Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CAPRI SKIES!!!

Smile

HI

Getting married in 12 weeks and ordered my dress from capri skies last may and still not received my dress anyone else with the same problem?
    thanksx

KAREN

HI
    I ORDERED MY DRESS FROM CAPRI SKIES APRIL LAST YEAR AND IT ARRIVED LAST WEEK, IM GETTING MARRIED IN 7 WEEKS.
    I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL I WAS GETTING A BIT STRESSED ABOUT IT, I JUST WANTED IT TO ARRIVE SO I KNOW EVERYTHING IS OK WITH IT.

Hi
    Thanks karen for replying hopefully all will work out for me as well.
    hope your day goes well!
    Emma

I ordered my dress from Capri Skies Glasgow in October last year. I am getting married on 30th May 2009 (8 weeks on saturday) and my dress has still not arrived.

The staff there have been really good and apparently the problem is that my dress (plus my 2 bridesmaids dresses) are in a box at Customs, Heathrow airport, just waiting to be released once they have been checked.

The box has been there since 11th FEBRUARY so I really don't know what the hold up is.

I have been trying to phone customs myself with the shipping numbers and getting no joy.

I'm getting really panicky about it now as the only thing left to do is get my dress fitted.

Has your dress arrived yet emjelle?

Advertisers Gioia Mia and Pleyel Quartet's Avatar

I'm not sure what they mean about the customs thing.

I import a lot of stuff, pretty much all year round, and it has usually cleared customs within a matter of hours. I know because the company that I import from gives me a Fedex tracking number, and I can check where my stuff is and how long it's taken to go through a particular process.

It's not just brides that sometimes get shoddy service from bridal shops, but suppliers/others working in the bridal industry too, and it makes my blood boil. There's absolutely no need for it.

As part of my service, if a bride is buying her dress from somewhere near me, I'll go and have a look her dress. That way I can pick out details from the dress and include them in the design of the jewellery/accessories. Every single bridal shop I've been in to (until today) has been very helpful and many have even taken my card as well.

So I arrived at this place (a large shop in the centre of Glasgow) early afternoon. I told the shop assistant who I was, why I was there, the name of the bride and the make and the name of the dress.

She told me that yes, the girl that bought it from them had mentioned that I would be in, but that no, she couldn't show me the dress. I told her I'd come into town especially to go to the shop and have a look at the dress. I said to her that she could take a look at my website (it's got my photo on it) so that she could see I'm not some random person who has wandered off the street (or someone wanting to cause hassle), but no. She said that I was welcome to have a look gestured to, oh maybe, 200 dresses (this particular shop goes on about how it's got the biggest selection of dresses in Scotland).

Then she 'went to speak to someone' and came back within about 30 seconds saying that the bride had put a deposit down on a tiara from them the last time she was in (Saturday past), which is weird as she has her fitting there this Saturday coming and has an appointment with me straight afterwards, so that little story doesn't hold water.

I'm not the only one who has had a bit of bother with this particular shop. There are lots horror stories (including brides not getting their dresses for their big day!).

So ladies, it pays to do some googling and ask around a bit (check with your other suppliers). There's no smoke without fire.

Thats shocking that they can leave it so late in the day about probably the most important part of the day for us brides, the dress, really hope it works out ok for you guys, I'll keep my fingers crossed xx

QUOTE (FutureMrsW2010 @ Apr 16 2009, 10:51 AM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1899"]
    Thats shocking that they can leave it so late in the day about probably the most important part of the day for us brides, the dress, really hope it works out ok for you guys, I'll keep my fingers crossed xx[/b]

Hi
    Finally got my dress on Tuesday 7 April after lots of phonecalls and tears.
    Hope everybody gets theres!
    emma

I'm glad you finally got your dress.

I had a chat with my friend today about the customs thing, and she said that it was probably still in customs as the shop hadn't paid the VAT/Duty charges.

Anyway, I'm really glad you got your dress, but they shouldn't have put you through that awful experience.

If you still have to get alterations done, I'd suggest that you take it elsewhere. A shop only deserves your business if you're happy to give ti your business.

