Thread: Table plan

Default Table plan

I want to make my own table plans to tie in with my hand made invitations and order of service, has anyone done this and where did they get the bits and bobs? Specifically a nice big bit of heavy but decorative card as the backing? And what size did you make it?

Any help very gratefully received!

Thanks x

Quote Originally Posted by vc7 View Post
    I want to make my own table plans to tie in with my hand made invitations and order of service, has anyone done this and where did they get the bits and bobs? Specifically a nice big bit of heavy but decorative card as the backing? And what size did you make it?

Any help very gratefully received!

Thanks x
    Hi, I did this for my wedding and for the table plan I bought a large frame from Ikea and bought a large piece of A1 card from my local art shop (I needed to trim it to fit into the frame) to stick on the relevant parts of my table plan. Here's a photo of what I did for mine

My invitations were ivory with orange ribbon, so the frame I painted orange and used the same orange card for the backing of each table. My favour jars had artificial gerberas on the lid and as I had some left over I stuck them to the frame.

In regards to size, I would say that you would want something between A1 and A2 size, depending on whether you decide to use a frame or not.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by weddinggems View Post
    Hi, I did this for my wedding and for the table plan I bought a large frame from Ikea and bought a large piece of A1 card from my local art shop (I needed to trim it to fit into the frame) to stick on the relevant parts of my table plan. Here's a photo of what I did for mine

My invitations were ivory with orange ribbon, so the frame I painted orange and used the same orange card for the backing of each table. My favour jars had artificial gerberas on the lid and as I had some left over I stuck them to the frame.

In regards to size, I would say that you would want something between A1 and A2 size, depending on whether you decide to use a frame or not.

Hope this helps
    Hi

The photo didn't show up but thanks, that's really helpful. I'm in Glasgow later today so I will maybe pop into the art store to look for card. I wasn't sure if I should have one really big table plan or two smaller ones, but there's only 9 tables so one should do it.

I'll ask the wedding co-ordinator at the venue if they have an easel that I can display it on, if not I will pop to Ikea.

Thanks again
    Alison

Talking

I was going to us a wall paper sample, just mount it on card I found a nice on the right colour in b and Q, but I have just seen some one did it on a mirror which I think is nice I may do that, but I don't have to worrie about it just yet!! hope it goes well

We're using a blank atrist canvas and spraypainting it to tie it in with the colour scheme
    Finally Mrs Noble!

Super Senior Platinum Member Mrs McDermott's Avatar

I got a plain canvas for 3. Going to paint it my colour and add my own bits an bobs! Cheap as chips!! I then saw the one mounted on a mirror and fell in love so might just change my mind... Mrs McD2b-x-