Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wedding colour scheme - how did you pick yours?

At first I really wanted a vintage feel with dusky links and soft greens, then we booked our venue, which has a real Gaelic feel to it, thistles, deep purples etc, so we're going for purples and maybe some of my original colours thrown into the mix! X

Ours is pink-purples with silver. Based on the colour of heather due to engagment location, and we decided to incorporate it into the wedding, table decorations etc. I know that purple is the most popular colour, but it is what works for us so what the heck!

We are going for a monochrome colour scheme, black, grey/silver and white as all these colours are in h2b's kilt thinking of going for grey/silver bridesmaids dresses x

Hehe, me too

We've gone for H2Bs family tartan - modern Robertson, it's lovely

Im having thistles in my bouquet too

X

Quote Originally Posted by *-suzanne-* View Post
    I am indeed! How could u tell? LOL! I think some people are getting suspicious I work for them I go on about it that much, haha! Just extremely excited and happy!

I love jade green, it was my Gran's favourite colour! What tartan have u gone for? X

Super Senior Member

I'm going for red and white... fell in love with a dress about 10 years ago and have modelled my whole wedding scheme on it lol, luckily I found something similar I love even more!!

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

We based ours around h2b's kilt. Since he's buying it I wanted him to pick his tartan first then choose a colour to suit. He chose a kind of dark red/black kilt so I am having sort of raspberry/wine/red for BMs dresses etc and our centrepieces will have bright tropical colours to tie in but brighten up the room x
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Super Senior Platinum Member SpecialSundae's Avatar

Red was always going to be part of our colour scheme as I love red, but red alone just seemed a little too brash and my bridesmaids didn't want to wear scarlet so we added in a garnet shade to match my jewellery. My dress was gold (that was decided before we got engaged) so we had scarlet, garnet and gold.

Then I wanted a cleaner look for the tables so the centrepieces and tablecloths were white and green with a touch of silver.

Sounds like it wouldn't work, but I think it looked great.
    Fairy Gokmother

Ah well... Having problems with this. We are having a Spring wedding in 2014 in Balbirnie House. The theme is first day of Spring as our date - 21st March - is the first day of Spring! We will have lots of spring flowers - crocuses, tulips, daffodils, cherry blossom and so I am thinking about a combination of lemon and pale/dusky pink with sage green and champagne to be the neutrals that pull it altogether. I think I will have a job getting the bridesmaids to wear lemon so will think about pink, sage or champagne in a 50s vintage style with high/v neck and full skirt. I have seen lovely sage and lace chair ties. I have heard that flowers in March can be pricey so I hoping that using flowers that are in season will keep costs down.

Have I taken in on too much?

Quote Originally Posted by TattooAddict View Post
    Ours is Royal blue, mainly because i 'love' the colour and have wanted this colour scheme since i was about 10yrs old and on a plus side my partner and both our family's are huge Rangers fans so the kilts will be the Rangers tartan which suits perfect xx
    Snap TattooAddict!! Our kilts are Rangers tartan and I love the colour so that is why we have gone with Royal blue and because my H2B wouldn't wear any other tartan!!

xx

Quote Originally Posted by June2013Bride View Post
    Snap TattooAddict!! Our kilts are Rangers tartan and I love the colour so that is why we have gone with Royal blue and because my H2B wouldn't wear any other tartan!!

xx
    Lol same here's h2b and his dad are season ticket holders and our 2 families are huge Rangers fans so it suits xx

nearlymrsT

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialSundae View Post
    Red was always going to be part of our colour scheme as I love red, but red alone just seemed a little too brash and my bridesmaids didn't want to wear scarlet so we added in a garnet shade to match my jewellery. My dress was gold (that was decided before we got engaged) so we had scarlet, garnet and gold.

Then I wanted a cleaner look for the tables so the centrepieces and tablecloths were white and green with a touch of silver.

Sounds like it wouldn't work, but I think it looked great.
    Judging from your photos it did look great! I think having a cleaner look for the tables is a really good idea. I'm trying to do the same, keeping it to black and white with a touch of light gold. H2b doesn't really understand though, he thinks that if the bridesmaids dresses are apple green then everything else has to be, whereas I think too much green would give people a headache! I've told him to trust me

We're having navy and silver though I dont think we ever made a conscious decision on that. We're haing a November wedding (infact it's in 3 days!!!!) so knew a nice bright pink or something would look too summary. We organised stationary before the bridesmaids dresses and when they asked what our colour scheme I just said navy and it's stuck. The silver got in there because our venue provide either gold or silver chair covers and I prefer silver. really glad that what we landed on though, navy suits everyone and judging from friends weddings/blogs/this site is a bit more unusual and I've been trying to steer away from "typically weddingy" as much as I can (nothing wrong with purple bridesmaid dresses but you see them a lot is all Im getting at)

Quote Originally Posted by TattooAddict View Post
    Lol same here's h2b and his dad are season ticket holders and our 2 families are huge Rangers fans so it suits xx
    Both me and H2B are season ticket holders and everybody knows we are Rangers mad so it is only fitting really that we fit something Rangers into the wedding I think folk would be disappointed if we didn't lol! If H2B had his way I would be in a Rangers tartan dress lol! We are having two bridesmaids and he wanted me to put one in blue and other in red and me in white for photos!! I quickly said no to this!

