Thread: 2014 bride, when / where to start??

Default 2014 bride, when / where to start??

Hi

We have booked to get married March 2014 and dont know when to start planning! How far in advance do you need to book things? Whats the first 5 things you should / have booked (excluding venue) Thanks guys

If you want to have a band, I think that should be your next priority as all the really good bands are booked well in advance. Then photographer/videographer,and the church or celebrant. After that, you can probably relax for a while and sit with your feet up, looking at wedding magazines for ideas. Good luckxl

How exciting!! I would say photographer band videographer that's the way we've done it x

Hiya im getting married Aug 2014, so far got the venue booked, humanist 'nearly' booked and been out trying on dresses lol. Im trying to get the big things in order first and deposits paid so i can relax a bit and have fun organizing the little things. My dads a photographer so he's sorting all that out for me. xx

Senior Platinum Member

i would start booking things as soon as you can really, i got engaged dec 2009, booked venue in nov 2010 and everything else in 2011 - only got kilts to book now with 7 months to go!
    usually suppliers freeze the price for you as soon as you book them, so it can definitely save you quite a bit of money as prices are always on the rise

xx
    Getting Married at Lochside House - 15th June 2013

Hi we got engaged april 2011 and that year we booked the venue, band, videographer, minister and photographer. This year we have booked cake, know what piper we want and have just found my dress and side tiara. have a meeting with a florist in the next few weeks and after christmas plan on paying deposits to these people. Next year its the cars, rings, and bridesmaid dresses, with everythin else ie kilts stationary the last year. We get married 8th november 2014 and its nice to spread out everthing and take time researching,also means we will have less to do the final year and can concentrate on all the little nice things to buy.

Well I have now booked venue, registrar, band, photographer, hair and make up! Booked to go dress shopping and to a wedding fayre start of march for some more ideas! 🌟

We've booked our planner, venues, photographer, and soon our celebrant. I'm not sure what timelines normally look like in Scotland, but we started early because where I am in the states many venues book even two years ahead of time..which is just crazy!! We probably didn't need to start as early, but its nice to get the big decisions out of the way and be able to focus more on the small details.