Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: CAPRI SKIES***33;***33;***33;

Advertisers Gioia Mia and Pleyel Quartet's Avatar

Hi Nick

Can you explain what the '4 guarantees advised' means? I don't understand that part, and I'm sure that others won't either.

Thank you

Basically what it means is, do not trade goods with this business unless they provide some sort of compensation first. I.E. CASH.

Scenario: Capri Skies, orders 5 dresses. Supplier says; we do not deliver any good before the necessary funds have been provided. In the meanwhile Capri Skies will probably have accepted our money to pay of outstanding orders instead of your actual order.

OK, thank you. And can you explain how companies are rated? What do the ratings go on?

Sure, i would like to refer to our company website for a detailed explanation: http://www.dnb.co.uk/Risk_Management/UK_Bu...ion_Reports.asp

Wedding Supplier

QUOTE (emjelle @ Mar 2 2009, 12:22 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1138"]
    HI

Getting married in 12 weeks and ordered my dress from capri skies last may and still not received my dress anyone else with the same problem?
    thanksx[/b]
    At Bridal Heaven we have every sympathy for Brides-to-be who have been left shattered at the news regarding Capri Skies.

We may be able to help with those Brides who have their wedding dates in the next few weeks and have been left without their special dress. We offer a large range of dresses that are made to order and can deliver in 2-3 weeks. We also offer custom made dresses so if you have your heart set on a dress that is nt in our standard range, we will produce a copy.

In an attempt to soften the blow for those who have lost money to Capri Skies, we are offering a 15% discount on all wedding dresses (except those on special offer). Proof of receipt from Capri Skies is required.

Dresses are available in a huge range of colours and can be made to UK standard sizes or made to measure.

Our website is www.lastminuteweddingdresses.com.

We hope we can help but in any event, wish you all the best in finding your dream dress in time for your special day.

Best wishes,

Bridal Heaven
    0208 9066850

Can I just add that it is illegal to copy a dress.

Design companies take copyright infringement very seriously indeed, so please don't go down that route.

QUOTE (tina5 @ Jun 1 2009, 03:39 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2817"]
    Yes Im positive it's his daughter that owns capri skies as he even uses capri skies as an affiliate and links to them on his website. Nothing like keeping it in the family eh! Wideos![/b]
    Removed

Hi Nick,

Im just wondering if you could help. The dress and veil I bought from Capri Skies is in storage in their warehouse after paying in full by Visa Debit in February 2008. If administrators come in, are they duty bound to get it to me or would they sell it on to recover costs for this train wreck they called a business

hi a wee note to say i was at capri skies tonight and spoke to the police who were there,

while i was there i spoke to a guy form venus who was up to sort out the mess that capri skies is in and had no dealing with capri skies in any way of management, i must say this guy might of just saved alot of people as when i was speaking to him and handing over my details of order he actually informed me that they had managed to get access to the shop, in which i witnessed myself 2 gents pulling up in a white van gaining entry by key and taking hundreds of wedding dresses out of the shop, to be taken and sorted and despatched to the owners,

now to the fact that someone else has to clean up the campbells mess is atrocious

this guy was not only helpful but as i paid with a visa debit he said if i go to money expert and theres a bit where i could download a template letter to send to visa and get my money back within 90days of the notifications of the name above doing a flit with everyones hard earned honest cash

QUOTE (mags790 @ Jun 2 2009, 06:39 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2926"]
    Hi Nick,

Im just wondering if you could help. The dress and veil I bought from Capri Skies is in storage in their warehouse after paying in full by Visa Debit in February 2008. If administrators come in, are they duty bound to get it to me or would they sell it on to recover costs for this train wreck they called a business[/b]
    Hey Mags,

If I am correct, they should hand you over your dress and veil as it is YOURS since you have paid for it. Which means the money of the transaction is already circulating in the business.
    I do also believe though that the appointed insolvency practitioners will need to pay off all outstanding government and tax claims before they get to the suppliers and then the consumers. Basically we would be last in line. I donā***8364;***8482;t think it will end up like that in this case, as it involves quit a delicate issue and also the media seems to be on top of it. Normally the consumer would be last in line, but this all depends on the way they she declares herself bankrupt and whoever gets appointed as insolvency practitioner as both businesses are registered as a Proprietorships. These are just my understandings, for proper information contact a insolvency institution.

