Thread: Wedding Diet

Ok ladies, i wan't to loose a few pounds (as do all brides!!) nothing to drastic. But my problem is when should i start wedding not tell april next year? And anybody reccommned any particular diet? _bearing in mind there is no possiable way I can like on lettuce! :P

Well I have been rubbish at getting my finger out for losing weight and now decided to try Herbalife meal replacements - drastic but it will kick me up the bum and get me on track again....wedding end july so not much time for me!

MrsC2b

Hi,

I started the scottish slimmers diet last April and have lost just over 4 stone, I found it really easy and have managed to keep the weight off.

QUOTE (MrsC2b @ Mar 1 2009, 12:23 AM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1107"]
    Hi,

I started the scottish slimmers diet last April and have lost just over 4 stone, I found it really easy and have managed to keep the weight off. [/b]

I would recommend weight watchers points, its really easy to follow, a few years ago i was a lot heavier and it really worked, my sister is doing it now and has lost a stone and a half since xmas.
    Finally Mrs Hendry

I would recommend Weight Watchers - I lost over 3 stone in less than a year - I will admit that I slipped back into bad habits and it's taken me almost 4 years to put that 3 sonte back on! - However I'm not getting married until next summer, but have started earlier - having lost half a stone in 4 weeks.

Hi There!
    I lost 3 stone a few years back on Scottish Slimmers, found it really easy to stick to.

Although I've put it all back on over the last two or three years, (plus more since I quit smoking last September!!!) BOOOO.

I have recently signed up for weight watchers online.
    It looks quite good, although hope I can stick to it without the prospect of getting weighed by someone every week!

Looks good though - loads of recipies and online weight trackers, so hopefully it'll work! DO NOT want to feel fat and flabby in my wedding dress!

Good luck with whatever method you choose!
    x

QUOTE (MrsC2b @ Mar 1 2009, 12:23 AM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1107"]
    Hi,

I started the scottish slimmers diet last April and have lost just over 4 stone, I found it really easy and have managed to keep the weight off. [/b]
    WELL DONE!!!

I've tried a few diets and always seem to get through a few weeks and then fall back into bad habits. A friend once said to me that you shouldn't 'go on a diet' you should 'have a diet' With that in mind, I would recommend a healthy balanced diet, with plenty of exercise. Maybe join a gym that you pay monthly, meaning you're much more likely to go. Don't deprive yourself of the things you really enjoy though, everything in moderation.

Good luck
    x

Advertisers Gioia Mia and Pleyel Quartet's Avatar

I agree. Maybe it's becoming aware of exactly what you're eating, in what quantities, when (and in what state of mind, if you think that that might play a part in it).

Then working out a healthy diet, which includes lots of things that you like eating, but in the right proportion (i.e. not all chocolate, crisps and coke, but having them occasionally, as a treat).

On a practical level, I would try and cut out pre-prepared food (like sarnies and ready cooked meals). They tend to have a lot of salt, sugar and fat in them.

You could learn to make your favourite things at home, rather than buying them pre-prepared. That way you know exactly what's gone into them. I love curries, and my hubby makes the most amazing, scrummy curries. They're really healthy, as they're basically vegetables with chicken or fish, or vegetables with something like chickpeas. There's not really much fat in them at all (just a smidgin to start it all off with, and we don't do the clarified butter thing). Plus, if you have some dinner left over from the night before, you could take that in with you as your lunch.

Oh, and walking...great exercise! Seriously, if you can walk to or back from work (especially now that the weather is much nicer and the evenings lighter), it'll make a difference.

And if you hate the gymn thing (like me), try some dance classes. There's a huge choice of different types and I was really fit when I was going to mine, without even noticing I was doing loads of exercise.

Hope that helps

Hi Everyone - I can't diet - i love my food too much but i have found a keep fit class that has totally changed my body shape - Body Pump. Doing two classes a week and within 6 wks started to see results, everything is a lot firmer and toned.

Just thought i'd share x

I want to lose a few pound and tone up not too much though. First of all I bought my wedding dress and found a designer (Maggie Sottero) that gave me a waist!! and made my shape look good. This way if I don't lose any weight then I will still look good.

