Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight loss for wedding !!!

Default Weight loss for wedding !!!

Been having a look and cant find a recent thread for weight loss so thought id start a new one

Thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for anyone wanting to or currently losing weight for upcoming weddings.... With my wedding in July next year 10 months I need to get super motivated to tone up and lose some extra inches

Having lost two dress sizes last year my weight loss has not been great recently so looking for new ideas and tips

Anyone up for keeping each other motivated and sharing ideas??

My goal is to lose another dress size by beginning of next year which will be hard with christmas etc coming up

Definately! I've got till Aug 2014 but I've 3 stone to lose so I'm def up for a bit of motivation

Hello!

Love this post!! I'm Aug next year and want to lose 1 stone (lost 1.5 stone over the last year already)

I need something to get me motivated as Im eating lots of junk at weekends!!
    I did weight watchers before when I lost weight and thinking of joining again!!
    What's your plan of action?x

Super Senior Platinum Member

Me too I have 1 stone to lose before my wedding next September. I do Ww but seem to have lost the motivation. I need a big kick up the backside x

Hey Ladies!

Fab we should defo keep each other updated and check progress

I am just going to stick to "clean" eating as best as I can no diets - Just healthy foods all cooked from scratch as best I can and no processed foods/junk. I done this before and lost loads and felt so much better for it. I still allow myself a 10% a week for a few cheeky wines or chocolate etc

Starting a boxing/boot camp on wednesday which is 3 times a week plus doing body pump/combat

What are all your plans of action?? x

This is a great idea! I only have three months to go until my wedding, and not happy with my weight at all! I lost a lot of weight s couple of years ago but over the past few months, a stone has crept back on - so annoyed with myself! And even more annoyed at not making more of an effort sooner! I've gone back to doing weight watchers points - how I lost it in the first place - and am doing body pump and body attack each week. If anyone has any other ideas for quick results, please share! X

Super Senior Member

Hi. I also have some weight to lose. Lost 1 1/2 stones last year, but have not been doing well and have put 1/2 stone back on. Would like to lose 1 stone. have till July. Going to up my gym sessions as i have been lazy lately and try to cut out some junk and downsize portions.

Gems you can still lose in three months If I was you id make sure you are hittng pump/circut classes as I think they are the best for toning and the more muscle the more calories burned I also find aswell if you have near 3L of water a day it stops "fake" hunger and going for a quick fix on sugar

Miss Black I have until July only 10 months which is scary xx

Super Senior Platinum Member MissMartin's Avatar

Ladies....I need to join you!

I would like to lose about 3 stone by my wedding in July. I'm having a bit of a tough time just now, so I find that I get motivated for a week and then lose it. I like using myfitnesspal.....I got back into it last week, then had a weekend away (so stopped it again)....I've then come back home and I've got a really bad cold...so I find when I'm ill like this I want to eat junk.

On a better note, I got my boobs measured about 3 weeks ago and I was up to the biggest bra size I've ever had....in the last few days that size has become far too big for me in the cup, so I know ive lost a wee bit.

Hopefully i'll be better tomorrow and I can get back on it.....bought 'Just Dance 3' for my Wii and I think it's excellent for working up a sweat to when the kids are in bed and h2b is at the gym.

I'm MissMartin81 on Myfitnesspal if anyone wants to add....although i've not been behaving very well on it lately!

I'm up for this I have a stone to lose before my wedding next May, eek! I have 8 months so I think it's do-able. x

Hi Girls,

Glad im not the only one! I have lost 2 stone since I joined slimming world April, which I am loving, but still want to lose between 1.5 - 2 stone before I get married in July 2014 although ideally want to do it before April! Was determined not to try dresses on till I acheieved my target but was talking into it by my chief bridesmaid and now have about 4 appointments in next few weeks!!

I too need a kick up the backside as I have got a bit lazy with my excercise classes know it will be hard over winter as it means going out in the cold and dark!

MissMartin what is myfitnesspal? I have heard a few people talking about it but didn't quite get what it was!

Hi folks! I'm definitely up for this too. I think it's a great idea to be able to share a bit of motivation, and also failures so that we can all comfort each other as well!! I am trying my best to cut out junk as well, and doing okay during the week, but weekends are the problem. I have a mental block that alcohol contains calories - it's only liquid! I've been doing a couple of fitness classes a week which has helped me tone up, and hoping to up this when my membership for the new Puregym in Edinburgh starts (mid October) - going to try to go to as many classes as I can. I'm getting married next April but was on the cusp of the smaller size in my wedding dress so have ordered it in that, so really have to lose at the very least half a stone but hoping for a stone and a half ideally! We'll see. Always goes out the window around the Christmas period but hoping that if I try and get into good habits now that it might be easier to "bounce back" from the Christmas period! Good luck girlies and any tips on healthy eating etc gratefully shared!! x x

Quote Originally Posted by shellyG View Post

MissMartin what is myfitnesspal? I have heard a few people talking about it but didn't quite get what it was!
    Hi,
    Its basically a way of counting calories. You keep a daily food diary, (Online or download the app for your phone), as you eat, you record what you've had (I usually scan the barcodes in on my phone). I get 1200 calories a day, but if I do excersise, then it adds calories on (as it encourages you to eat a certain amount back per day). It's a slow weight loss, I only lose about a pound per week, but they say that to lose it slowly is better.

