Thread: make up

Super Senior Platinum Member Mrs McDermott's Avatar

Default make up

Bobbi Brown make over today was fab! It may well take me the next year and a half to be able to do this myself though!!!! I highly recommend to anyone thinking of doing their own make up to go around all the different make up counters and take advantage of their expertise! You get some really great advice and tips for how to diy on your special day. Mrs McD2b-x-

I went into Frasers yesterday, had a less than successful makeover at the Benefit counter (but it was free and they have some good products, primers etc to make your makeup last). Then saw the bobbi brown girls at work and they looked fantastic, so we've booked that for next weekend, a 1 hour make-up lesson/trial. Can't wait!

Hi vc7 i can highly recommend the bobbi brown counter for loads of tips and advice. Let us know how you get on. Mrs McD2b-x-

Super Senior Member

Glad you got on well! So you going to do your own make up then? Who did you get at the Bobbi Brown counter?

Hey bumblebee think it was rhona? She looked about 14 years old!!! Felt a total numpty saying i dont know how to put eyeshadow on and getting tips from some1 so young bt she gave me loads of great tips and advice:-)))

Mrs McD2b-x-

Super Senior Member

Ah ok that's not the one that did mine then. She was about my age and Italian, think her name was Marie something. She never gave me any advice though (probably cos I said I wasn't doing my own wedding make up) but it would have been really useful as the whole reason I'm not doing my own is cos I can't get my make up to last all day and can't to eye make up to save myself!

Hi Ladies,

Do you need to make an appointment and pay for this?

xx

We had to book in Frasers, 30 for the bride and 20 for the bridesmaid, but that's redeemable against purchases.

Hey Foxy Nikki i made appointment (in Frasers)and was told there would normaly be a 30charge redeemable against any purchases but i only bought a lippy which didnt cost me 30 so i only paid for what i bought. Mrs McD2b-x-

Hey girls, i've now had make up tips from clinique, benefit and Bobbi Brown. Have been advised to also try Mac. Has anyone else had this done at a Mac counter? If so, how was the experience, was it any good? Also are there any other you would recommend?

Mrs McD2b-x-

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McD2b View Post
    Hey girls, i've now had make up tips from clinique, benefit and Bobbi Brown. Have been advised to also try Mac. Has anyone else had this done at a Mac counter? If so, how was the experience, was it any good? Also are there any other you would recommend?

Mrs McD2b-x-
    I had my make up done by Esther at Mac...she was fab. She listened to exactly what we wanted and tried lots of looks and shades until we were happy. She does work freelance, but also still works at Mac counter. Like other counters, if you book 25 appt with Mac, you get this back with any purchase made. She is very reasonable with her prices compared to others I had called and I've booked her again to do my make up for nights out and other weddings I have been to. If you email me donnablair80@hotmail.com, Ill pass on her details