is because some of the suppliers on here are invited and I want to keep it a surprise (and no it isn't Ant and Dec)

Best Regards
    Graham from Special Edition

Hi Graham, Wow that's great to hear your band have played it live, would have loved to heard your version. You are sadly right its not well known Me and H2B heard it first at a barbecue of all places and fell in love with it there and then. Sad to hear not many know it but in a way makes it a bit more special to us I hope other Brides get a chance to hear it . Jx
    ~~~25th of May 2013~~~

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mhairi_D View Post
    I originally wanted Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol, but I think it's pretty common and also maybe a little cheesey (I don't mind a bit of cheese but h2b not keen!)

So I think it is gonna be Caledonia for first dance, and proclaimers life with you for second dance! I'm happy with that!
    We also had that proclaimers song for our 2nd dance and we ended with Caledonia Our 1st dance was Eva Cassidy - Songbird.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

We really can't decide on ours! We both want somethingsomething but H2B can't dance so we wanted something kinda upbeat! We were thinking Paolo Nutini-loving you but I love James Morrison-you make it real or maybe westlife-tonight. Second two are really soppy though.[/QUOTE]

we are having you make it real. its "our song" we are both James Morrison fans and it was playing when h2b proposed. we are using the acoustic live version. Xox

Where can i hear this Better song, cant seem to get it on you tube x

Quote Originally Posted by mrslang2b View Post
    Better by Tom Baxter If you have not heard this before you must Jx
    H2B and myself love this song. While it is not our first dance it will be involved in the day at some point!

Quote Originally Posted by caggsy View Post
    Where can i hear this Better song, cant seem to get it on you tube x
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v_h_wZQjVvY