Deffo up for this! I've lost 3 and a 1/2 stone so far and still have a long way to go! but have kind of lost motivation at the moment! Getting married in July need to get my focus back and get back to exercising! Need to hit the gym to kick start me again! X
    Claire and Andrew's Wedding Website

Advertisers

hey ladies,
    We are off to perform on a cruise in November and we all needed to fit into our ballgowns that we've had since school and college so three of us have started Dukan Diet.
    As the heaviest, I've lost 1 stone 1lb in two and a half weeks, Cat has lost 12lbs and Fiona 8lbs I think.
    It's been great, but the meat only days are a bit of a killer but if you look up the recipes you can get quite into it.
    You must drink up to 3 litres of water a day too which is ace for cellulite...

Im glad that had quite a lot of replies My first day back on it has been successful so far not had any cravings yet for chocolate etc but give it a few days. I find by writing down everything I eat helps me keep on track also thinking of putting a pic of my wedding dress on my wee calender in work so its staring me in the face lol

I am getting my measurments done on Wednesday so will post and then post weekly for progress

Anyone got other ideas to keep each other motivated?xx

hi,

i am getting married in june 2013 and hoping to lose at least 2.5 stone by then. I am mairi33 on mfp, i think its great for keeping u on the right track (although i do sometimes avoid it if i have had a bad day!)

also started seeing a personal trainer at the local gym once a week who gives me an hour of physical hell and gives me routines to do for the rest of the week -he is also giving me food advice (though as a long term yo yo dieter i pretty much know what i should and shouldnt be eating!

Basically lots of fruit and veg, lean meat, no processed food and stay away from the evil bread - he doesnt even advise high fibre brown stuff!! meh.

I'm missmartin81 on Myfitnesspal if anyone would like to add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawny McP View Post
    Hi folks! I'm definitely up for this too. I think it's a great idea to be able to share a bit of motivation, and also failures so that we can all comfort each other as well!! I am trying my best to cut out junk as well, and doing okay during the week, but weekends are the problem. I have a mental block that alcohol contains calories - it's only liquid! I've been doing a couple of fitness classes a week which has helped me tone up, and hoping to up this when my membership for the new Puregym in Edinburgh starts (mid October) - going to try to go to as many classes as I can. I'm getting married next April but was on the cusp of the smaller size in my wedding dress so have ordered it in that, so really have to lose at the very least half a stone but hoping for a stone and a half ideally! We'll see. Always goes out the window around the Christmas period but hoping that if I try and get into good habits now that it might be easier to "bounce back" from the Christmas period! Good luck girlies and any tips on healthy eating etc gratefully shared!! x x

we have far too much in common! I have also joined pure gym, was ment to go for first class tonight but I have a scratched eye and 3 eye ulcers and gym lighting would be agony!! My wedding is also in April and I was the same with my dress which has arrived and I'm getting scared to try it on! We should be gym buddies lol Xox

Hi ladies!

Im not wanting to lose any weight but would love to join in this thread as my main goal is not to put any weight on before my wedding in May!
    I exercise alot & have a very active job, however last month I tore my Achilles & now I cant run or do any kind of high impact exercise. im terrified I put on masses of weight before may, especially as I have a weakness for biscuits! Hopefully you ladies will be able to keep me on the diet straight & narrow until im fixed! :-)
    xx

Hi Ladies,

This is a new one for me but people keep saying it means I'm happy! Well I must be extremely happy (which I am, btw!) I have never ever in my entire life had to worry about food or exercise and now all of a sudden in the last year, coincidently when I met my H2B, I have managed to put on a stone and half!!! I was quite happy in the beginning to put on a wee bit weight as I was too thin but I now have the problem that my clothes don't fit!! Quite traumatised by this as I now only have one pair of work trousers to wear and my blouses are gaping!! However obviously not traumatised enough as I am currently giving myself a wee treat of some Maltesers after my rubbish day at work! have actually wondered at times if I am secretly pregnant but it's not that, I am just getting fat!!! So to read this thread is great motivation for me, it's time to download my fitness pal and complete the gym membership form that is lying around in the kitchen!!

Hi all, definitely up for this. Starting out with My Fitness Pal next week - got 2.5 stone to lose in 10 months
    I am a member of LA Fitness in Glasgow but haven't been going for ages, going to start back spinning and a couple of lunchtime classes per week.
    My username is BowesBride -I'll add the other 2 MFP'ers on here and we can track together!

x

Love this thread an will be keeping an eye on it! Looking to lose weight by about this time next year to go wedding dress shopping! Thinking about joining the gym and maybe starting weight watchers but hoping that I can do it myself with healthy eating but it's not easy!

Super Senior Member Laurabelle84's Avatar

Count me in on this! I have till Aug 2014 to lose weight so really need to start now as I want to lose about 3 stone, but in a slow healthy way so it stays off after the wedding. I lost a few stone 2 years ago before H2B and I went on our 1st holiday and felt great, but after the holiday I didn't bother, and now I feel I'm the heaviest I've been for years (and my boobs & bum are out of control, I need to get these boys sorted!!)

I used weightwise plan when I lost the weight the last time so going to start going back to that plan, plus I'm booking myself into more classes and hitting the gym more, but I deffo need help staying motivated. As nice as it is to hear H2B saying he thinks I'm fine the way I am then feeding me tubs of Ben & Jerrys, I don't want to get married when I'm this size, nor feel that dread of putting a bikini on for honeymoon xx

Count me in! I have a stone to lose by next september. Already lost about 3 stone gradually over last couple of years and have came to a standstill. I find jogging and boxing the best exercise to lose weight. Oh and avoid anything that begins with the letter C...........Cheese, Chocolate, Cakes, Chips, Curry, Crisps, Cream!!! Xx