Thread: looking forward to getting married but.....

Default looking forward to getting married but.....

I'm also looking forward to getting back to normal and having spare cash again! After almost 2 years of planning I'm glad we're at the final few months, mainly because I'm looking forward to the whole day but also that I can get back to planning normal things and also not feeling guilty about spending money that could go to the wedding! Lol anyone else feeling the same?

Yes me! Sometimes it's not so great passing up a night out for the sake of the wedding fund! However it'll all be worth it in the end, only 4 more months of saving left! X

Super Senior Member

We're now married just over a month and I thought it would be a bit easier however we've just spoken to a mortgage adviser who has informed us that rates for 95% mortgages are shocking and we should try for a 10% deposit. Booo! Back to pinching the pennies for us. Once we have a house though......

:-)

Yes it will be nice to have the extra cash! Xmas is cancelled for us this year or really tight! luckly we both have property so dont have to make that step but hopefully sell both after the wedding to buy somewhere else together.

You read my mind!! I love buying things for the wedding but I feel my H2b and I dont get to go out any more as like you we feel guilty about spending any cash that could be put towards the wedding. My H2b started uni this year so we are even more out of pocket that usual. I am soooo looking forward to the wedding but also soooo looking forward to being able to go away for weekends again, have nights out and dinner out. I dont even want to think about Christmas this year. Bring on next year!! x

Im the same!!! We have booked our honeymoon but it feels ages away! I thought we would manage a few nights away before then but nope, no money!

Can we just cancel christmas this year?! Why did I say I'll cook christmas dinner?! seemed a good idea at the time but after ordering all my M&S food im thinking "why did i do that?!"

Im so looking forward to becoming a Mrs and even more looking forward to not being in my overdraft all the time

nearlymrsT

I feel the same. We just had two weeks off work (managing to have time off together is rare) but we couldn't afford to really do anything, go anywhere. I really could have done with a nice city break but it wasn't to be. Feeling rather pessimistic about xmas because h2b's family are quite materialistic. You think young kids get piles of presents - well their entire family does and the youngest is 23! I've never seen anything like it.

Super Senior Member AnotherMrsBrown's Avatar

We havent been too bad so far but from after Xmas until the wedding in Sept we will be saving (we got PPI money back that covered the venue fully so that was VERY handy!)
    We are then got three months of having extra cash again until Jan 2014 when I want money put away for a house deposit so that will be harder than ever as it will be quite a bit im putting away
    FORUMTICKER.NET Ticker

I totally agree! Although im Christmas daft & I love buying presents so there weren't many pennies added to the wedding fund this month! Looking forward to not getting that horrible feeling when you look at the bank balance halfway through the month & realise you're poor!

its really nice to come on here and read that other B2B are feeling the same in similar areas. I am looking forward to saving not being a must and every penny been put in to the wedding fund. I feel like I have been saving for years and although its all been worth while things that we have saved for it will be nice not to have to save for a while and just do the things we can't really do at the drop of a hat just now.

However, i will be making the most of it for a short time because I would really love to have a baby may be a year after being married to it will be back to saving again in no time at all and so the circle continues. Although I am not complaining and am extremely grateful to be able to save x
    13th July 2013

wedding tickers

Same here clarebear! I cant wait to start a family. It will mean more saving again, but like the wedding it will be totally worth it!
    xx

Super Senior Platinum Member missm2mrsf's Avatar

we have been married 6 months and i was so excited about having money to spend after wedding. but no, what did stupid me go and do, book a holiday for june that has us saving just as much as we were lol! aaahhH! x

I'm feeling EXACTLY the same just now! We never have money for anything and it brings me down sometimes but it will be worth it!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Phew...... its good to hear I'm not alone then! I honestly can't believe xmas is 5 weeks away! Its totally bypassing me this year and what i keep thinking is that after New Year its only two months til our big day! arrrggghhhh

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

we are the same too!! Christmas is going to be a very small, family affair for us this year and sticking to a VERY strict budget i.e. as long as the neices and nephews have prezzies, we're happy!! The adults will just need to look forward to our fab wedding!! LOL xx
    Friday 1st May 2015