Thread: Oh Silly silly me!

Default Oh Silly silly me!

There was me forgetting that my wedding day is actually to do with everyone else in my family and actually nothing to do with me and H2B!

I'm all for opinions but when those opinions are just too forced then it really annoys me. I got my fringe cut back in after growing it out. Now I really like it and I know I can still have a few different wedding hair styles to try but honestly from the look on my sisters face you'd have thought I had shaved my head completely!

Oh and when I mentioned I wanted to have black sparkly nails on the day they almost had a heart attack! Why is it some people expect you to suddenly change who you are for your wedding day. I'm getting married not changing who I am. Arrgghh! Its just so tiring to have all your ideas batted down and for them to expect you to 'conform' to they're idea of a bride!

Rant and a half over! lol

nearlymrsT

I feel your pain, but do you know what the best solution is? Tell people NOTHING! Keep everything to yourself or between you and h2b. I've had a very peaceful few months since I stopped telling certain family members about our plans. It reduces the stress significantly x

Super Senior Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nearlymrsT View Post
    I feel your pain, but do you know what the best solution is? Tell people NOTHING! Keep everything to yourself or between you and h2b. I've had a very peaceful few months since I stopped telling certain family members about our plans. It reduces the stress significantly x
    I agree with Nearly Mrs T keep the details to yourself thats what I am now doing. I only really share little bits that are not important.

Black nails with your dress will be amazing (just ignore her) X

Yep ladies! How right you are! No more details from now until the big day (only 4 months now!). H2B has just said the same thing to me and he thinks black nails will be fab! I think I will need to cut down on the visits to my family as well as they just annoy the hell out of me these days! lol

Super Senior Platinum Member

Some people are more interested than others and I sometimes think I am boring people but I really don't care as it is mine and h2b's big day.

Sadly I lost my mum a few years ago but I have been out with my aunt her sister today doing wedding things and she has been amazing. She is loving helping me with the planning as she has 2 sons.

My motto is Keep Calm and Carry on x

Totally agree with the others - keep everything to yourself. It's what I'll be doing! I can't share anything with my mum or sisters without it being rubbished. It's driving OH crazy because it upsets me.

It's you & your OH's wedding, not theirs. Like you say, you can respect their opinion but they have to do the same to you.

I completely agree too! Bet your nails will look fab! X