He is just having to settle for Rangers tartan for the men and we are having our tables named after Rangers greatest players! xx

Super Senior Platinum Member MissMartin's Avatar

My colour scheme has kind of evolved....

It started off nautical colours and for my chair ties I wanted navy & white damask.

Then everything changed (mainly due to the venue totally redecorating), took me forever to decide on something new and then eventually I just asked H2b to choose his kilt and it would go from there....

The kilt he chose is black and red, which I am more than happy with...but I still missed my damask chair ties! So we opted for black & white damask chair ties.

So now my colours are red,black & black & white damask.

So it's like I have colours and a pattern? It's got quite a dark/gothic feel to it which is pretty much me these days...

Quote Originally Posted by June2013Bride View Post
    Both me and H2B are season ticket holders and everybody knows we are Rangers mad so it is only fitting really that we fit something Rangers into the wedding I think folk would be disappointed if we didn't lol! If H2B had his way I would be in a Rangers tartan dress lol! We are having two bridesmaids and he wanted me to put one in blue and other in red and me in white for photos!! I quickly said no to this!

He is just having to settle for Rangers tartan for the men and we are having our tables named after Rangers greatest players! xx
    LOL Men eh! Where are you getting the Rangers Tartan Kilts from? xx

Had to be yellow as it's my fave colour we'd originally planned on spring wedding so it would have been perfect then we moved it to September but stuck with the colour scheme.

It's a lovely happy colour and that seems fitting since it's meant to be a happy day!

My BM's are in lemon. Clear crystals and yellow Gerbera for the centrepieces and a few touches of gold, the men are in grey suits with lemon cravats (H2B isn't into kilts).

Lxx

Super Senior Platinum Member FutureMrsAdie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LolaGtobe View Post
    Had to be yellow as it's my fave colour we'd originally planned on spring wedding so it would have been perfect then we moved it to September but stuck with the colour scheme.

It's a lovely happy colour and that seems fitting since it's meant to be a happy day!

My BM's are in lemon. Clear crystals and yellow Gerbera for the centrepieces and a few touches of gold, the men are in grey suits with lemon cravats (H2B isn't into kilts).

Lxx
    That will be gorgeous! Such a lovely fresh colour. Yellow was one of the colours I considered as my husband's tartan has a yellow stripe through it. Some one put me off though as they said it doesn't show up well in photos, but my friend showed me photos of a wedding they were at and the BMs were in lemon and it looked lovely. Septembers one of theose months were any colour would suit the season. I was married in September and have olive green as my colour scheme.

Mrs Adie- olive was our other choice! x

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

Lxx
    Our friends got married in June and their colour scheme was lemon. They had the same as you actually lol - lemon yellow BM dresses and the men wore grey kilts with lemon cravats. It's beautiful - so fresh and it shows up fine in pics! I think the touches of gold will be lovley too. x
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Quote Originally Posted by nicola1walker View Post
    Ah well... Having problems with this. We are having a Spring wedding in 2014 in Balbirnie House. The theme is first day of Spring as our date - 21st March - is the first day of Spring! We will have lots of spring flowers - crocuses, tulips, daffodils, cherry blossom and so I am thinking about a combination of lemon and pale/dusky pink with sage green and champagne to be the neutrals that pull it altogether. I think I will have a job getting the bridesmaids to wear lemon so will think about pink, sage or champagne in a 50s vintage style with high/v neck and full skirt. I have seen lovely sage and lace chair ties. I have heard that flowers in March can be pricey so I hoping that using flowers that are in season will keep costs down.

Have I taken in on too much?
    Sounds lovely! I am getting married this Spring and am doing my own flowers! Daffodil bouquets with supermarket daffodils! The florist couldn't come near them for cheapness as they have to pay a lot to buy in daffodils!x

Super Senior Platinum Member FutureMrsAdie's Avatar

Mrs Adie- olive was our other choice! x
    We must both have good taste then

Super Senior Member Mrs Davis2b's Avatar

I have crystal blue to fit with my beach theme... and flower girls are in ivory... I am in champagne with ivory lace..

Super Senior Member

The more I have organised, the less colour schemey I am going! I am just going to make sure things don't clash. I don't want it to be too matched though.

Hello i did choose mine lol one set of bridesmaid said they wanted purple and my MOH said she was not keen on purple so I picked blue for her and bam my colour scheme was picked! It helps that I'm having a Scottish theme also so fitted in well!! Never worry about the colour scheme as its normally come when you least expect it

I'm having blue and yellow. Getting married in May which is on the cusp of spring and summer and I felt these colours were quite sunny and cheerful. Also 2 of my fav colours. Not at all fussy about everything matching so have several different shades of blue - my bridesmaids have navy blue dresses, my husband-to-be has a lighter blue in his kilt, there's royal blue ruches for H2B and best man and my dad's suit, midnight blue chair sashes. The yellow will come with the flowers at the venue and my bridesmaids are having yellow gergeras. I'm having a mixture of blue, yellow and white flowers in my bouquet. My stationery follows same colour scheme.