Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Weight loss for wedding !!!

Just weighed today and thats 11 1/2 lbs in 5 weeks so nice big happy face xxxx

Super Senior Platinum Member MissMartin's Avatar

Anyone link food to their emotions? I've had quite a difficult day...emotions are running high.....for some reason I just want to stick chocolate in my face! Trying my best to fight it.....

Yes MissMartin! Except im the opposite. The more stressed/upset I am the less I eat. Hoping to get REALLY stressed before the wedding Luckily work has been really stressful the last few weeks, and very busy so even though im injured & can't run im still keeping my weight down.

Had my weigh in this week and I havent lost any pounds but my body fat has came down 1.9% in two weeks. I dont know if it is the type of exercises I am doing but the weight on the scales doesnt seem to come down much. Also lost an inch from chest but stayed same hips/waist

Super Senior Member

Ive cut out all the crap. Dont drink alcohol, fizzy juice, no caffeine, tried to eat from a smaller plate to reduce portion sizes and have been walking up and down my back stairs (about 420 each time) 3 or 4 days a week but havent lost a thing!! Thats been about 4 weeks. Ive had treats now and again but nothing major... Totally unfit but thought the stairs would have helped to shift even a little bit. Just had thyroid tests and all were clear

Loubey_lou....have you tried calorie counting to see how much you are taking in? Myfitnesspal is great for getting into the swing of things and letting you know how much what you are eating is containing....it could be that you are eating foods that appear to be healthy but are calorie-daft?

If you sign up we could have a look at your food diary to see if there is anything sticking out that could be changed.

(says the girl who had macaroni cheese last night!)

Ladies - I am delighted I came across this thread!

I ordered my dress back in June but because of the style it is made to measure... I get married in October 2013 but have been told by the bridal shop that I HAVE to be the size I want to be on my wedding day by March when I go in for my measurements to be taken!!

So I have 1 stone to lose at least by March 2013 and I hope this thread keeps me motivated - along with thinking of the dress... Always imagining the dress!! ;-)

I am going to join this to keep me motivated. I'm not getting married til July 2014 but obviously want to start trying on dresses next year. Feeling pretty hopeless about losing weight just now as it just takes so LONG and I'm so impatient! Want to lose at least 2 stone, ideally 3. Blah.

Using the MyFitnessPal app to track what I'm eating. Exercising is tricky as I'm not allowed to do a lot of things e.g. yoga, running, zumba etc because my joints are in pretty rubbish condition. Pilates & swimming is about all I can do but I hate people seeing me in a swimming costume. I know this is really vain but it's still rotten!

Quote Originally Posted by MissMartin View Post
    (says the girl who had macaroni cheese last night!)
    MissMartin I make lovely mac & cheese I changed a wee bit from a WW book Instead of a normal white sauce with butter etc, use 300ml milk and (I think) a tablespoon of cornflour. And use half fat cheese and wholewheat pasta!

Having a tough day today with caffeine withdrawals. I don't drink a lot of caffeine but it's been 1 1/2 days since my last cup of coffee & I feel rubbish today.

On the other hand I managed to resist temptation of sweets & cakes in the officer so far & went to a running club last night & did not too bad for a beginner!

Just gotta keep thinking of that dress!!

40 length swim tonight, went for a sauna afterwards and burnt my legs, couldn't jump off the bench quick enough. That'll teach me to check the temperature in future!

Super Senior Member

So I have made it through my first 4 days of no chocolate or haribo. Very proud of myself as I haven't really had any cravings either. Been to the gym twice this week too. Trying to take it easy as I'm still really run down
    No idea if I have lost any weight, I don't own a set of scales or I would never be off of them. I was quite chuffed the other day though, put a pair of size 12 suit trousers on and they were too big at the thighs. My large hips make me an in between size which is awkward

First week is done though. Only 6 months, 3 weeks and 2 days til the big day xx

Cant wait to have sme chocolate and star mix over the weekend

Going down to my friends house to stay tonight and she's making pizza's for us. I'm going to need to either have a small amount, or just go for it and enjoy myself.

I've declined the offer of wine.....going to take some vodka and diet coke instead....hopefully only have one or 2 and not end up drinking loads!

Joined a 2nd gym this morning (Bannatynes in Falkirk will be my main one), but joined The Hub in the Wyndford in Maryhill for when I stay over at my parents. 4 for 3 months!!!! 16 for the full year, plus 1 for the induction - that extra 1 might break the bank I havent been to it yet, but for 1.30-odd a month, who's fussed, as long as it has a treadmill.