Yesterday we were at the store in Glasgow and they did remove about a hundred dresses, accessories and shoes. All dresses and items did contain tags with names and contact details. I believe that they were going to sort them by wedding date and then contact the relevant people and get them to pick up the goods from an unknown address, this for obvious reasons. All people present at the store were given a telephone number of a Mr. Michael. You can contact him on the following phone number, but I do want to stress that he only wishes to receive text messages. Please do wait a few days (if you can), as they have a lot of dresses and accessories to sort out. If you want his telephone number then send me a private mail because i do not want to place his telephone number on the internet for all to see. THEY DO NOT WORK FOR CAPRI SKIES! THESE PEOPLE ARE JUST DOING US ALL A HUGE FAVOR!

Wedding Supplier

hi there,
    we at Fine Things Bridal in Port Glasgow sympathise deeply with all brides affected by this situation...we are stockist of Phil Collins Bridal Gowns and have been contacted by Phil and given a list if the brides names and gowns that he still has at his warehouse or on order..... if any of you contact us we will be able to let you know the status of you gown

contact Margaret on 01475 791524 or by email on info@finethings.co.uk

www.finethings.co.uk

Hello girls, just to let you know of a website where they have lots of veils and petticoats in stock. I have just ordered my veil as was let down by yet another shop going bust. If you were lucky enough to get your dress, but let down with a veil or petticoat these are the people to go to. You order online and the lady there was very helpful.

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Eternal-Harmony-UK

Dear All,

Good news for us, My fiancee got a phone call earlier on today and we can come and pick up the dress today! Thank God!

Hope the rest of you will get the same phone call as soon as possible.

Good luck to all!

Regards,

Nick

Hi there

I just read this on Glasgow online and hoped it might help someone here:

Gowns located but no contact numbers

Tracy Syme
    Lorna Spears
    Lisa Scott
    Cat Wallace
    K Little
    Finkerton
    Jacqueline Mc Clemont
    Vicky Marks
    Susan Steel
    Judith O'Donnell
    Shona Mc Donald
    Emily Kelly
    Martha Lajinsky
    Nicola Clark
    Dena Mitchell
    Tina Robertson
    Kelly Neal
    Helena Tate Lavery
    Lora Phillip

If you recognise your name from the list above, please go directly to Panache in Glasgow and retrieve your Gown as soon as possible.
    (0141) 552 5522 - 41 Stockwell Street, Glasgow, G1 4RZ

Smile

interesting stuff. Hope all those affected manage to get things sorted. For those interested, I've posted about this on my blog (www.ceilidhblog.typepad.com)
    Ceilidh Band Scotland (The Jiggers Ceilidh Band)

Wedding Blog (The Jig Blog)

Redefining 'Bridezilla'

QUOTE (suz @ Jun 1 2009, 05:15 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2822"]
    Incase anyone hasn't seen already there is a press release on capriskies.com

I don't believe a word of it.[/b]
    Suz you are quite right not to believe. I was phoned on friday by a member of staff who'd walked out because they'd not received any pay from them. She claimed the owners knew exactly what'd been going on and had been taking bride's money to pay off their house. I turned up to the shop on the friday where a handful of us who'd been called sat in because we weren't being told what was going on. The shop was closed but two unfortunate brides in tears were trying on serveral dresses to find anything as their dresses hadn't turned up and there weddings were that weekend. And PS there were no threats or violence.

The statement has completely twisted the truth of what's happened. Don't believe a word.
    Pammi

I am so delighted to hear that some brides are starting to get their dresses - THANK GOD!

I have been dealing with lots of brides who have been left without dresses & the emotional roller coaster they are experiencing & it's a horrible scenario.

I am sure my fellow bridal shop owners with agree with me when I say we will do everything in our power to help make this better for you & get your day to as near as perfect as it can be by helping find dresses, shoes, veils,tiarsa , petticoats - whatever we can.

Nick is right - 'Mr. Michael ' took action which has now led to many brides getting their dream dress back & he should be highly commended for that! I know exactly who he is & thank god for people like him!!

Hopefully more brides are being reunited with their gowns as we speak.....

Victoria x