Thread: Are you getting a pro in?

Ros@SWD

I was wondering what the split was on who's getting a make-up artist and who's doing their own? And if you are doing it yourself, what brands are you going to use?

Getting a pro in does have a certain appeal.

I was thinking about doing my own as I'm very capable. I would have used a mix of MAC and Bobbi Brown I think.

I decided I'd like the pampering. Which I did.
    Married August 08

Having a makeup artist come in on the wedding day for me and the bridesmaids Decided it was the one and only time I could spoil myself (and even better the package I've got includes weekly facials for 8 weeks before the wedding)
    Finally Mrs Noble!

thankfully my cousin is a qualified make up artist so shell be on hand all day xxx

QUOTE (Laura0701 @ Feb 6 2009, 10:50 AM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=305"]
    thankfully my cousin is a qualified make up artist so shell be on hand all day xxx[/b]
    oooooh you're so lucky!! :P
    Finally Mrs Noble!

I've not started looking into this yet but would prefer to get a professional in on the day. Afterall, I might have a few glasses of champagne in the morning to calm my nerves then i'll be in no fit state to do my own make up. Don't want to be walking down the isle looking like Aunt Sally!!!

lol it is lucky...im tryin to push someone i know into hairdressing now as my other friend does nails tho failing me picking somes job that they will be in forever around my wedding i have a hairdressers 2 streets away xx

I am going for the full works, that is, getting the make-up artist and hairdresser to come to me on the day.

However, I will be having a trial session before, and I don't expect it to be easy, because I hardly ever wear make-up, so even the nude look will look like too much to me. But maybe I will change my mind after seeing a professional result!

I went for a make up trial, and wasn't too sure about the results....looked like a bit of a drag queen (lol)

Only joking, it was a lot heavier than I am used to, so might just do it myself. I always use bare escentuals make up, so gives me a nice natural look anyway......

So still undecided!

Def getting a pro in x

I agree with Scotsbride - anytime I have had a proff do my make-up it has been garish! I have a friend who works in beauty so am trying to get her to give me a hand on the day and that way I can have what I want but expertly applied.

...probably sweat it all off in the dancing tho!!

H
    -x-