Just been healthy eating for 2 weeks, and been for 2 x 40-length swims this week, will do 2 intense workouts both days at the weekend, and then starting Slimming World plan on monday - not going to classes, but 2 women in work do it, and are like ambassadors of it, so theyre going to do a class with me every Monday. I'm actually looking forward to weigh-in this week

How are you all doing?

xx

Oo I'm liking this....I'm planning on starting the Dukan Diet this weekend...I can't lose weight unless I exercise aswell as eat healthy so for the last 10 months (okay with a couple of months off) I've been trying to lose my first target of 1 stone and today I met my target...woohoo!!....yes its taken me 10 months so I'm slightly envious of you girls who have lost loads in a shorter time but in all seriousness well done girls!!!
    From Jan to May I worked hard at classes and pretty healthy diet and lost half a stone then started again July till now to lose another half a stone, since July I went to the gym first thing in the morning, nothing much was happening weight wise, I was lucky if I lost 3lbs but in the last couple of weeks I've upped my training to include some night classes, it seems to be helping so far.
    I would like to lose another half a stone by xmas tho, our wedding isn't until next year but I'd like to lose it quicker as its really frustrating me lol
    but I think this will be the hardest part so hopefully the kick start from the Dukan Diet will help me along....if it doesn't I think I'll give up and binge for the rest of my life lol!!

Uploaded my weight loss ticker from myfitnesspal onto my signature...

That now means that whenever I post, you ladies will see what ive lost and I honestly think it will keep me focused!

Super Senior Member

Thats me just back from a 2hr boxing class and I feel horrendous........in a good way. My arms feel like dead weights lol. I am up at 5.15am for work tomorrow, think I will be crawling out of bed. No pain, no gain I guess

15lbs down, many more to go! Here's to the next stone!!! X

Super Senior Platinum Member

Well ladies back at ww today and as I've not been for 6 weeks there was no surprise that I had put in. I am now back on the straight and narrow and going to track and count. X

Hows everyone doing?

This is the start of day 15 for me and as you can see from my ticker, I've lost 2lbs so far. Im using myfitnesspal and it seems to come off at a rate of a pound a week for me. At first I found it strange and wondered if its really any good for me. Since doing a bit of digging though...I've found out that shorties like myself using it (4ft11) tend to lose smaller amounts of weight. I've worked out my BMI and if I get down to 8 1/2 stone then that will me be out of the 'overweight' catergory. I do think however, any smaller than that and I will look ill! So 24lbs to go.....if I can keep losing my pound a week then I should be at goal weight by Feb/March next year.

I'll just have that thing they like to call xmas to get out the way....... .

Well done everyone

Today was my weigh in day - lost 8 pounds this week, delighted especially considering I had booked a gym induction at The Hub for last wednesday, and the guy who was scheduled to do the induction didnt bother to turn up Rescheduled for this wednesday, fingers crossed.

Anyone got any good quick recipes this week?

x

Loving this thread. I have downloaded the fitnesspal again. I forgot I had it on my htc which was stolen!
    So it's on the iPad and I'm up for doing the fitness demos which are on YouTube instead of buying a DVD ( plus I have nothing to play them on)
    I'll let you know if I come across a good one x

Super Senior Member

So far, I'm doing well not eating crap . Still on my gluten free diet and only eating chocolate and haribo once a week. I think I have lost a bit of weight (H2B seems to think I'm getting smaller but says this when he is cuddling me lol), dont know how much though because I refuse to weigh myself (I would become obsessed with doing it).

Trying to go to the gym but I have come down with the cold again!!! I dont have a good immune system.

Plan is to do my 2hr boxing class once a week and gym it (weights and 10 mins cardio for 1 hour) another once or twice a week. Its difficult cos I work shifts but we will see xx

Mrskerr2be

I have no time to get to the gym so I'm cancelling my membership.

I've ordered more Jillian Michaels dvd's given that I lost 13inches in total in 30 days with her 30 day shred.

Going to start Ripped in 30 once I get heavier weights, and then do a mix of her dvds (maybe the 30 day slimdown program) and then mix those with my pilates dvd's when I get time to keep it varied.

Quote Originally Posted by lawmummy View Post
    I have no time to get to the gym so I'm cancelling my membership.

I've ordered more Jillian Michaels dvd's given that I lost 13inches in total in 30 days with her 30 day shred.

Going to start Ripped in 30 once I get heavier weights, and then do a mix of her dvds (maybe the 30 day slimdown program) and then mix those with my pilates dvd's when I get time to keep it varied.
    13 inches in 30 days?! Amazing- cue me logging onto Amazon...