Thread: Will you be wearing your veil over your face?

Ros@SWD

The last few weddings I've been to the bride hasn't covered her face during the ceremony - is the idea becoming a bit old-fashioned now... or are you planning to cover up?

QUOTE (Ros@SWD @ Jan 30 2009, 06:41 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=17"]
    The last few weddings I've been to the bride hasn't covered her face during the ceremony - is the idea becoming a bit old-fashioned now... or are you planning to cover up?[/b]
    i am getting married this year - but i dont think i will wear it over my face i think its a little old fashioned. my mum wants me to wear it over but i dont think i will

I'm not wearing one at all - I looked so funny when my mum made me try one on that she agreed (eventually) with me!!

Advertisers Gioia Mia and Pleyel Quartet's Avatar

I wish I'd worn one now (I got married 8 and a half years ago).

I tried an absolutely gorgeous one on with my dress and totally fell in love with it. It was silk tulle...

Anyway, I don't think I would have covered my face.

No Im not waering it over my face either, i think its feels funny like you are being hidden :L

If your H2B suggest you wear it over your face give him a belt for me!!!

Edit: Just realised how ironic this post was considering my avatar!

Haven't totally decided yet but I am a bit of a traditionalist so think I will have it down then let my dad lift it for me before I turn to my fiance. Get a bit emotional thinking about it!

I am a bit stuck on this one - I have an old family veil which I want to wear but it is one single tier so can't come over my face. Only problem is when i went to try on dresses my bridesmaid persuaded me to try it over my face and it certainly adds to the bridal effect! Anyway I do love our family veil - it is cathedral length trimmed with a big thick layer of lace which will match my lace dress, so I am going to try veil and dress together (when my dress eventually arrives!) and make the final decision about it.

Ill be wearing it over my face walking down the isle but thats the only time.

Im not sure yet, i suppose once i have my dress and accessories and know what the veil is like i can decide. Its a wee bit old fashioned but quite traditional too for a lot of people.

im not 100% i dont imagine myself to wear it over my face but ive not tired any dresses or veils on yet so it could be all change xxx

No, i won't be wearing my veil over my face. I don't think it would suit me and I didn't find it too comfortable when I tried it.
    Finally Mrs Noble!

QUOTE (k7aylor @ Feb 6 2009, 12:39 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=337"]
    No, i won't be wearing my veil over my face. I don't think it would suit me and I didn't find it too comfortable when I tried it.[/b]
    I'm wearing a veil but won't be covering up, think this tradition is dying out.
    [/color][color="#000000"]

Wallace Artworks

I was going to, but the place I'd ordered my veil from (same place as my bridesmaids dresses in the States) forgot about it, so no veil. The place I bought my dress from sorted me out with one last minute but it was only a one tier so it couldn't go over my face. I don't think anyone even noticed..... I think the 1 tier look ok, I definately looked more bridal with it on.... I almost looked odd without it in the evening.

Wedding Supplier

Whether you want to be traditional or not is one point, but don't forget that a veil can make for some lovely photos! The moment the veil is lifted from your face, portraits of you through the veil and the veil being blown around in the wind are all beautiful shots.

I'm swithering as just ordered one with two tier. so have the option and can decide on the day. OHHHHH i am getting excited now my dress has came!!

I did for my wedding 5 years ago. but I must admit it was a bit of a faff.

LHG Designs Timeless Style handmade wedding hair accessories, headbands, combs, hairpins, belts, veils and bridal jewellery to treasure. VOWS ACCESSORIES RETAILER OF THE YEAR 2014

I don't think I will. For one reason only, and that is that I have inherited a rather large and valuable embroidered veil (not as thick as a mantilla veil, but along those lines) from my grandmother, and those are not worn over the face.

I want a small 50s style veil / hat thingy to go with my (no yet bought) shorter dress along with some gloves.
    I think it will cover one eye or so but it's more about the look than anything traditional (we are having a humanist ceremony any way).
    Would like to look all demure and hidden - hope my idea looks ok in the end!