Thread: Not a happy post I know but need the advice

Default Not a happy post I know but need the advice

This is my first and probably last post here but I could do with some advice if any one has experience of wedding insurance claims? I was due to be married next September and had booked band venue and flowers and paid deposits. Unfortunately my partner left me for another woman yesterday and has been merrily allowing me to book wedding things while cheating on me. So my question is how easy is it to make claims on wedding insurance and soes anyone know if you can claim if infidelity is the reason? I know everyone will say to look at the documents but I can't face it yet and just wanted a quick heads up if anyone knows.

Thanks

I'm afraid I can't help with the insurance info but didn't want to read and run! Can't imagine how you are feeling just now, but just try keep our chin up and know that you deserve better! Hopefully someone in here will be able to help out.xx

Oh heck, I don't know for sure about the insurance - some policies only pay out due to failure of suppliers, while other policies might pay out because of infidelity, can't tell you for sure. Could someone you trust call your insurer and just ask outright if their policy pays out in these circumstances? Sorry, that's all I have I'm afraid but didn't want to read and run at a sad time. There's really nothing I can say that'll fix this, but please know that I (and likely all the other ladies on these boards) are thinking of you and sending all our good thoughts your way.

Sorry you're in this situation but you will be extremely lucky to find an insurer who covers this sort of situation.

Really sorry to hear about what you're going through. I'd be lying to say for sure if insurance companies would pay out for this, but truthfully I'd be surprised if they did. When was your wedding booked for? Perhaps you could apply to your supplier's better nature? Assuming they have sufficient time to re-book the date they might come and go with you a bit.

Please keep your chin up and take care of yourself.

Emma x

Super Senior Platinum Member SpecialSundae's Avatar

What an a$$hole! You poor thing!

Unfortunately, wedding insurance is unlikely to pay out, but you could make him pay for the wedding expenses incurred.
    Fairy Gokmother

Oh dear my heart goes out to you.

I have been looking at wedding insurance myself and I havent seen one that covers one party pulling out of the day. I would contact your suppliers as soon as possible (or get a family/friend to) as venue contraxts particularly can have increased cancellation costs as the date nears. I know it will be hard but dont let him hurt you more than he has. Agree with Specialsundae demand some if not all the money from him.

Xx
    When love feels like magic, you call it destiny.
    When destiny has a sense of humour you call it Serendipity

Couldn't possibly condone this course of action, however a very close friend of mine had something similar happen 6 weeks before her wedding when her fiancÚ just upped and left. After her upset gave way to rage she phoned all her suppliers telling them he'd passed away suddenly so wouldn't be requiring their services any more. She got about 80% of her money (she had paid for it all herself) back. This was about 10 years ago however, people might have been more trusting then however.

If nothing else, I hope you're reassured you're not the only one this has happened to. X

Super Senior Member

I can't help with the wedding insurance but I didn't want to read and run. First of all, what a xxxxxxxx he is ( I will let you fill in the blanks) and my heart really goes out to you. I hope you are ok and make sure you surround yourself with your close family and friends to help to through this. Lots of hugs sent your way xx

Like the others I didn't want to read and run, how awful for you, my heart goes out to you. I'd be tempted to appeal to the suppliers better nature too and hope they will be understanding in the circumstances, especially if they can fill your date. Try and stay positive and you will find someone else some day who is much more deserving of you! X

Quote Originally Posted by FH4AM View Post
    Like the others I didn't want to read and run, how awful for you, my heart goes out to you. I'd be tempted to appeal to the suppliers better nature too and hope they will be understanding in the circumstances, especially if they can fill your date. Try and stay positive and you will find someone else some day who is much more deserving of you! X
    Exactly what I was going to write. Surly they will have the heart for a situation like this.
    Take your time with everything.
    What a xxxxxxx etc!
    Good luck with everything x

Wot an ass he is and as much as ur hurtin now,i'm sure u'll b glad u found out now rather than have paid it all or worse, been married 2 him then find out......stay strong and i'm sure u'll find someone who deserves u xx

Platinum Member

Sorry to hear this, what a horrible man, might not seem this way now but you have had a lucky escape from him! I would talk to your suppliers, some if not all may be willing to help you out. Take care and good luck xxx

Super Senior Platinum Member FutureMrsAdie's Avatar

First of all, my heart goes out to you. How awful. It truely amazes me how human beings can act in such a disgusting manner. I know everyone will tell you youre better off without him and you are but I guess it wont make you feel any better about it. I dont know about insurance policies as I didnt take one out for my wedding. My friend cancelled her wedding after splitting up with her partner. There was no cheating involved it just wasn't working out. When she called all the suppliers to inform them some of them sympathised with her and offered to refund her deposits. It really depends on the supplier but it's worth a try. It would take a really heartless person to not sympathise with you in this situation but at the end of the day they are running a business. We're all here for you if you need support and our thoughts are with you. Another girl on the forum had to cancel her wedding when her fiance decided it wasn't what he wanted to do. She posted recently and is doing well. You will get past this and life will get a little easier everyday.
    Xxx

I am so sorry to hear that what a ******.... As the others have said i think the suppliers surely should sympathize with your situation. I really hope it all works out for you, chin up xxx

I wanted to send some hugs to you, and agree with what the others said. I once cancelled a wedding with only a couple of months to go, and while the insurance didn't cover it, we did get most of the money back when I explained the circumstances. I really hope you get some success, you deserve better than him.

So sorry to hear this. Like many of the others, I dont know much about insurance, but its certainly worth a damn good shot to appeal to their better nature, good luck with it. Keep your chin up, try to stay strong, and you'll get through it. We're all here for you xxxx

Super Senior Member

Can’t help with the insurance question either but also wanted to say how sorry i was to read your post.

As others have suggested maybe you could get a friend or relative to speak to your insurance company and suppliers. I'd think it best to get it over and done with sooner rather than latter. You don’t want to incur further costs if your insurance won’t pay out.

Super Senior Member AnotherMrsBrown's Avatar

As the others have said - Sorry to hear about what has happened to you.

Unfortunately insurance wont pay out for these reasons - they cover suppliers failure/going bust etc. Again as the others have mentioned I would speak to the venue and suppliers and advise of the situation, as they have some time left they may get new bookings and give you the deposits back. I would get someone close to you to call around and you can concentrate on yourself without the extra stress xx
    FORUMTICKER.NET Ticker

Super Senior Member

That's awful I'm so sorry :-( I agree with everyone else saying to appeal to the suppliers though. It's still a good way off so they can likely get the date refilled. They'd be pretty horrid to refuse you I would have said. xxx