Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tablet

Default Tablet

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend a good site to buy Tablet for wedding favours?
    Thanks!

Super Senior Member

Have you considered making your own? You can get microwave recipes online that would work out a lot cheaper and you just stick it in a bowl and stir rather than worrying about doing it in a pot

Sorry I can't help with a supplier otherwise.

L x

We are thinking about a trip to Costco to see what bulk things we could use for the wedding, especially for favour ideas.

I would recommend googling or contacting local bakers as they can normally provide you with tablet at a cost per tray and you simply cut it up and put it into bags/boxes. And at least if its local, you could perhaps go sample some tablet (and other bakery goods) to make sure it meets your standard

Dawn from tablet kisses, based in Glasgow! Great prices and amazing tablet! Used her for wedding favours and again since for tablet for gifts x

Thanks! I have attamepted to make it myself and after 5 batches, although there has been improvement on every batch I just can't ssem to get it quite right, its too soft as opposed to hard and crumbly. I haven't tried a microwave version right enough! I never thought of contacting local bakers, thats a good idea. I will google Dawn too! Thanks

I highly recommend the microwave tablet! Recipe kindly donated by thistle88:

500g caster sugar
    50g butter (i'd recommend Lurpak)
    small tin (170g) evaporated milk (49p from B&M stores)
    Method: Just whack all the ingredients in a microwaveable bowl together - make sure the bowl has high sides tho as it will froth up when it is cooking.... Cook on high power - then after a couple of minutes give it a stir to mix the butter through... stir another few times while it is cooking and then when its pings just give it a good final stir through and pour into a well-greased tin to set...
    Takes literally 12mins and then about an hour to set

x

Have a look at www.bordertablet.co.uk. I had a sample of their tablet at the secc wedding fair and it was lovely. Im sure they do around 200 dainty pieces for around 13. x

I can second this! tasted this as well at the secc tooo....beautiful tablet!!

Fairy Dust Celebrations.....my cuz and I tried her tablet at Debenhams Wedding Weekend. Was buttery and not too sweet, yum x Ah, the benefits of being a bridesmaid x

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lorilainey View Post
    I highly recommend the microwave tablet! Recipe kindly donated by thistle88:

500g caster sugar
    50g butter (i'd recommend Lurpak)
    small tin (170g) evaporated milk (49p from B&M stores)
    Method: Just whack all the ingredients in a microwaveable bowl together - make sure the bowl has high sides tho as it will froth up when it is cooking.... Cook on high power - then after a couple of minutes give it a stir to mix the butter through... stir another few times while it is cooking and then when its pings just give it a good final stir through and pour into a well-greased tin to set...
    Takes literally 12mins and then about an hour to set

x
    I tried this and WOW!! Awesome tablet and in no time at all! I think I'll be practising my little heart out so I can make my own favours! LOL ...have to give my practise tablet away though because my H2B is diabetic! xx
    Friday 1st May 2015

I am so glad folk have got chance to use the recipe - i was so pleasantly surprised when i made it and it worked first time!!! My thought about using it for favours... not sure if it will work tho... but pouring the tablet into some kind of mould??? maybe an ice-cube tray or some kind of tray with heart shapes??? something like that to make it all perfectly shaped??? havent had the chance to try yet!!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Harajuku80 View Post
    I tried this and WOW!! Awesome tablet and in no time at all! I think I'll be practising my little heart out so I can make my own favours! LOL ...have to give my practise tablet away though because my H2B is diabetic! xx

Thanks again thistle88, it really is fab, I made 2 batches, and then went and bought 8 x tins of the evaporated milk from B&M stores - estimated that should do 75 guests, as each batch does around 10 people i'd say (in the treasure chest favour boxes I've got anyway).

Harajuku80, your post made me laugh, i'm diabetic too (the worst diabetic in the world i might add), and i scoffed at least half of the tablet, whoops!

x

i wish the forum had a like button!!! lol :-)

Quote Originally Posted by lorilainey View Post
    Thanks again thistle88, it really is fab, I made 2 batches, and then went and bought 8 x tins of the evaporated milk from B&M stores - estimated that should do 75 guests, as each batch does around 10 people i'd say (in the treasure chest favour boxes I've got anyway).

Harajuku80, your post made me laugh, i'm diabetic too (the worst diabetic in the world i might add), and i scoffed at least half of the tablet, whoops!

x

Quote Originally Posted by thistle88 View Post
    i wish the forum had a like button!!! lol :-)

I totally agree! All too many times I've wished that x

Platinum Member

Wow, this sounds great. I didn't want to have favours at all but H2B insists you have to at a Scottish wedding so we are.. and we're having tablet as I wanted to have something we could do ourselves and put some time and effort into. But the recipes I have seen online seem quite scary when they talk about boiling points and 20 mins constant stirring.

I think this will be my task for the weekend! Thanks ladies x

Created by Wedding Favors

Thanks!!! I'll be giving this a go - anything to save a little cash xx

Super Senior Member

I’m not going to worry about favours until next year butI’ve seen the microwave recipe for tablet so often on here I think I’m just have to give it a go!

I'm in the process of making some just now- it's at the cooling and setting stage, but it appears to have gone to plan! I LOVE tablet, but I've never made it before because it always seemed like such a daunting process. This microwave version is fab. I was planning to make cupcakes as my favours, but I may now change to tablet- or perhaps a combo of both! Thanks for sharing!

Super Senior Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTaylor2be View Post
    I'm in the process of making some just now- it's at the cooling and setting stage, but it appears to have gone to plan! I LOVE tablet, but I've never made it before because it always seemed like such a daunting process. This microwave version is fab. I was planning to make cupcakes as my favours, but I may now change to tablet- or perhaps a combo of both! Thanks for sharing!
    Was your tablet a success? I'm thinking of trying this recipe for my favours? X

Yes- it worked a treat and was so easy, as well as being super cheap! H2B gave it the seal of approval and we're definitely going to make some for our wedding. He took a batch to his work today- his colleagues all loved it. You should definitely give it a go Mrs Armour

Going to try to make it tomorrow x

i found it cooks better in a glass bowl just for info, for some reason the plastic bowl seems to make it come out weird... dunno why!!!!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle88 View Post
    i found it cooks better in a glass bowl just for info, for some reason the plastic bowl seems to make it come out weird... dunno why!!!!! :-)
    Good tip - thanks x

just make sure its a deep bowl too - or keep a close eye on it so it doesnt boil over the top... be a nightmare to clean!!! :-)