Thread: 'Slimming' Underwear/ Corset Help Required! x

Default 'Slimming' Underwear/ Corset Help Required! x

Hiya,
    I'm getting married in March and the weight-loss regime isn't exactly going to plan! I'm looking for underwear that will control my lumps and bumps! Bra is all sorted and usually Spanx help with my tummy but I'm reluctant to wear these as I won't be able to roll them down under my dress for visiting the toilet (and don't fancy using the other option they have built-in if you know what I mean!).

My dress is on the cheaper side of the scale and doesn't have any support, so I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get some kind of corset, which would suck me in as its just my tummy I'm worried about.

Also, someone suggested getting 'boning' fitted into my dress by a seamstress? I'm not too sure what this is so does anyone know if this would be a good idea to help with support?

Any suggestions from you girlies will be most appreciated as I'm desperate for any advice!!
    Thank you in advance! x x

Super Senior Platinum Member SpecialSundae's Avatar

A corset might be overkill if you're just trying to flatten your tummy. Why not check out a 1950s style underbust girdle? Rago, What Katie Did and Kiss Me Deadly all do effective ones (Rago are my favourites but the others are prettier).
    Fairy Gokmother

Thank you so much for your advice SpecialSundae! I don't have a clue about these things! I've looked them all up and I'm going to go with one of the Rago ones. Many thanks! x