Smile

Hi Girls,

I am getting married in 5 weeks...and still havent received my gown from Capri Skies. I ordered my dress last September and as my dress didnt arrive in April (the 'original' delivery date), I began to panic. After being told on a weekly basis that my dress would arrive 'next week', I decided to contact My Lady (the supplier) myself. I found out yesterday that although my dress was ordered in Jan (when I paid Capri Skies), they only paid the invoice on the 13th of May! They also said that Capri Skies are well aware that no supplier will make or dispatch any gown until final payment has been made. The owner James Cameron has been blaming the girls in the shop, and I am still waiting on him 'calling me back'.

I have spoken to the police and they have advised I contact a lawyer, as apparently this is happening regularly. I am going to see a lawyer tomorrow, as I have paid 2000 and have nothing to show for it.

This sounds really awful...but I think Capri Skies brides should read this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotlan...est/8075322.stm

If you're in the situation where this is true, and you ordered a dress from them, I'd advise you to contact the supplier direct and explain the situation to them. I've heard stories of a number of suppliers honouring your dress order.

Smile

Thanks - I made the call to the BBC when I arrived at the shop this morning (after hearing that the shop had closed on Clyde 1). It was aired on TV this evening. James and Kalhua Cameron should be named and shamed for what they have done. The police are trying to contact them, but I doubt they'll be found. They have basically stolen thousands of pounds from us all and seem to be getting away with it.

Smile

Just been on to police again...they have no updates yet, and owners can still not be found. Police advise all of us to contact trading standards first thing tomorrow morning : (

When's your wedding?

Edited to add: Ah, OK. I just re-read your post further up.

Can you contact your supplier directly again? Explain the situation to them...they might still be able to honour your order.

This must be a nightmare for all your brides to be out there who find themselves in this awful scenario.

If we can help in anyway at all, then please just give me a shout. I know it's no conselation for how you feel at the moment but as the old saying goes 'Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining....'

As I said if we can do anything to help then get in touch & keep your chin up...

Victoria xx

Smile

Forming a consortium against Capri Skies

Any other brides out there wishing to form a consortium to take legal action against J & K Cameron (unscrupulously trading as Capri Skies)? Legal action and compensation against distress, emotional trauma, failure to adhere to contractual obligations, and taking money under false pretences. We would like to pursue these people to ensure that all brides and familes are recompensed in full, and that the Cameron's are not allowed to trade again under any circumstances. This is fraud and theft. We can spread the cost and engage a solicitor to pursue this matter.

On a personal note - they took 1300 at the beginning of April for our daughter's wedding dress knowing full well they had no intention of delivering. People like this are despicable and should not be allowed to get away with it.

Let's get together and make legal claims against them.

If interested contact Stephanie Meek (steph_meek1985@yahoo.co.uk)01501 744788
    or
    Colin Meek (ct.meek@btinternet.com)01501 740667

Meek Family

Once you have a plan of action it might be worth posting on here as well: http://www.glasgowonline.co.uk/allreviews/4487/

I'm so sorry for all the brides this has affected.

Hi,

my sympathy goes out to all brides in this situation, i think its completely disgusting that this company has done this to people, i really hope they suffer major consequences as they obviously have no conscience if they dont think twice about taking peoples money, epecially when they knew they werent coping finacially - what i would love to know is where is all the dresses that were in the shop? what have they done with them?

i'm thinking they are prob gonna try sell them over the internet or somethin, which would be bloody shocking,
    it annoys me that some people think its ok to treat others this way, they obvously have no morals

marie x

Hi there

My wee sister is one of the brides2B that has paid her money to Capri Skies but has no dress. Her dress was being made to order by Aileen, the seamstress in the shop. We would love to get in touch with Aileen to make a private arrangement so my sister can still have her dream dress. Can anyone help? We are aware we will have to pay the full price again.

Please help!

shogirl

Hi

Does anyone know who does the alterations for Capri Skies as my daughters dress is paid for and was in the shop awatiing alteration.

I am hoping it has been sent somewhere for the work to be done and we can get it back.

Her wedding is in 5 weeks and she is devasteded.

Thanks

Ros@SWD

Just wanted to say that we are of course aware of the situation at Capri Skies and we're sorry for anyone this has caused distress to. We will do our best to find out what's going on tomorrow and will be putting up a full post ASAP offering as much advice and information as we can to those affected.

Ros @ SWD

I bought a dress in april paid in cash up front and was meant to be getting my dress in july, so god know if the order has been put through will try tomorrow to hear but i am devastated