Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Wedding planning for October 2014

Thank you hells, hope you have a great 30th when it comes round . Planning is going good Miss_Gillz. Like everyone on here we are working hard & saving like crazy lol. The deadlines are looming much to fast . We have Pretty much got everything booked. Can't believe how quick the two years have flown by since booking. It's flying in. I'am having an early hen night @ the end of August. Lol I am playing it safe for my recovery period :-) hehehe. Have you got hen do's on the horizon ladies? xx

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFutureMrsH View Post
    Thank you hells, hope you have a great 30th when it comes round . Planning is going good Miss_Gillz. Like everyone on here we are working hard & saving like crazy lol. The deadlines are looming much to fast . We have Pretty much got everything booked. Can't believe how quick the two years have flown by since booking. It's flying in. I'am having an early hen night @ the end of August. Lol I am playing it safe for my recovery period :-) hehehe. Have you got hen do's on the horizon ladies? xx
    My "official" hen do is Saturday 13th September, 20 girls into Edinburgh, cocktail making at Angels Share then a bit off cheesey karaoke at Electric Circus and pub crawl!!
    I have a few "henny" nights out with my mum and aunts too, I should have started planning nights out sooner to recover too!
    where is your hen do? xxx

Nice one Hells, sounds Fabby . We have went OTT on the cheesiness, but I am so up for the laugh. 18 off us will be in 80's fancy dress , Venga Bus, lady boys, back on Venga bus & then the girls have got something planned that they are not telling me xx

Super Senior Member

Good choices on the hen front ladies! Very jel about the Venga Bus!

My official hen is in Edinburgh on 6 September but that's all I know so far. I cannot wait! xxx

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFutureMrsH View Post
    Nice one Hells, sounds Fabby . We have went OTT on the cheesiness, but I am so up for the laugh. 18 off us will be in 80's fancy dress , Venga Bus, lady boys, back on Venga bus & then the girls have got something planned that they are not telling me xx
    You will have an awesome time, I love the venga bus! No fancy dress is planned but im sure I will get done up like a kipper lol xxx

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Gillz View Post
    Good choices on the hen front ladies! Very jel about the Venga Bus!

My official hen is in Edinburgh on 6 September but that's all I know so far. I cannot wait! xxx
    lol we can all console each other with the hangovers! xxx

Lol now that sounds like a plan
    I am sure we will have lots of fun on our hen night ladies lol even if we are in for a few shocks & surprises Xx

Oooohhh..... I was also an October bride .
    It's one of the best month to get married.

How's your planning going?

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBridesmaid View Post
    Oooohhh..... I was also an October bride .
    It's one of the best month to get married.

How's your planning going?
    I think im organised! 16 weeks on Saturday and I cant wait! keep thinking im missing something but I have a list for a list so im sure its just panic and excitement!!
    Im glad a chose October now as I know Christmas is right around the corner so I`ll have something else to focus on! We arent having a honeymoon as the kids are back at school and my stepdaughter has her exams next year so we arent getting away on a family-moon til easter hols but its booked and paid for so im not complaining! xxx

Super Senior Member

Hello October brides. Just checking in lol! I've just got under 10 weeks to go now and my gosh it is flying in.

Going to see the venue at the end of the month for menu tasting and to iron out the finer details. BM dresses are in - just need to pick them up and pay the balance. Veil is in too - just need to collect. Make up trials and hair trials booked. And more importantly, lol, hen night is approaching fast.

Hope you're all making good progress xxx

Super Senior Member

Hello October brides. Just checking in lol! I've just got under 10 weeks to go now and my gosh it is flying in.

Going to see the venue at the end of the month for menu tasting and to iron out the finer details. BM dresses are in - just need to pick them up and pay the balance. Veil is in too - just need to collect. Make up trials and hair trials booked. And more importantly, lol, hen night is approaching fast.

Hope you're all making good progress xxx
    Hey!!!!
    Im 10 weeks on Saturday and im in full wedding mode! poor h2b has had plenty orders in the last few weeks......I got all my candy buffet jars out on Saturday and had a look through my sweets! (sad I know) I think im done, was off last week and handed in our m10 forms and arrange our appointment a few days before the wedding to run through the marriage schedule, waiting on the photographer to get back to me and 1 of my work pals made my playlist spreadsheet for the reception today!
    How is everyone else doing?? xxx

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hells View Post
    Hey!!!!
    Im 10 weeks on Saturday and im in full wedding mode! poor h2b has had plenty orders in the last few weeks......I got all my candy buffet jars out on Saturday and had a look through my sweets! (sad I know) I think im done, was off last week and handed in our m10 forms and arrange our appointment a few days before the wedding to run through the marriage schedule, waiting on the photographer to get back to me and 1 of my work pals made my playlist spreadsheet for the reception today!
    How is everyone else doing?? xxx
    Sounds like you're doing well hells - love that you're dishing out the orders xxx

Super Senior Member

Good Morning October Brides! Hope you're all doing well and my how time does fly these days. I've woken up a bit like a kid at Christmas because I had my first fitting last night (first time I've actually seen MY dress!) and the alteration lady said don't lose any weight now (so had a Dominos - must follow her orders!)

I've got my first Hen tomorrow organised by my BMs so I know nothing except it's in Edinburgh - so excited.

