Thread: Brooch Bouquet - help please

Default Brooch Bouquet - help please

Hi, wondering if some of you lovely ladies/gents can help me.

I've read various posts on here and been searching diy blogs etc online but I'm currently at a bit of a lost place in my diy attempt.

I really want a Brooch bouquet, its going to be all new brooches, silver and pearl with some colour pins in purple through it. I've bought I'd say about 20ish brooches so far and have wired them - with florists wire and covers the wire in tape. the are holding pretty well but I can't seem to get them to stay in a bouquet shape. I've tried using a bridesmaid size bouquet of foam roses for the base but it didn't work. away this weekend to try using styrofoam balls to try hold the shape - got the idea from a blog.

Just wondering if anyone can give me tips on how to make it sit in a bouquet shape, I don't really want to see any of the base - if i was to use flowers as i don't really like flowers.

I tried to order this through a local supplier, eventually managed to arrange a meeting - in July and I'm still waiting on a price yet she keeps updating her Facebook page with details of offers etc - totally unimpressed with her lack of customer service and really want to let her know - definitely wouldnt recommend her unless you are very laid back and could cope with her style.

I'm not the most crafty of person - my DIY is usually house hold things - and I'm beginning to really regret starting but I know that it must be possible and it is the only thing I want to have as my bouquet!

Hoping someone can help out a very novice DIY bride out.

Thanks
    AlmostMrsM xx

I made mine - http://www.scottishweddingdirectory....-complete!-%29

What kind of shape are you hoping for?

What I ended up doing was picking the piece i wanted in the centre and working out the way. It was a bit of a fuss getting it all arranged the way i wanted, ended up havin my mum hold it for me, and i built it up a bit at a time. I also had different colours so needed to spread them fairly evenly as well.

another tip after looking at other 'how to' websites, try making smaller individual bunches of say maybe 5/6 and then put them together.

Duct tape was my best friend! lol

Good Luck! remember to post some pics!!

forgot, after id positioned everything, i filled in the underside with artificial hydrangeas to fill in any gaps. and then made a nice frill collar out of white fabric. Heres the finished product......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	7052

I made mine and used a hydrangea head to help hold the shape, it kind of poked through but I could have over lapped the brooches more. There's a picture of it here http://www.mcookphotography.co.uk/bl...at-gean-house/ about 5 pictures in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ld_0049.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	7056
    Last edited by Leanney265; 29-09-2012 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Edit to ad picture

Thanks for your replies girls! both your bouquets are lovely and very similar to what i'm going for. I'm aiming for a simple smallish round posey kind of shape. I think I might need to get my mum involved in the process as think it might be a lack of hands that is making harder. Will definitely post some pictures one I manage to make them into something haha! xx