I then joined slimming world where you have green days and red days. Green where you eat as much pasta rice and potatos as you want and red days where you eat as much meat as you want. There is little counting and measuring involved which I found great cos I was always hungry on weight watchers due to the fact I had to count everything. I have also changed the way I eat to becoming more healthy.

Good luck and hope you find something that works for you.

Gill

I went to Weight Watchers a few years ago and found it good. I went back last October but decided that it's more toning up that I need so joined a gym in January and really enjoy it. My b/maids are both at Scottish Slimmers and they think it's fab!

As well as the dreaded 'diet', I've also taken up jogging with Jog Scotland, been there 12 weeks now and I love it, can already feel myself more toned too which is a bonus. I'm on WW at the mo, only lost 8 pounds so far but apparently muscles weighs more than fat :P xx

I went down the route of weight watchers and more dog walking!

I have lost about a stone and a half which has made a huge difference to my dress - it is now over a size too big! Only thing is that since trying on my dress and realising it is now too big I have started eating badly again (especially with Easter chocolate) so at this rate the dress will be too small again soon!

Must get back to the fruit and veg xxx

Super Senior Member

After going home for Easter and weighing myself, I decided to aim to lose about a stone. So as soon as I arrived back at my flat, I went to the supermarket and filled my trolley with lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, apples, bananas, pears, tins of pineapple, ryevita type stuff, bottles of multivitamin juice and still water, etc. SO, now that that's all I bought, that's all I eat. I have been eating fruit and fibre for breakfast, sometimes with chopped banana, then 2 apples on the 2 breaks I get in work, then a salad for lunch, then the rest of the salad with some sesame ryevita type things for dinner. If I get hungry in between, or at night, I can have a banana, or a pear, or ryevita with peanut butter, or philadelphia light, or cheese.
    Salads can be varied, sometimes with apple, sometimes with pineapple, sometimes with cheese, with tuna, with olive oil, or a little mayo...

Don't get me wrong, I haven't cut out everything else completely - I went out for dinner on Friday night and ordered a mushroom pizza! But then I only managed to eat half of it so took the other half home and had it for lunch the day after! And I've also indulged in one or two slices of cake, and the occasional Dime bar, because I love them.

But it's only been about a week, and I feel better and healthier already, even though I've probably only lost about a pound! Oh, and I also bought lemons so I can slice them up to make still water a bit more interesting (and healthy)!
    It's the little things though, and once you get into the habit of coming home and making a salad, especially now the weather is a bit better, it becomes natural. I've not "banned" anything, I've just not bought any bread, sweets, ready meals etc so if there's none here, I can't eat them!

I've lost weight in the past with Scottish Slimmers. I lost just over four stone in 10 months. It's really easy and you still get to eat what you enjoy (in moderation!)

That was about two years ago and I've put about 1.5 stone back on. (I was going to the gym to keep it off but had a few months there that I couldn't go regularly enough!) I'm back to using the Scottish Slimmers plan and I've been reading Gillian McKeith's wedding countdown book. She gives loads of tips for what to eat to improve your skin, hair, nails and general well being. I'm trying to include some of the tips in my Scottish Slimmers calorie allowance. Complex but I want to be back to my ideal weight and look healthy!

I've been considering using that Lipobind for a month to give me a kick start with the weight loss. Has anyone tried it?

Problem is H2B has a metabolism to die for! He can eat chocolate for breakfast and not put on an ounce!

x

I've lost 2 stone on weight watchers in under a year, it's actually quite easy because you can really have anything you like (within reason of course!) I would definitely recommend it!

x
    16th July 2011 - hurry up!

I lost half a stone in 3 weeks doing weightwatchers, I bought the starter pack from the website with the 'shop', 'eat out' and 'track' books. I then went on holiday and put some back on but I have started the plan again.

I also did the Moonwalk last year, walking a marathon. When training for that I didnt lose any weight but dropped a dress size, an hour's brisk walk 3 times a week is quite easy to do and makes a big difference.