We were at the venue last week finalising details and also chose our cake so it's really all hitting me now that in 6 weeks I'll be MARRIED!!!!

Still got bits and pieces to sort though so pleased I still have a small amount of time on my hands.

xxx

Super Senior Member

Morning Miss_Gillz!!! Aw thats fabby! My wedding dress is due a very slight alteration but then il be good to go! its super exciting eh?
    Have a fabby first hen! my first hen is next Saturday in Edinburgh too so you can share all the goss. Im 7 weeks tomorrow and im sooo excited!!! xxx

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hells View Post
    Morning Miss_Gillz!!! Aw thats fabby! My wedding dress is due a very slight alteration but then il be good to go! its super exciting eh?
    Have a fabby first hen! my first hen is next Saturday in Edinburgh too so you can share all the goss. Im 7 weeks tomorrow and im sooo excited!!! xxx
    It sure is chick. Will keep you posted on what I get up to - the non incriminating stuff anyway lol xxx

Super Senior Member

of course lol xxx

I am actually starting to panic with just over 4 weeks to go- Im sure it will only get worse! Doesn't help when suppliers don't get back to me. Everything left to be printed is being done on Saturday at the latest and people aren't getting back to me, aaaaah!

Super Senior Member

aw there's nothing worse!! I`m 6 weeks on Saturday and I`m really calm but my house is COVERED with wedding stuff! H2B is more stressed than me! xxx

I'm 6 weeks tomorrow and calm so far but spare room is a tip, wedding stuff everywhere lol. Don't understand how there is so much! Hen weekend in Belfast tomorrow eeek! Had a wee home hen do last Saturday at my mum's and that ended up carnage so god knows what state we'll be in this weekend!! Very excited though xx

Super Senior Member

Great to hear from the October brides - this forum is keeping me sane at the moment. Had an absolute blast at my hen last week in Edinburgh - went to the Dungeon, Electric Circus, Pizza Express and Party Bus where we went to 3 pubs and then a club. It was so well organised by my Sis and BMs - I was delighted. It was Big Fat Gypsy themed and I was wearing a pink tutu with lights - no joke!

5 weeks on Saturday for me - this week has gone insanely fast and I can't see it slowing down much!

Make up trial tomorrow night eeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkk! xxx

Super Senior Member

Me again girls! I've had make up trial (but text her the other day saying I've changed my mind about my eye shadow lol) and had hair trial too. M10 forms are in and have had final dress fitting.

Soooooo how are we getting on ladies? Nearly there!!! xxx

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLennonToBe View Post
    I'm 6 weeks tomorrow and calm so far but spare room is a tip, wedding stuff everywhere lol. Don't understand how there is so much! Hen weekend in Belfast tomorrow eeek! Had a wee home hen do last Saturday at my mum's and that ended up carnage so god knows what state we'll be in this weekend!! Very excited though xx
    How did your hen weekend go? xxx

How did your hen weekend go? xxx

It was good thanks, very tame though! Nothing had been organised for either night (was a bit gutted to be honest) and we ended up missing the curfews for the clubs but had a nice time anyway. We did a scavenger hunt which was good fun and the Titanic museum was really good. I think my mini home hen ended up being my main one which is funny but I had such an amazing time at it I don't care. Yours sounded brilliant, love the big fat gypsy theme!!!!

I had my make up trial last weekend, it went well. Felt funny wearing so much make up when I usually just wear mascara but I was happy with the result. Of course had to then go out for dinner and cocktails since we were all done up haha.

My M10 forms are in too, eeek! Still chasing up a few people for their menu choices which is stressing me a bit but other than that all good!

How are you all feeling? Can't believe it's going to be our wedding month next week!! xx

Super Senior Member

Hey ladies! Im 4 weeks on saturday! Cant wait!
    I have been chasing up rsvps..its sooooo annoying!
    Ive had my make up trial and it was lovely (altho a bit heavy) and my hair trial is tomorrow!
    Very last appointment with the hotel this saturday and not many bills left to pay....................
    Wedding dress is having a very small alteration so I will have it back on Saturday and then its just a waiting game for me....how are you all getting on? xxx

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLennonToBe View Post
    It was good thanks, very tame though! Nothing had been organised for either night (was a bit gutted to be honest) and we ended up missing the curfews for the clubs but had a nice time anyway. We did a scavenger hunt which was good fun and the Titanic museum was really good. I think my mini home hen ended up being my main one which is funny but I had such an amazing time at it I don't care. Yours sounded brilliant, love the big fat gypsy theme!!!!

I had my make up trial last weekend, it went well. Felt funny wearing so much make up when I usually just wear mascara but I was happy with the result. Of course had to then go out for dinner and cocktails since we were all done up haha.

My M10 forms are in too, eeek! Still chasing up a few people for their menu choices which is stressing me a bit but other than that all good!

How are you all feeling? Can't believe it's going to be our wedding month next week!! xx
    Well done you for going out after your trial - I put my jammies on lol! But that's great you were pleased with the result. I just can't make up my mind at times so after debating for a bit thought I'll just text her and let her know I'm thinking of something else now lol.

It's the RSVP bit which is doing my nut in so feel you're pain about menu choices.

It's really hitting me now that we're getting married eeeeeeeekkkkkk! xxx