Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Going Faster Than A Rollercoaster - A Whirlwind Romance.

And, before we knew it, it was time to head back to Sassy and Katie's hotel to meet the pre-booked taxi. It was show time!!!

THE CEREMONY

Sassy, Katie, Colin and I turned up at the venue in our taxi. I instantly realised the mistake we'd made in not giving the driver clear instructions; he pulled up at the main door. The main door and walls either side of it our floor to ceiling glass. Every one of our guests saw us pulling up. Thankfully, I realised before the guests did! And I was promptly hidden by Sassy whilst Katie jumped out to help Colin get out without flashing any part of me! But whilst this was going on... all of our guests started coming outside! Clearly to greet the groom. Every one of them - aware we were having a first look - were obviously very eager to see us haha! It was really, really amusing although quite frantic; not a single soul had seen my dress. Not a single soul knew ANYTHING about it. Nope, not even the bridesmaids! Just my mother and myself. I wanted to keep it that way! So once Colin was inside, Katie jumped back in the taxi and the driver whipped us around to the back enterance! Here, we all got out and Sassy told Katie and I to wait behind the wall whilst she went inside to see if they were going to move the guests upstairs to the ceremony room or if they had an alternative way of getting me inside and sitting down somewhere without any of the guests seeing me. It was freezing outside whilst we waited but Katie really is awesome; we passed the 10 or so minutes just blabbering away to each other before Sassy motioned that it was safe to come inside.

And so we did! There, I was greeted by me bridesmaids, my bridesmale and my brother who was walking me down the aisle. He also had my darling little niece - our flower girl - in his arms. My sister also had my beautiful little nephew - our ring bearer - in her arms. They looked amazing! We were all led up to the bridal suite - an awesome dressing room - where I was able to put the umbrella and my bag down and make any last minute make up fixes - I didn't need to! Yay! Then it was time!!

Down to the ceremony room we went. We were ushered into the drinks reception part of the ceremony room and the most gorgeous teal coloured curtain was up, seperating us from the rest of the room and the guests. It was here I met the registrar and she was so, so lovely! But then the music started. At this point, I don't think I was fully aware of what was happening other than to think "man, I really do LOVE this song!" My sister and nephew walked through the curtain. I was good! My bridesmaid and bridesmale walked through the curtain. Awesome! I'm doing well! Then the instrumental part of the song started - I would be walking in when the vocals started back up - and that was it. I. Lost. My. ****. I was in pieces. I was sobbing so hard, I started hyperventilating. My brother, bless him, was amazing and really helped me get myself together. By the time the vocals had started back up, I had stopped. But then I stepped into the room and saw everyone and started again! Luckily, I had more control this time and it was just a few tears. No hyperventilating this time! But then I saw Colin! And it took everything in me to not just dissolve. I was a wreck!!

When I spoke to people about a first look, one of the main reasons they wouldn't do one was always the same: they didn't want to take away from the emotion of seeing each other at the other end of the aisle for the first time. Well, ladies, I am the prime example that that does not happen! Yes, Colin and I had seen each other and spent time with each other that morning and seeing each other for the first time in the cafe was so emotional.

But this was different. At the cafe in the morning, we were both still in the "this is too good to be true" mind frame. Seeing each other at the other end of the aisle? There's no denying it then. It was the most emotional part of the day for the both of us and the first look made no impact on that special moment whatsoever.

The ceremony was beautiful and simple. We opted for the "middle" one so it wasn't too short but it wasn't too long. We also opted out of things like readings etc. It was just us, together. No decor distracting us. Nothing but the pair of us. And several other eyes watching from either side!

I spent most of the ceremony trying to control my tears and the completely and utterly ridiculous amount of outright trembling my entire body was doing! But, in the background, my 1 year old niece and nephew were babbling and giggling away to each and it helped the both of us focus, oddly enough. It was that that kept us both from literally falling to pieces!

And it was amazing. Just magical. She pronounced us husband and wife and everyone was cheering and clapping and before Colin got the chance to "kiss the bride", I'd flung my arms around him like it'd been a year since I last saw him! Magical. Every single moment of it. The best.

I've been sneaking in the background for a while since I got married, but knew I couldn't not comment on this post!

Toadstool, this has to be my favourite report, EVER!!! I love every aspect of your wedding and the detail you have went into with everything has blown me away! And this picture actually brought a tear to my eye, it's one of the nicest (although they are all amazing!) pictures which captures an amazing moment!!

Thanks for your report I loved reading it and I wish you guys all the best for the future x x x x x x
    Last edited by MissR2MrsR; 09-12-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Super Senior Platinum Member

Loving your report x