Thread: Yikes!! Colour & theme helllp!! Please :)

Default Yikes!! Colour & theme helllp!! Please :)

Im so stuck on a colour to go with for my wedding planning to get married in either october november or december so far i have like the royal blue and red colours also fushia pink but im stuck on tying it in to the kilts i also wanted to put rose pettles down the aisle to match so need something that will go. Is anyone using a theme for there wedding i need ideas
    Thanks everyone

Welcome to the forum! It really boils down to personal preference, sorry! Our big day is in 12 weeks and it's the Easter weekend so our theme is purple and yellow. Purple because it's my favourite colour and yellow because I am having daffodils which are my favourite flower. I also have a butterfly theme going on too, not sure why but just happened upon things with butterflies and it has stuck! So had butterflies on stationery, a butterfly cake topper and then got lovely butterfly hair combs for my BMs. Maybe it's all quite random but I like it and I suppose that's what important! Just go with your instinct and see where it takes you, good luck! X

Aw thanks very much its all the personal details that matter yours sounds lovley x

Quote Originally Posted by kazzlovesjohn View Post
    Aw thanks very much its all the personal details that matter yours sounds lovley x
    Thank you! Forgot to mention the Easter Eggs as favours lol! X

Super Senior Platinum Member

My colour scheme is deep purple and silver as it matches our venue and H2B's kilt x

It's definitely just up to what you like best. Also check that the tartan you are tying your colour scheme into is available for hire if that's your plan. I think it's also useful to think about your bridesmaids skin tone. I love fuschia but have a red haired bm, clash! I picked the theme based on my dress. It was the first thing I got after the venue and it's almost vintage Hollywood glam looking, so I'm going for a vintage Hollywood glam theme. Good luck deciding, so much to chose from.
    Laura and Paul, Glenskirlie Castle, 19/04/14

Super Senior Platinum Member FutureMrsAdie's Avatar

It's probably easier to decide on tartan you like first and pull colours from that. Rather than choosing colours then trying to tie in a tartan. A few girls on the forum have had issues where they have set their heart on a colour but when their groom went to look for a kilt he didn't like any that would match her colour scheme. I always knew my husband wanted to get married in his familiy clan tartan so it made choosing colours for the wedding much easier. I wouldn't worry too much about a theme. As long as you get the colours down you'll probably find that t theme just evolves. I wasn't planning on having a theme but I picked a cake with calla lillies on it, then decided to have calla in the bouquets, buttonholes and centrepieces. It wasn't a obvious theme though, just subtle.

Super Senior Member

Hiya, we got married on the 3.11.12 and we had silver bridesmaids and the kits were great and black. We didnt have too much colour in the wedding tbh, as we went for silver candleabras with the crystal garlands hanging from them and silver sashes on the chairs, we had purple uplighters and i had purple in my bouquet then there was purple gel in the square vases on the top table (hope that makes sense) !!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers